Sign in to follow this  
Bbleehehh9

Big Keeper Dilemma, No 1st round pick

12 team big money keeper league, standard scoring.. start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, DEF...

Here's my dilemma.. we keep 2 players from the previous year, no penalties involved, then the draft goes based on the final standings from last year..

At the end of last season, I traded away my 3rd round pick for this coming year in order to pick up Brandon Jacobs. However, I'm still not convinced that I should be keeping him. My 1st keeper hands down is going to be Willie Parker. My dilemma here is keeping Jacobs or Reggie Wayne. My personal in depth rankings show Wayne as a top 6 reciever this coming season, with a big dropoff after those 6. Jacobs, on my RB rankings, sits at 21st.. however, 17 of those ahead of him are being kept by other owners.

The RB pool looks like this: Ronnie Brown, Edge, Cedric Benson, Jacobs, Marshawn Lynch, Deuce, Caddy Williams, Ahman Green, Marion Barber, Jam Lewis, Adrian Peterson, Julius Jones, and so on down the list..

As for the receiving crop.. only the top 4 on my list are being kept.. CJ, Steve Smith, Harrison, Holt..

I would've picked at #10 in the first round, but according to my projections I didn't specifically like anything that would fall to me in that spot. And not having a 3rd round pick, I wanted to accumulate more picks in the early rounds. I traded that #10 pick to another team for his 2nd and 3rd rounders (#18 and #31 respectively).. So I pick 15th and 18th and have to decide what to do here. The majority of teams in the league are keeping RB/RB, and therefore will be looking WR, and possibly QB, early on.

If I keep Parker/Wayne... I should expect a running back of the Marshawn Lynch, Deuce McAllister, Caddilac Williams, Marion Barber, Adrian Peterson variety to fall my way... and then at the 18 spot a mid-tier reciever such as Lee Evans, Andre Johnson, Houshmandzadeh, Moss, Burress, Ward, Branch..

If I keep Parker/Jacobs as my Rb's... and then go WR/WR.. I get two of those type guys

So would i be better off with say.. RB- Parker, Barber WR- Wayne, Evans

or with RB- Parker, Jacobs WR- Evans, Burress

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Is it a PPR league? I'd keep Wayne. I have Jacobs and like him a lot, but there's question marks. If it isn't PPR I might think again though. A guy like Burress wouldn't be much difference to some of the other guys

Id go with Wayne/Parker. Wayne is gonna have a big year because I think Indy is gonna have to score alot more points due to their defensive liabilities. And getting a back like Deuce or Caddy should equal out Jacobs. Good luck

Keep Wayne and find a rb to pair with Parker. I think you can get a nice back with your pick.

I would keep Jacobs, and the reason is the running backs will be thin, and because of how you made your trades i think you can pick up a couple solid recievers early. The dropoff in WR's isnt near as great as the droppoff in RB's. And those RB's you mentioned as possible #2's would be tough to win a league with.

I agree I would keep Jacobs. I wasn't very high on him but now the reports coming out of Giants camp say they want to get him the ball 20-25 times a game. That's #1 back carries, and you know he'll get all the goalline carries as he already did when Tiki was there. As the poster above me said, RB's are very thin, while the WR position is much deeper. Id sure up my RB's and be very happy with a WR like Lee Evans as my #1. Im VERY high on Evans, wouldn't be suprised if he ends up with same yards and TD's as Wayne does.

Wayne

Jacobs can't be counted on to be as consistant as Wayne and you can 'take a chance' on one of the listed RBs.

I'm leaning to Jacobs. I'm typically a RB guy and I'm starting to hear good things from the newswires on Jacobs also. The RB depth looks thin in your league and I think you will have more options at WR.

I own Wayne in my redraft league and Jacobs in my keeper league.

I would keep Jacobs. With the increase in carries and just about all goal line TDs not scored by Shockey, I like Jacobs more than the alternatives. Wayne is not that much better than the alternatives.

Go Vikes!

i agree with everyone else. wayne is more valuable than jacobs, considering you'll get someone at 15 that will equal his production. i really think droughns will split a lot of time with jacobs. jacobs was a beast to watch last year, i was really excited about him after tiki decided to retire. However, Droughns looked good in the preseason game and i imagine the giants don't just want to sit him on the bench and give him junk time.

I would keep Jacobs, and the reason is the running backs will be thin, and because of how you made your trades i think you can pick up a couple solid recievers early. The dropoff in WR's isnt near as great as the droppoff in RB's. And those RB's you mentioned as possible #2's would be tough to win a league with.

I totally agree with this. A lot has to do with the fact that I'm pretty high on Jacobs(as I suspect you are since you traded for him last year).

Thanks for replying to mine. Good luck.

I totally agree with this. A lot has to do with the fact that I'm pretty high on Jacobs(as I suspect you are since you traded for him last year).

Thanks for replying to mine. Good luck.

I'm on the Jacobs sideline. I like Wayne a lot too but RBs are the name of the fantasy game and they go fast. The WR pool is much deeper. Evans should have a good year, not that far behind Wayne. Then there's guys like Reggie Brown, Phil., Branch, Sea., and even Vincent Jackson, SD. These guys could all have good years. Yes, Wayne is almost certain to be a top 10 WR but I'd gamble on Jacobs and try to catch a diamond in the rough with one of the other WRs.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=279903