11. (144) Joe Jurevicius WR

12. (165) Olindo Mare K

13. (172) Michael Turner RB

14. (193) Owen Daniels TE

15. (200) Michael Jenkins WR

16. (221) Arizona DEF

17. (228) New Orleans DEF

18. (249) Charlie Frye QB

I just finished a 14 team draft earlier and those are the results. Basic scoring, all TD's are worth six (reason why Manning went fourth!) I can't believe that there was a number 1 on the depth chart receiver left at pick 200. It pays to look deep. I wanted Calvin Johnson, but he was picked @86, but overall I feel I will dominate with this team right here. Yall should study this for your draft to get a feel for value in large leagues.

Sorry to burst your "Happy" bubble, but currently Jenkins is #3 on the depth chart, behind Horn and Roddy White. Yahoo, you got Manning!!!! Unless the A. Peterson you took in the 6th is from Minn. you're sunk at RB. K's in the 8th and 10th? Best of luck.

I will never study anyone's draft when they take a kicker in round 8.

OWNED!

Also, I don't care if TDs are equal. Until you get more for a passing TD, Manning at 4 was foolish. Especially in a league that size. You don't have a RB or WR that is consistent in the least bit. You wasted a pick on Lynch, took a kicker too early, drafted Moss for some unknown reason (you don't plan on winning?), took a backup QB in round 10 (too early since you have Manning) took two bad Ds in the 16th and 17th and then a third QB.

Does this league have certain roster requirements or something?

Also, you need to look into trading Manning and Jacobs to someone for a top RB (that you should have drafted in the first place) and one of those top 6-7 QBs and hope there is someone thick enough to do it.

I am quickly becoming a most hated person here, but that's cool. I like to have logical arguments, so please follow my logic here.

First of all, yes that is the Peterson from Minny. Secondly, the reason I took Manning so quickly is because after using FFToday's customized player projections, I realized that Manning is projected to score 273 points this year. Compare this to The second ranked qb is Palmer at 213 points, Ben roethlisberger is projected at 155 points. This means the gap between Manning and Palmer is about the same as Palmer and Roethlisberger. FOURTEEN quarterbacks fall within the range of Palmer and Roethlisberger.The Almighty Tomlinson is projected to score 234 points in this system. The second back, SJax is projected for 183 points, a gap of 50 points. Jacobs is projected for 128 points, within 20 points of studs such as Westbrook, Parker, Maroney, and Bush. All those guys were gone, so I took Jacobs. I have great upside at the #2 rb with the combo of Peterson and Lynch. In this league the best RB I coulda got was Larry Johnson or Frank Gore, who are each projected to score only about 30 points above Jacobs. Almost all my guys have a more likely chance of exceeding their projections than falling below them. Even if Jenkins doesn't start (which I think he will because Horn is old as dirt) he is still a value at 200! Do the math before you hate me! Peace to all those who think before they speak!

Dude, your draft sucked and Jenkins sucks as well.

Let us see who you drafted, beeotch! And besides, back up your dumb-ass statements by pointing out the flaws in my earlier argument about the gaps between Manning, Palmer, LT and Jacobs. I bet you can't think of one intelligent thing to say! Saying "u suck" is not my definition of intelligence, sucka!

Let us see who you drafted, beeotch! And besides, back up your dumb-ass statements by pointing out the flaws in my earlier argument about the gaps between Manning, Palmer, LT and Jacobs. I bet you can't think of one intelligent thing to say! Saying "u suck" is not my definition of intelligence, sucka!

Your draft pretty much speaks for your lack of intelligence.

Your draft pretty much speaks for your lack of intelligence.

That's the best you could do, wowwwwww! BTW, I got a good sleeper for you! I heard that the Browns picked up your momma as a free agent running back to replace Jamal Lewis!

That's the best you could do, wowwwwww! BTW, I got a good sleeper for you! I heard that the Browns picked up your momma as a free agent running back to replace Jamal Lewis!

"I like to have logical arguments." :unsure:

I am quickly becoming a most hated person here, but that's cool. I like to have logical arguments, so please follow my logic here.

