Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

Trotter Released by Eagles

His knees must be really, really shot. Eagles don’t have any experienced MLBs and he still got the (pun intended) axe. Thanks for the memories Trott.

I don't get it.......he was playing pretty well in the preseason.

I guess they will move Spikes to the middle.

It wasn’t a cap move, so the Eagles must just think his knees are that bad that he’s washed up. I guess they’ll move Spikes to MLB, they really don’t have anyone else to play MLB.

His knees must be really, really shot. Eagles don’t have any experienced MLBs and he still got the (pun intended) axe. Thanks for the memories Trott.

i don't get it

i don't get it

That pretty much summarizes the Andy Reid - General Manager era.

i don't get it

Trotter always chops away with the axe after he makes a big play. He chopped wood as a kid.

Makes no sense to me. As a Giants fan, I'm really happy, meaning it will be easier for us v. Philly. As a football fan, this totally perplexes me. Do they really think some young unproven guy can do better than Trotter? (Spikes is moving over but that vacates a spot somewhere else) I did not see a mention of injury in that article either.

Oh Brother, watching the preseason games, I even remarked, "at least Trottier looks to be in mid season form" since Spikes looked really slow to me, and the rest of the lb corp clueless as usual.

My god, Reid and Banter are IDIOTS. Even if Trot knees are kind of bad, still keep him around for vet leadership, depth, and spot duty.

Eagles always have money uder the cap, what good has that done us EVER.

Other teams win championships, Us eagle fans get good ledgers, WHOPPEEEEE

Other teams win championships, Us eagle fans get good ledgers, WHOPPEEEEE

:P

well said :unsure:

COME OVER TO THE G-MEN TROTTER!!! With the inadequacies the Giants face in their linebacking core Trotter would be a welcomed addition, not to mention he clearly understands the rest of the divisions offenses. Only problem I see here, which could be a big one, is that Pierce isn't switching to the outside and Trotter isn't fast enough to move outside either... Still they can ruminate that all they want... AFTER THEY SIGN HIM!

IDP leaguers should pick up Omar Gaither as a late round sleeper.

Omar went off my IDP league board about 5 seconds after the announcement about Trotter came out. I think he goes to the middle and Spikes stays at the will linebacker. What effect do you think this will have on Spikes ##s??

Up, down or no change? Is Spikes a 85+ tackle and a handful of sacks guy this year?

Omar went off my IDP league board about 5 seconds after the announcement about Trotter came out. I think he goes to the middle and Spikes stays at the will linebacker. What effect do you think this will have on Spikes ##s??

Up, down or no change? Is Spikes a 85+ tackle and a handful of sacks guy this year?

Hate to see Trotter go, but as a multiple Gaither owner I feel pretty good right now.

Colt's will probably pick him up. The Simon deal was a winner for us, why not Trot.

:music_guitarred:

I can't see Spikes numbers go up that much. I'd put him in the 50 to 60 tackles with 5 sacks.

That may be giving him a little much.

I can't see Spikes numbers go up that much. I'd put him in the 50 to 60 tackles with 5 sacks.

That may be giving him a little much.

Just took Spikes in round 17 of 32. Seems about the right value if your numbers are accurate.

Doesn't come as huge surprise to me, Trotter was ordinary last season. With his bad knees his mobility is no where near what it used to be, he was a huge liability in pass coverage and was a step slow in the run D. Teams had a lot of success running to the outside last season in large part because Trott couldn't move well enough to get out there in time.

He used to be a great player but is merely average now. Obviously the Eagles think Gaither is a better option at this point in time. Reid has a good track record of letting aging players go at the right time, off the top of my head Hugh Douglas, Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor and Duce Staley all did nothing after leaving the Eagles despite a fan backlash at the time.

The departure of Trotter continues a shakeup to Philadelphia's linebacker corps. It is now likely that two-time Pro Bowl player Takeo Spikes, acquired from the Buffalo Bills in a March trade, will take over the middle linebacker spot. Spikes has primarily worked at the weakside position in training camp.

Eagles continue shakeup on defense by releasing Trotter

By Len Pasquarelli ESPN.com

It's ESPN so it is bound to be wrong. Right?

I hate to see Trotter go, but I'm excited to see what Gaither and Gocong can do. Gaither played well on the outside last season--if he keeps that up people won't be missing Trotter.

Just took Spikes in round 17 of 32. Seems about the right value if your numbers are accurate.

That's exactly where I took Trotter...a day before he was released.Spikes & Gaither were taken before it got back to me. :ninja: Oh well I still have some prospects out there.

Eagles continue shakeup on defense by releasing Trotter

By Len Pasquarelli ESPN.com

It's ESPN so it is bound to be wrong. Right?

Right, Gaither will be Trotter's replacement in the middle.