Sign in to follow this  
enjoi525

Big Trade

EDIT:

He accepted the following trade that I countered with: My LJ and Julius Jones for his SA, Donald Driver, and Caddy? How did I do?

I have been offered Shaun Alexander and Caddy Williams for my LJ. I have been wanting to deal LJ because of various reasons. Diminished O line, holdout, 400+ carries, priest coming back. I originally traded Travis Henry and Javon Walker for SJax. I feel good at RB but I want a huge one-two punch but i have my conerns about LJ. I really dont need to acquire Caddy because I think my depth is good. I was think about boosting my WR corp and maybe asking for Driver. will that kill the deal? Who has the bigger chance of busting this year SA or LJ??? Thanks

My team:

Bulger

Roethlisberger

Marvin Harrison

Deion Branch

Mark Clayton

Reggie Brown

SJAX

LJ

Benson

Julius Jones

Jerious Norwood

Ladell Betts

Shockey

His Team:

Tom Brady

Eli Manning

Kitna

Boldin

Driver

Cotchery

Hester

Alexander

Ronnie Brown

Caddy

Chester Taylor

Heap

Watson

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I think those with LJ should stick with LJ. I still think he'll put up close to monster fantasy stats because he is the Chief's weapon. I still believe he'll have a big year despite all the negatives so my guess is leave it be

but if you're really itching to make this trade, I would include Driver

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=278481

LJ's value is at the lowest it's gonna be this season. If his situation was cleared up you could call your own trade. It seems that everyone is calling for the downfall of LJ this year. That's why I really think the exact opposite is gonna happen...

I'd hold on to him at least until he ends his holdout. I'd also think about holding him until the end of Week 1. KC plays Houston. He should torch them.

If he does, target a team whose number one runner struggled. Offer him and a lesser wideout for that back and a good wideout

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=278637

there's mine

I would stick with LJ, pairing him with SJax=CHAMPIONSHIP. If you feel you must trade him away, get Driver instead of Caddy.

As an LJ owner I say keep him, BUT if your gut says make the trade then go for it. I would take Caddy over Driver because Caddy is still young and his team is on the upswing. I honestly think Cadillac could be a monster sleeper pick this year, and if not this season than definitely the next. If you want to strengthen your WR position, then take Driver.

i would just ask yourself two questions

1. do i need to make this trade?

2. am i getting the best player?

and then finally, if you dont like LJ/chiefs or really like SA/seahawks (homerism)...i'd say sure why not

I would make the deal. I don't think that there will be a big difference between LJ and SA this year, which means that Caddy is gravy and another chip to play with.

I do think that asking for Driver instead would kill the deal.

Just my $0.02

Parlay Pete

OK. so I countered back with My LJ and Julius Jones for his SA, Driver, and Caddy. He accepted the trade. How did I make out?

I know earlier I said don't trade LJ but I think this was a great trade for you. You get someone who will get about the same numbers (SJax), a reliable backup who could have a big year (Caddy), and one of the top WR's in fantasy football (Driver). Julius Jones is worth barely anything. Oh and Driver is severely underrated. He's one of the top fantasy WR's people, just look at his stats through the years.

Good trade...way to pull it off

I think that you got excellent value for LJ in this case.. I may be in the minority here, but i don't think that LJ is going to come anywhere close to the numbers he put up last year.. With the holdout, heavy workload last year, no passing game, poor offensive line.. In return you get SA, who I believe will return to form an be a top 10 back this season.. Donald Driver who is Favre's favorite option and primed to be a top 10 reciever this year.. plus you pick up Caddy who might not return to his form of 2 years ago, but will undoubtably be better than last year and should be a solid 3rd Rb

please see mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=279028