First of all, yes that is the Peterson from Minny. Secondly, the reason I took Manning so quickly is because after using FFToday's customized player projections, I realized that Manning is projected to score 273 points this year. Compare this to The second ranked qb is Palmer at 213 points, Ben roethlisberger is projected at 155 points. This means the gap between Manning and Palmer is about the same as Palmer and Roethlisberger. FOURTEEN quarterbacks fall within the range of Palmer and Roethlisberger.The Almighty Tomlinson is projected to score 234 points in this system. The second back, SJax is projected for 183 points, a gap of 50 points. Jacobs is projected for 128 points, within 20 points of studs such as Westbrook, Parker, Maroney, and Bush. All those guys were gone, so I took Jacobs. I have great upside at the #2 rb with the combo of Peterson and Lynch. In this league the best RB I coulda got was Larry Johnson or Frank Gore, who are each projected to score only about 30 points above Jacobs. Almost all my guys have a more likely chance of exceeding their projections than falling below them. Even if Jenkins doesn't start (which I think he will because Horn is old as dirt) he is still a value at 200! Do the math before you hate me! Peace to all those who think before they speak!

Exactly. Those 14 QBs that fall between Palmer and Roethlisberger are starting for everyone else, AND they have stud RBs while you reached for Manning and have nothing in the backfield.

I love people who tout their two kicker and two defense drafts as the best thing we've ever seen. I don't care if you have 5,000 roster spots, why are you taking two kickers and defenses?

I love people who tout their two kicker and two defense drafts as the best thing we've ever seen. I don't care if you have 5,000 roster spots, why are you taking two kickers and defenses?

:thumbsup:

I dont hate you or anyone but Jenkins is not even draftable. Horn is the #1 reciever there and Crumpler is the second option. AND Joey Harrington is passing there so unless you took him with the last pick it was not a good pick. Not that it is ridiculous but nothing to brag about.

If you draft anything other than a running back with your first two picks (for some people three) then your labeled an idiot by most in here. I don't agree with that. I feel if you know your league's scoring, the other owners draft tendancies then you draft accordingly.

Manning with the fourth is too high for me, but at least you have your own theory. If I knew I could take Manning and manage to grab Lynch and Peterson in rounds four and five....I might draft Manning as well. I think you got lucky as hell to get those two with those picks.

Drafting kickers that early is never good. Vinatieri may be a great kicker, but he'll put nine points a game compared to the worst kicker putting up five....not a big deal.

As for the original topic: Michael Jenkins.

I'd stay away from Jenkins and White. Neither has showed anything in the NFL. It doesn't matter if Joey is at QB, Schuab, Vick, Montana.....they haven't caught the ball. They system they play in don't make a difference either. Joe Horn is clearly the #1 wr in Atlanta. He has a huge chip on his shoulder this year and I think he'll put up a pretty good year....IF he can manage to stay healthy. Getting Jenkins with that pick though was fine. If he pans out then you got a great value. If he plays like he's played so far in his career and you drop him by week five, no big deal it was a "reach" pick anyway.

did someone really make a topic about grabbing michael jenkins with the 200th pick?!?

someone needs attention

In Yahoo basic scoring leagues, the games are usually decided within 2-5 points, it's very tight scoring. Kickers out score TE's by a mile, so I reached for the best kicker in round eight, knowing I would have probably the best points at that position each week, rather than reaching for Winslow or Gates in the third like other owners did. I feel I have a huge advantage at QB, and I have players who can hang with the top players at every other position. The difference between a Ronnie Brown, Maroney, or Henry and players that I got much later such as Peterson, Lynch, and Jacobs is not that big. I have five receivers, four of whom will be on the field every offensive snap, and my fifth (Jenkins) will probably be a starter as well (refer to the article posted earlier.) I picked my defenses at just about the very end of the draft, because at this point all the players left were nothing but longshots at getting any significant production. I like to draft players who matter now, not maybe later players. Besides, there are these things called bye-weeks, which means you need 2 kickers and two defenses right? I know that later on during the year I can drop a k or def and pick up a player with real value, rather than waste draft picks who ride the pine their whole career. peace

