Sign in to follow this  
Brewtown

Maroney

Maroney looked good last night in his first action, but he still scares the crap out of me.

He's the hype guy like Ronnie Brown was last year being drafted in the first round.

Talk me off the ledge here, I'm looking at him at the bottom of the first round, but is that shoulder too much of a risk.

If healthy in that offense he could be gold in my PPR league.

He could be gold or he could be dog poop.

There's been a lot of discussion about this in previous posts if you want to go back a little bit and check them out. Bottom line is who knows how much of a problem that shoulder is going to be (not to mention all his other nagging injuries), especially with the Patriots ability to communicate accurately the injuries of their players.

IMO, Maroney is not in the same situation as Ronnie was last year. Ronnie had a $hit surronding cast around him. They could never keep the chains moving. Whereas, that will not be the case with Brady and Co.

I def. would take Maroney late first round. Just don't take another risk for your 2nd RB in case he disappoints.

If you ask me, Sammy Morris has better vision, better hands, and hits the hole harder. He doesn't have that burst and ability to turn the corner like Maroney, but he seems like a more complete back. One hit to Maroney's pencil legs and we'll be seeing Morris for the rest of the season.

The opportunity is there, but I'm staying away personally.

Last night I was more concerned about Maroney being able to take hits and run, not so much on performance. He just took the red shirt off and it was his first real football in a while. I was happy with what I saw. Maroney showed some pop. He's rusty though so do not read too much into performance.

As for Sammy Morris he is going to be a good compliment to Maroney. I don't foresee any RBBC, Maroney is the go to man. It is a relief that Sammy is going to be a good third down back coming off the bench. I am happy with the offense so far.

I think that we got our first glimpse of what we'll see all year. Solid ball control eating up that clock. Keeping the defense on the field to wear them down. Stallworth and Moss won't be needed to win games, they will be dangerous receivers just waiting to exploit an opening.

If all this holds true, it will be a great year.

If you ask me, Sammy Morris has better vision, better hands, and hits the hole harder. He doesn't have that burst and ability to turn the corner like Maroney, but he seems like a more complete back. One hit to Maroney's pencil legs and we'll be seeing Morris for the rest of the season.

The opportunity is there, but I'm staying away personally.

Pencil legs? Are you sure you're not thinking of Jerious Norwood? Maroney is listed at 5'11" and 220 pounds. I don't think he has pencil legs.

Also, if 30 year old Sammy Morris at 6 foot 220 pounds is so good, why hasn't he ever landed a starting job?

:cheers: