Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Do we want to be able to trade draft picks?

:angry:

I would be in favor...

get a crappy roll did ya?

the only one i got to worry about is ozzie :angry:

How will do my roll?

speak english much? :D

just do yours the same as everyone else, as the results will come to me :angry:

I think we should be able to trade picks. My 13th rounder is available, BTW. I'm willing to deal it if I can move up 4 or 5 rounds. :(

Do we have to trade picks for picks or can we just get an exclusive player with the owner we are trading with?

I'm looking to give up my first rounder in exchange for a 1 or solid 2 RB that's already on some team.

I know there are teams that could really use my spot. :ph34r:

Do we have to trade picks for picks or can we just get an exclusive player with the owner we are trading with?

I'm looking to give up my first rounder in exchange for a 1 or solid 2 RB that's already on some team.

i would be cool with that. :thumbsup:

i would be cool with that. :thumbsup:

You got an e-mail Ozzie.

I assume we can trade for picks or players, so long as the players you get have been on either of your NFL teams.

I assume we can trade for picks or players, so long as the players you get have been on either of your NFL teams.

AW,

after the draft the trades are open to anyone from any team. This is the way we did it in baseball. If you wanted to trade Tim Brown because you didn't get any help with RB through the draft - you could trade him to me for Eddie George for instance (not that you would :thumbsup: ). That way you wouldn't be screwed at a certain position. This should become known as the edjr clause since he didn't have basically any position players after the draft that were starters. :thumbsdown:

AW,

after the draft the trades are open to anyone from any team. This is the way we did it in baseball. If you wanted to trade Tim Brown because you didn't get any help with RB through the draft - you could trade him to me for Eddie George for instance (not that you would :thumbsdown: ). That way you wouldn't be screwed at a certain position. This should become known as the edjr clause since he didn't have basically any position players after the draft that were starters. :thumbsdown:

:thumbsup:

I agree, we should be able to trade draft picks and exclusives only. Autumn Wind, you couldnt trade Warren Sapp cause the Bucs could gte him. But if you wanted, you could go ahead and trade Hambrick cause no other owner can snag him.

And I could trade Tony Gonzalez right now if anyone wanted the best TE in the league :thumbsdown:

So you can only trade players that have only played for one team??

no, the difference is that no one else in the league can draft Troy Hambrick. he played for the Cowboys and raiders, so you are the onle one with rights to him.

Once the dice rolls are completed, I will make a draft thread for every round. Once that happens, I will ask everyone to give me their exclusives. These are guys like (for me) Joe Horn, Donte Stallworth, Tony Gonzalez, Scott Fujita, Duece McAllister, etc. Guys that only I will be able to draft.

So instead of wasting an early pick on these guys, I am going to go ahead and fill up my last draft picks working my way to the front. Tony will be in the last round, Horn in the next to last, working my way back until I am done.

This is what exclusives are, guys that only you are able to draft.

This makes the draft a lot shorter, as you may be done drafting by round 10 or 11.

And that's what I'm saying, since we already know you are going to own those guys, you might as well be able to trade them.

I think we may need to say you must have declared those players exclusives first, then they are fair game for trade bait.

I also think once you draft somebody, 1st rd, 2nd, etc, you should also be able to trade them throughout the later rounds of the dsraft as well. :thumbsup:

I think we may need to say you must have declared those players exclusives first, then they are fair game for trade bait.

I also think once you draft somebody, 1st rd, 2nd, etc, you should also be able to trade them throughout the later rounds of the dsraft as well. :thumbsup:

Good calls on these points :thumbsdown:

Well I guess my question is that if you can trade your "exclusive" players to other teams, what's the purpose of having a Homer league anyway? At the end of the year my roster could be filled with players who never played for Dallas or Oakland.

Well I guess my question is that if you can trade your "exclusive" players to other teams, what's the purpose of having a Homer league anyway? At the end of the year my roster could be filled with players who never played for Dallas or Oakland.

yeah, but thats how you fill holes on your team. And if you ever drop a player you picked up in a trade, you cant go back and pick that player up later.

It's worked very nicely in the baseball league. the Royals had jeter at one point :D

So you can't acquire a free agent if he doesn't meet the Homer specifications?

correct

So you can't acquire a free agent if he doesn't meet the Homer specifications?

correct

:D

my team in the baseball league is chock full of players that never played for my team.