Sign in to follow this  
tommy8370

Jay Cutler as my number 1....please, tell me its going to be OK?

i had jay as my number one in a very similar situation.

i got too scared and traded for manning, peyton.

ward, fred taylor, isac bruce, mushin muhammad, and justin miller

i think that it was worth it and suggest you do the same

I didn't jump early for a QB and took Cutler as my #1 guy. I am not worried a bit as I was able to collect great skills guys to with him. Cutler was a beast as the season ended last season and he has some nice weaponry this year.

Don't worry about Jay. As long as you're looking solid with RBs and WRs then Jay will hold his own for you. Don't worry about what Palmer and Manning owners think. <_<

I'm in the same boat, took jay as the 12th QB off the board. After the top 5, I didn't see a big difference with him and the other guys. I surrounded him with solid players at every position. He should have a nice year.

No worries

Cutler will face 6 out of 16 games -vs- really good defenses. Chargers & Raiders twice, Steelers and Bears.

He should be a good start in the other 10 games, and a decent start at home -vs- chargers & raiders. That leaves 4 games to worry about. The only reason to worry is that he's still inexperienced, so he will undoubtedly struggle at times.

Cutler will probably rush for a handful of TD's cause he's not afraid to run and get tough yards.

He should be a decent #1QB, but nothing stellar. If you got a stud WR and "settled" for Cutler being your #1 because of it, then you probably did good.

Cutler will face 6 out of 16 games -vs- really good defenses. Chargers & Raiders twice, Steelers and Bears.

He should be a good start in the other 10 games, and a decent start at home -vs- chargers & raiders. That leaves 4 games to worry about. The only reason to worry is that he's still inexperienced, so he will undoubtedly struggle at times.

Cutler will probably rush for a handful of TD's cause he's not afraid to run and get tough yards.

He should be a decent #1QB, but nothing stellar. If you got a stud WR and "settled" for Cutler being your #1 because of it, then you probably did good.

Im looking good elsewhere. 12 man draft

RB's: Frank Gore, Edge, Duece Mcallister, A. Peterson (Minn)

WR's: TO, Reggie Brown, L. Coles, M. Clayton

Im going to ride it out and hope for the best. I have Big Ben and J. Campbell on the bench.

Hard to believe Cutler was the best QB1 on the board for you. I think he's got potential to be a great NFL quarterback and is certainly in a good situation in Denver (solid running game, WR's, coaching, defense, etc.) I like the Broncos to be the in the playoff picture as usual, but I would not be comfortable at all with Cutler as my QB1....not yet anyway. I'm sure he'll have his moments, but expect some real stinkers too.

Hard to believe Cutler was the best QB1 on the board for you. I think he's got potential to be a great NFL quarterback and is certainly in a good situation in Denver (solid running game, WR's, coaching, defense, etc.) I like the Broncos to be the in the playoff picture as usual, but I would not be comfortable at all with Cutler as my QB1....not yet anyway. I'm sure he'll have his moments, but expect some real stinkers too.

I draft with a bunch of followers. 5 QB's went in the second round. Thats how I got Edge and TO (I drafted from the 2 spot in a keeper league). It was the likes of Losman, Green, Culpepper by the time it I decided to take a QB. Im thinking of packaging Cutler with A. Peterson and see what shakes out.

I think you should sit tight with Cutler, especially in a keeper. i would hold onto AD...

Unless you are getting Manning, Palmer, Bulger, Brees, Brady...it's a toss-up. The best QB's are pretty tightly grouped.

McNabb - could be elite again by season's end

Kitna - too many int's

Romo - very loose with the ball

Rivers - breakout again

Cutler - breakout

Hass - returning from injury

Then

Young - can he find open WR's

Leinart - system in 2007?

Losman - has a tough schedule, or he could be up there.

I waited on a QB also, and took Cutler as my no. 1. In the only games he started last year, he averaged over 17 pts a game in my league. Can he average that over a season? I don't know. I do know that only 5 QBs in my league averaged over 17 pts a game.

12 teamer

Cutler

LT

Duece

A Johnson

C Johnson/Stallworth/D Henderson

Gates

Akers

Carolina D

I am feeling pretty comfortable with those starters

I draft with a bunch of followers. 5 QB's went in the second round. Thats how I got Edge and TO (I drafted from the 2 spot in a keeper league). It was the likes of Losman, Green, Culpepper by the time it I decided to take a QB. Im thinking of packaging Cutler with A. Peterson and see what shakes out.

Wow...still looks strange to see Culpepper lumped in with Losman, etc. How the mighty have fallen.

I have him as my #2 behiun Hasselbeck. i am hoping he becomes a better option than Hass so I can use one as trade bait.

i have Hass and Cutler too, but Im hoping it turns out that Cutler starts out hot, and Hass does as well. If that's the case, I'll trade Cutler High. don't get me wrong, i like the kid; but the denver offense is really complex and its a lot to ask a #2 year QB to thrive. If Hass, however, shows the injury is no concern, and more importantly if D. Branch and co. show they're on the same page with their QB now, then I think Hass's experience will bring more consistency. If Hass can return to form, then 23 - 25 TDs is what im hoping for. Cutler on the low end could throw 18, and maybe 22 on the high.

yea, im gonna keep an eye on Schaub too, and will definitely try to get him as a backup if i can deal cutler. check out the article on the home page:

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/waldman/07...all_gc_team.htm

they compare Schaub to Rattay a couple years back; i remember that because Rattay was my backup and i used him a couple times; his numbers were always decent because they were always coming from behind and he would get good garbage time numbers.

One more TD pass would have been nice but how the heck can one not like 300+ yards in the air? And for a road opener I have to give Jay an A-.

To anyone watching, did he come close to getting a second TD pass?

One more TD pass would have been nice but how the heck can one not like 300+ yards in the air? And for a road opener I have to give Jay an A-.

To anyone watching, did he come close to getting a second TD pass?

no. the Broncos didn't really crach the 5 yard line. Lot's of dropped passes by Javon Walker (even though he finished with 116yards).

Cutler played great, and really only had 2 bad plays. 1 was an extremely low snap that he picked up off the ground and got rushed hard and threw the pick. THe other was when he was surrounded and threw a backwards pass to the RB, but the RB was about 10 yards away from where the ball landed. Besides those 2, he looked really good. almost had Walker very deep, but just underthrew him.

He's looking like he could be a very decent #1QB

Thanks for that review, Pete. I went late on QB and decided to just go with drafting Jay. He's my only guy. :pointstosky:

I am a Broncos fan in Upstate NY and watched the game today. Cutler, without question, is the real deal. However, there were several instances where he was under pressure that he should've just taken a sack or throw the ball away but kept running around or tried to force a pass. He does worry me at times. I wouldn't want him as my #1 yet, but I think that you made the correct in draft decision to avoid following the trend and prospering with several skill players. I would be ok with playing QB matchups each week or hoping one of them becomes a legit #1.

I've got him as my backup and I think he'll be fine. I think he is looking good, still making some rookie mistakes, but thats to be expected. I think he'll be a good QB and be a decent fantasy option this year.