In Yahoo basic scoring leagues, the games are usually decided within 2-5 points, it's very tight scoring. Kickers out score TE's by a mile, so I reached for the best kicker in round eight, knowing I would have probably the best points at that position each week, rather than reaching for Winslow or Gates in the third like other owners did. I feel I have a huge advantage at QB, and I have players who can hang with the top players at every other position. The difference between a Ronnie Brown, Maroney, or Henry and players that I got much later such as Peterson, Lynch, and Jacobs is not that big. I have five receivers, four of whom will be on the field every offensive snap, and my fifth (Jenkins) will probably be a starter as well (refer to the article posted earlier.) I picked my defenses at just about the very end of the draft, because at this point all the players left were nothing but longshots at getting any significant production. I like to draft players who matter now, not maybe later players. Besides, there are these things called bye-weeks, which means you need 2 kickers and two defenses right? I know that later on during the year I can drop a k or def and pick up a player with real value, rather than waste draft picks who ride the pine their whole career. peace

The difference between the top kicker and the 12 kicker last year: 31 points. The difference beween the top TE and the 12th TE: 65 points.

The top drafted kickers last year:

Rackers (finished 8th)

Vinatieri (finished 12th)

Shayne Graham (finished 11th)

Jay Feeley (finished 15th)

David Akers (finished 19th)

Jason Elam (finished 8th)

Mike Vaderjagt (finished 30th)

Josh Brown (finished 13th)

John Kasay (finished 22nd)

Jeff Wilkins (finished 3rd)

Lawrence Tynes (finished 16th)

Matt Stover (finished 4th)

Of the 12 kickers drafted as starters, only 6 finished as a starting quality kicker. Only 2 of those finished better than their ranking. Last year's top kicker almost certainly wasn't drafted. 11 of the top 12 drafted TEs finished in the top 12 (Health Miller finished 13th). 5 of the top 12 drafted defenses finished in the top 12 (this will vary depending on scoring).

Since you can easily find kickers and defenses that score points off the wire, why not just draft 1 each, and use the extra roster spot on the hope that you can find this year's Jones-Drew or Colston?

The difference between the top kicker and the 12 kicker last year: 31 points. The difference beween the top TE and the 12th TE: 65 points.

The top drafted kickers last year:

Rackers (finished 8th)

Vinatieri (finished 12th)

Shayne Graham (finished 11th)

Jay Feeley (finished 15th)

David Akers (finished 19th)

Jason Elam (finished 8th)

Mike Vaderjagt (finished 30th)

Josh Brown (finished 13th)

John Kasay (finished 22nd)

Jeff Wilkins (finished 3rd)

Lawrence Tynes (finished 16th)

Matt Stover (finished 4th)

Of the 12 kickers drafted as starters, only 6 finished as a starting quality kicker. Only 2 of those finished better than their ranking. Last year's top kicker almost certainly wasn't drafted. 11 of the top 12 drafted TEs finished in the top 12 (Health Miller finished 13th). 5 of the top 12 drafted defenses finished in the top 12 (this will vary depending on scoring).

Since you can easily find kickers and defenses that score points off the wire, why not just draft 1 each, and use the extra roster spot on the hope that you can find this year's Jones-Drew or Colston?

My chances of drafting the next Colston on draft day are slim to none. I do believe that he was picked up off waivers by most owners last year, not drafted. There is no need to gamble on long shots, when you can pick players like Colston off the free agent list the way I see it. Also, is your scoring format the same as mine? We could have wildly different results with different scoring methods. In some leagues, missed field goals cost points or there are no bonuses for long field goals. Something to consider. In our league, the top te's (besides Gates 65 points) only scored around 50 points for the season! peace

My chances of drafting the next Colston on draft day are slim to none. I do believe that he was picked up off waivers by most owners last year, not drafted. There is no need to gamble on long shots, when you can pick players like Colston off the free agent list the way I see it. Also, is your scoring format the same as mine? We could have wildly different results with different scoring methods. In some leagues, missed field goals cost points or there are no bonuses for long field goals. Something to consider. In our league, the top te's (besides Gates 65 points) only scored around 50 points for the season! peace

Slim? Yes. None? No. There are always break out players. True, Colston wasn't drafted in most leagues. But Jones-Drew was in deeper leagues, as were guys like Barber III, Jon Kitna, and Chris Henry. And unless your league's crap, you generally only get shots at a guy like Colston if you're one of the worst teams (unless you use a blind bidding system). A pick with little risk and a lot of upside is better than a pick with little risk and little upside.

