Sign in to follow this  
Dragan187

Driver Update

Should Driver owners be picking up James Jones in redraft leagues....

Or is Jones worthless fodder?

Should Driver owners be picking up James Jones in redraft leagues....

Or is Jones worthless fodder?

Lots of talk about Jones...

Last season it was Jennings...

With Mark Clayton on IR I waievered Jones in a heart beat, kid is gonna be a stud! No question when he's on the field he is making plays, he is now officially the their #3 reciever fighting for the #2 spot and 100% a solid handcuff for driver if he has health issues.

With Mark Clayton on IR I waievered Jones in a heart beat, kid is gonna be a stud! No question when he's on the field he is making plays, he is now officially the their #3 reciever fighting for the #2 spot and 100% a solid handcuff for driver if he has health issues.

help! help!! help!!! when did mark clayton go on injured reserve?

I don't know about Clayton but James Jones was the talk of Pakers camps all offseason and looked very good in preseason too. Driver's injury may not be too serious but regardless, word out of Packer land if that James Jones has been pushing Jennings (who didn't have a good offseason) for the WR2 spot.

James Jones may not have Jennings' speed but he's a tough player with good hands and may be a better compliment to the speedy driver anyay - a chain mover.

At least I hope so since I reached for him early in my draft thanks to CBS putting him on the home page of the website with a giant upwards pointing green arrow next to his name the very day of our draft.

I wanted the possible "this year's Colston" so I paid a premium to get him.

help! help!! help!!! when did mark clayton go on injured reserve?

I apologize for making that unclear... I temporarily put him on IR on my team in order to make room to pick up James. By no way is Clayton on IR for the season. Sorry for the ambiguity and freaking some of you out with that.

I can't believe how Jennings has fallen off the map this year. The guy was pretty much a big play every week before he got injured.

I apologize for making that unclear... I temporarily put him on IR on my team in order to make room to pick up James. By no way is Clayton on IR for the season. Sorry for the ambiguity and freaking some of you out with that.

lol. Yeah, you had me performing a panicked search of ESPN, NFL.com, etc. once I read this!

I can't believe how Jennings has fallen off the map this year. The guy was pretty much a big play every week before he got injured.

Agreed. I'll be curious to see how things shake out -- Whether James Jones eats in to Jennings' production or if it's just another case of preseason hyperbole... All of the Jones talk sounds like the kid has the potential so it'll be interesting.

Agreed. I'll be curious to see how things shake out -- Whether James Jones eats in to Jennings' production or if it's just another case of preseason hyperbole... All of the Jones talk sounds like the kid has the potential so it'll be interesting.

Yeah, I'm curious, too. Unfortunately I'll never get a good price on him here in Packer country. My dad drafted him in the 8th round of our 10 team league. Expecting something similar in my draft on Saturday. No way I'm drafting him that early.

The whole thread is on Jones? Are people assumig Drivers "update" is tyhat he's not doing well?

They interviewed him on the sideline in last night's game. He was still wearing the boot, but said he'd be ready to go for sure in Week 1. Doesn't look or sound like he's 100%, though.

The whole thread is on Jones? Are people assumig Drivers "update" is tyhat he's not doing well?

That's my question. This was a Driver update thread...anyone have any news on Driver? I draft in 6 hours and think Driver might be the best available WR when I pick. The best update I found was from Aug. 25:

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Packers believe Driver will be ready for the season opener despite suffering a sprained right foot.

"That's what we think will probably happen," general manager Ted Thompson told the paper. "You never know, but we feel pretty good right now. We're lucky."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4863/news

Anyone find anything else?

Anyone find anything else?

CBS Sportsline article from last Friday said that they would update the situation with Driver today. Keep checking...

If I had a draft coming up I'd let him sit out there an additional round or two past his pre-injury ADP. I had him in one league before the injury and tried to pass on him in a draft last night but everybody else picked other WRs so I ended up taking him a round later.

I think he'll be fine by Week 2 if not Week 1.

Watching the 3rd Quarter of the Packer's pre-season game last night, Jessie Garcia did a live interview with DD (1st interview from Driver since the injury) and talked about the foot. He's still in a boot, but he was very calm and confident that he'd be starting Week 1 of the regular season. In fact he either said "They don't have to worry about anything. I've always told them, 'Don't worry about me because I'll be out there.' They don't have to worry." (Link to blog that quotes the TV interview: Driver Quotes). There was no questions in his mind he'd be starting and playing. He indicated the boot was precautionary and should be off this week. Again, take it with a grain if you want to, but that also jibes with what the local media here is reporting the last week.

As for Jones, he's quitting on routes and isn't super-accurate on the ones he's running, and Favre's pissed about it...but he's looked really good catching the ball, and has made tough catches including a few away from his body. He's very big, pretty fast, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders...he just needs to focus on the mental preparation part of the game. I looked to pick him up in my league and stash him on the end of the bench, just in case, but someone beat me too it! :bandana:

Looking at Jennings...he's looked great in camp and preseason, caught one of the best seam-routes I've ever seen last night from Favre. The reason his catches are a bit down in preseason this year is a.) Jones has been getting more attention as they try and see what they have and get Favre used to him; and b.) Bubba Franks has gotten a lot of attention over the middle instead of Jennings. I expect that he'll be a solid #2-#3 WR in FF this year, depending on the success of this suspect offense, and if Driver is hurt in the regular season he could put up some big numbers.

Either way, this is a WR corps that will get lots and lots of looks from a QB that can deliver the ball...the running game will be next to useless...and if it all breaks right there could be huge FF numbers, if not...Driver and Jennings should still be decent.