As for scoring system, I'm using a pretty standard one, no penalties for missed FGs or bonuses for long ones, 1 point every 10 yards rushing, receving, 6 points for rushing/receiving TDs, no PPR. The top 12 TEs all scored more than 80 points (acutally a big cut off after 12, #13 scored 69 points), with the top 7 scoring more than 100.

ok i'm not going to attack you, but i don't really like your team. i kinda stick to the RB RB theory. for instance, just today i had a draft. redraft, 12 team, 3rd pick ,took Addai, McGahee, Bulger with first 3 picks. i usually don't draft a QB that early but Bulger was there, and i think he might be right there with manning in FF pts. this yr. and i also get 6 pts for passing Tds. my point is, you need to try to stack your backfield, imo. RBs get hurt all the time, and if you are playing catchup for RBs, your reserves will be lame. so, i think you have big ??? at RB. Peyton will keep you competitive, but if Jacobs doesn't work out you are screwed. AP is in a RBBC with Taylor, i'm thinking 50/50 split. Lynch is a big ?? in Buffalo as well. i'm also not a huge fan of your WR's. i like Holmes as a WR3 but Chambers and Moss i'm not real high on, just my opinion. and jenkins, well we will see. i'm not excited aboot any atlanta recievers. hotlanta is a mess right now. who knows maybe jenkins will be joeys fave target.

try not to take the bashing too seriously. and know that when you post your team you are open to criticism and will get a good dose of it. i do agree that there are some douches on this board that are just trying to pick a fight. try not to bite, easier said than done.

ok i'm not going to attack you, but i don't really like your team. i kinda stick to the RB RB theory. for instance, just today i had a draft. redraft, 12 team, 3rd pick ,took Addai, McGahee, Bulger with first 3 picks. i usually don't draft a QB that early but Bulger was there, and i think he might be right there with manning in FF pts. this yr. and i also get 6 pts for passing Tds. my point is, you need to try to stack your backfield, imo. RBs get hurt all the time, and if you are playing catchup for RBs, your reserves will be lame. so, i think you have big ??? at RB. Peyton will keep you competitive, but if Jacobs doesn't work out you are screwed. AP is in a RBBC with Taylor, i'm thinking 50/50 split. Lynch is a big ?? in Buffalo as well. i'm also not a huge fan of your WR's. i like Holmes as a WR3 but Chambers and Moss i'm not real high on, just my opinion. and jenkins, well we will see. i'm not excited aboot any atlanta recievers. hotlanta is a mess right now. who knows maybe jenkins will be joeys fave target.

try not to take the bashing too seriously. and know that when you post your team you are open to criticism and will get a good dose of it. i do agree that there are some douches on this board that are just trying to pick a fight. try not to bite, easier said than done.

I appreciate the fact that you stated an opinion without being a jerk about it! :thumbsup:

I don't know, but I think that almost all the main rb's besides LT and SJax have a lot of risk. Almost all the top rb's are either in a dreaded rbbc, have a new team, have injury risks, contract issues, sorry teams, or are proving themselves for the first time. Off the top of my head, the only safe picks seem to be FWP, Alexander,Rudi, or Gore. true, I coulda got one of these dudes, but I opted instead for Manning which was a good thing in retrospect because the next top 5 qb's were gone by my next pick! I figured with all the question marks surrounding soo many rb's this year, that I would grab Jacobs for his goal-line abilities and dig for gems in later rounds. I think the three starters I have will produce as well as the rb's drafted ahead of them, guys like Brown, Portis, McGahee etc. As a bonus, I also snatched up the handcuff for LT. If there is any position where rookies can have an immediate impact, it's RB, and I have the top two of the 07 class. More than likely one of them will be a stud, and I only have to start two rb's each week, so I should be straight!

As for my receivers, I am extremely high on Moss this year, and I feel the others are better than average receivers this year. Chambers problem last year was his horrible qb's, not himself. Green should help his numbers go back to 04-05 levels. Jurevicius as my fourth should get plenty of red zone love with his size and good hands no matter which qb the Browns use, and Jenkins was the best wr option left at #200, hopefully giving me a surprise player for depth. I would put this team up against most teams in smaller leagues of 10-12 and still be competitive. peace

People lose leagues, because they overpay for talent. Moss at the third pick is a huge reach. He is a great player with a great QB behind a great o-line. You could have taken moss 1-2 rounds later and picked better RBs. That reach weakened your team and the fact that you took a kicker in round eight is almost criminal. You do know the difference between the best kicker and the mid level kicker is only 2-3 points game. The points you lost on RBs will kill your team, since the RBS you took will produce 5-10 less per game than what you could have had. You took manning at pick 4, when you should have taken Alexander, LJ, Gore or someone like them. Seriously, I have never seen a team with manning as its first round pick look good. When I see a Peyton Manning first round pick team, I think of a team with crappy RBs and no depth.

People lose leagues, because they overpay for talent. Moss at the third pick is a huge reach. He is a great player with a great QB behind a great o-line. You could have taken moss 1-2 rounds later and picked better RBs. That reach weakened your team and the fact that you took a kicker in round eight is almost criminal. You do know the difference between the best kicker and the mid level kicker is only 2-3 points game. The points you lost on RBs will kill your team, since the RBS you took will produce 5-10 less per game than what you could have had.

Once again, know the scoring system before talkin trash! The best players in our league are lucky if they score ten points a game. td's=6, 50 yards passing & 20 yards rush/rec=1, -2 for turnovers,field goals are worth 3,4, or five-depending on distance, xp=1, Basic defensive scoring system, no ppr, no bonuses. Basically, this is a TD league, not a performance league. Also, I forgot to inform yall that three kickers were selected before I took mine, so it wasn't the reach that all of you think it was, it was the right time to grab him.

Also, I forgot to inform yall that three kickers were selected before I took mine, so it wasn't the reach that all of you think it was, it was the right time to grab him.

Actually, I think the exact opposite at this point. If three teams have taken a K ahead of you already in the 8th, take the talent that they're letting slip through the cracks. Refer to V4E's well thought out post about past performance not being an indicator for future fantasy success for kickers. You have a pretty good chance of drafting a 16th round kicker that will out-perform Vinatieri. In my league (standard kicker scoring) Vinatieri was 12th last year despite usually being drafted as the first or second kicker. He scored a whopping 3 points more than the nearly universally undrafted Dave Rayner.

Didn't Roddy White start over Jenkins? I can't see Jenkins being more than a bye-week WR this year.

Didn't Roddy White start over Jenkins? I can't see Jenkins being more than a bye-week WR this year.

Exactly.

Horn and White are ahead of him on the depth chart. This is of course assuming Joey can even complete a pass to whoever happens to be starting. :headbanger:

Okay, you took Manning at 4th overall. Then by midway through round two you say a total of 6 QB's were gone. The best you could get with your second round and early third round picks were Brandon Jacobs and Randy Moss? I can see Jacobs but Randy Freaking Moss (as you can see I am not high on him). If you subtract the 6 QBs that you say were taken would put you in line for the 18th rated running back at 24 overall IF no big named WR were taken. That would hold true with your pick of Jacobs. Then somehow between pick 2.10 and 3.4 C. Johnson, S. Smith, Owens, Holt, Harrison, Wayne, Houshmandzadeh, Fitzgerald, Colston, Williams, Boldin, Evans, Walker and others were gone leaving you with Moss. Maybe all of those guys weren't gone. You admittedly reached for Moss there. Other than reaching for Manning at 4 overall, this is where your draft began going south in my opinion. After taking Manning in the first I think you almost had to go RB here. You ended up with Jacobs as RB1 and guys in RBBC as RB2 and RB3. Any chance Portis was around with that pick? He has been slipping as of late. But if you like Moss and have a gut feeling that he is going to be great this year then I guess you did what you needed to do if you wanted to make sure you got him. It is difficult for me to justify those picks. Manning and Moss both will have to do much much better than their projected numbers to justify that draft position. Gererally in a good draft if a player overachieves it is a bonus and a good value. In your case if they overachieve you in essence break even leaving no room for a great value. Taking a kicker in the 8th didn't make much sense to me either. I drafted 2 weeks ago and still don't have a kicker. I drafted position players and am waiting to see who I will drop to pick up a kicker (any kicker) prior to week 1. This allowed me to take a guy like Brandon Jackson who just might wind up with a starting job on a decent running team.

But to each his own. I hope it all pans out for you, but I would have gone another route. Good luck

I will never study anyone's draft when they take a kicker in round 8.

LMFAO! :first: ;)

I can understand taking a couple defenses since match-ups are so important at that position. But two kickers and two tight ends?

I meant Roddy White at 200, my bad! :D But still, this team has been kickin ass all year and is currently ranked #2 out of 14 by only 7 points! :lol:

So all you dumbasses that thought my draft sucked, you suck!

I meant Roddy White at 200, my bad! :pointstosky: But still, this team has been kickin ass all year and is currently ranked #2 out of 14 by only 7 points! :pointstosky:

So all you dumbasses that thought my draft sucked, you suck!

That doesn't change the fact that most of the bottom half of your draft really sucked (#8 down). The top half turned out quite good, good job. I'm sure you'll do even better next year.

That doesn't change the fact that most of the bottom half of your draft really sucked (#8 down). The top half turned out quite good, good job. I'm sure you'll do even better next year.

That is one of the points I was trying to make, that the bottom half (after over one hundred players are gone) is a crap shoot! That's why it is o.k. to draft kickers and defenses early, mostly kickers though. Most of the people I drafted after the 8th round are no longer even on my squad, but the people I drafted before the 8th are still on the roster and starting each week. Peace.

That is one of the points I was trying to make, that the bottom half (after over one hundred players are gone) is a crap shoot! That's why it is o.k. to draft kickers and defenses early, mostly kickers though. Most of the people I drafted after the 8th round are no longer even on my squad, but the people I drafted before the 8th are still on the roster and starting each week. Peace.

The key is to get value out of those late picks. Get a decent backup RB who may help you win some games late in the year, or a lower tier WR with upside. Or a backup QB who turns out to be a top 5 QB like Favre or Roethlisberger. These all mean so much more than drafting a kicker who more often than not, will not perform up to where they were drafted.

RBs and WRs drafted in our league after the 8th round (18 round draft), 5 of those WRs are ranked in the top 15!

9.04 White, LenDale TEN RB

10.09 Washington, Leon NYJ RB

11.06 Foster, De'shaun CAR RB

12.06 Chatman, Jesse MIA RB

13.10 Droughns, Reuben NYG RB

14.08 Thomas, Anthony BUF RB

15.07 Peterson, Adrian CHI RB

15.08 Jones, Kevin DET RB

16.09 Morris, Maurice SEA RB

9.07 Edwards, Braylon CLE WR

9.08 Galloway, Joey TBB WR

10.07 Jennings, Greg GBP WR

13.09 Welker, Wes NEP WR

14.06 Marshall, Brandon DEN WR

17.07 Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR ®

To further ram home my point, here are the kickers that were drafted. Current FF ranking in parentheses, you can see out of the 10 kickers drafted, none are in the current top 6.

rank - drafted - player

(17) 12.04 Vinatieri, Adam IND PK

(07) 14.03 Gould, Robbie CHI PK

(25) 14.07 Kaeding, Nate SDC PK

(21) 17.01 Wilkins, Jeff STL PK

(24) 17.03 Rackers, Neil ARI PK

(29) 17.05 Mare, Olindo NOS PK

(08) 17.06 Graham, Shayne CIN PK

(19) 17.10 Stover, Matt BAL PK

(18) 18.02 Longwell, Ryan MIN PK

(12) 18.09 Elam, Jason DEN PK

Point is, taking a kicker before the last two rounds is :thumbsdown:

In fact I think I just convinced myself to NEVER take a kicker before the last round. This year I took Graham in the 17th and dropped him in week 3 and I've stuck with Nick Folk since.

The key is to get value out of those late picks. Get a decent backup RB who may help you win some games late in the year, or a lower tier WR with upside. Or a backup QB who turns out to be a top 5 QB like Favre or Roethlisberger. These all mean so much more than drafting a kicker who more often than not, will not perform up to where they were drafted.

----------

OK maybe I drafted a kicker a little too early, and thought more of Jenkins than I should of, but the major point of my thread was that you can win a league (I'm in the week 17 championship with this squad and feeling good even with Manning on the bench for week 17) without having to draft like everyone else would! No one wanted Manning at #4 or Randy Moss in the 3rd round or a kicker in the 8th or two defenses. The main thing is not picking players like Alexander or LJ just because they are ranked high and to have some "cajones" when drafting!