Sign in to follow this  
The Dol-Fans

Seeking Fantasy Football Geniuses...

I know that the Ravens are a stud and Lee Evans is my best receiver, but I have been thinking.

What are your thoughts on starting Denver's Defense over Baltimore and Mark Clayton over Lee Evans?

The main reasone is that Denver has the better match up and I do not want to start a WR against my own starting Defense.

Thoughts???

Leave a link.

First of all - don't pull Evans for Clayton. When the Ravens shut down the run this week, you'll see why. Evans should get plenty of looks from Losman, who some believe finally "gets it" in Buffalo. I'm not sold on Losman yet - but he's definitely going to target Evans A LOT in this game. Clayton's sore ankle should sell you even more on this. As far as the D goes - I think you might have a good idea to start Denver. Frankly, after the Bears...all of the other top D/ST's will be week-to-week toss ups, pick-you-match-up starts. Denver is a great start most weeks...why see what they can do this week? If you need more of a sell...I doubt Palmer will take many (if any) sacks this week. He will smartly throw the ball away if pressured.

Mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...w_post&f=13

First of all - don't pull Evans for Clayton. When the Ravens shut down the run this week, you'll see why. Evans should get plenty of looks from Losman, who some believe finally "gets it" in Buffalo. I'm not sold on Losman yet - but he's definitely going to target Evans A LOT in this game. Clayton's sore ankle should sell you even more on this. As far as the D goes - I think you might have a good idea to start Denver. Frankly, after the Bears...all of the other top D/ST's will be week-to-week toss ups, pick-you-match-up starts. Denver is a great start most weeks...why see what they can do this week? If you need more of a sell...I doubt Palmer will take many (if any) sacks this week. He will smartly throw the ball away if pressured.

No post bro....

How am I going to root for Evans when he will be making plays against my defense?

Hi,

thanks for answering mine.

I would stick with Evans and Baltimore actually. Even though they are facing each other Evans is going to be the main target. I wouldn't think that they will score that many points against Baltimore but if they do, Evans might be the one to get it. Buffalo could still lose 20-14 with Evans having 90 yds and a TD. It would be best of both worlds for you.

Toady

Ha, that's funny, I'm kinda in the same sitatution. I have the Denver defense and Lee Evans.... :P

I just picked up Denver this week. They should be freaking beasts against Buffalo. They are going to shut down that whole offense, so I don't want any part in that Buffalo offense.

And Mark Clayton ain't to shabby man. I like him ALOT this week at Cinci. Assuming he plays, he should do great. The Bengals porous secondary isn't worth a darn and I'd expect McNair and Clayton to hook up for at lest two 25+ yards receptions, one of which will probably be a TD. Play Clayton with confidence!

Best of luck! :shocking:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=285185

I agree. You start BAL and Evans. Even if Evans has 8 rec,110 yds and 1TD. Your D/ST will still get turnovers, sacks, keep the points low and totally stop the run. If you just cant do it then sit Evans but you have to start BAL against BUF period.

Thanks for seeing mine.

I agree. You start BAL and Evans. Even if Evans has 8 rec,110 yds and 1TD. Your D/ST will still get turnovers, sacks, keep the points low and totally stop the run. If you just cant do it then sit Evans but you have to start BAL against BUF period.

Thanks for seeing mine.

Lee Evans plays Denver not Baltimore...I like Denver's match up more but i hate to pull Evans.

I'd go with Denver D and Evans, yeah it's hard to route against/for one or the other, but you could be 1/2 right or maybe EVans will get alot of yards and no scores with buffalo turning it over after a long gain by Evans. I'd normally say stick with Baltimore, but Cincy puts up alot of points........

thanks for answering 1/2 of mine

I know that the Ravens are a stud and Lee Evans is my best receiver, but I have been thinking.

What are your thoughts on starting Denver's Defense over Baltimore and Mark Clayton over Lee Evans?

The main reasone is that Denver has the better match up and I do not want to start a WR against my own starting Defense.

Thoughts???

Leave a link.

There is one more spin to this to take into consideration. I have Brees who killed me last night and my opponent has Addai who was very solid. His starting QB is Carson Palmer.

I am already behind the eight ball here so here is my other thought.

If the Ravens pull out an awesome game, that should help me while also hurting Palmer....this maybe my only hope of pulling this game out.

It's a chance but my only chance...thoughts?

Lee Evans plays Denver not Baltimore...I like Denver's match up more but i hate to pull Evans.

Yea I noticed after posting that Buffalo plays Denver. My bad. But I still like Balt and Evans.

Toady

Dude. Look.

Evans is going to be great this season. Don't get me wrong on that. Heck, I drafted him as well....

HOWEVER, this is not the case for week one. Evans is paired up with Dre Bly, who is a WR shut-down beast. And with Champ Bailey also there to help out, that's any WR's worst nightmare. On top of that, the Denver defense is going to applying a ton of pressure on Losman and his group of pathetic linesmen. Historically, Losman has been abysmal against Denver, and that's even worse news for Evans and crew. Furthermore, the Bills are going to be relying on a ROOKIE runningback, Marhawn Lynch, who did absolutely pathetic in the preseason (averaging 1.7 ypc!!!) to be running the ball. How the hell are the Bills even going to move down the football field? Don't start Evans this week!!!

Now, apply that knowledge to your defense selection! ^ ^ ^ ^

As I like to say, CFBM. (Certified Freakin'/Fantasy Beast Material)

Dude. Look.

Evans is going to be great this season. Don't get me wrong on that. Heck, I drafted him as well....

HOWEVER, this is not the case for week one. Evans is paired up with Dre Bly, who is a WR shut-down beast. And with Champ Bailey also there to help out, that's any WR's worst nightmare. On top of that, the Denver defense is going to applying a ton of pressure on Losman and his group of pathetic linesmen. Historically, Losman has been abysmal against Denver, and that's even worse news for Evans and crew. Furthermore, the Bills are going to be relying on a ROOKIE runningback, Marhawn Lynch, who did absolutely pathetic in the preseason (averaging 1.7 ypc!!!) to be running the ball. How the hell are the Bills even going to move down the football field? Don't start Evans this week!!!

Now, apply that knowledge to your defense selection! ^ ^ ^ ^

As I like to say, CFBM. (Certified Freakin'/Fantasy Beast Material)

I like what you're saying....If I do that, should I then start Clayton, Porter, Stallowrth or Brandon Marshall?

Keep Evans in your lineup and keep Baltimore as well. Although I think Cincy will put up some points agianst Baltimore this weekend, I don't like Denver's D at all, and think they will get punked worse than the Ratbirds. Go with your studs on this one.

Thanks for answering mine!

I like what you're saying....If I do that, should I then start Clayton, Porter, Stallowrth or Brandon Marshall?

Wow, that's a tough one to call. I'd take Mark Clayton, though . He's got a good matchup against a porous Cinci secondary, and is only vying for looks from McNair with the aging Derrick Mason.

Now, while we are on the subject Stallworth and Porter, later down the line, both of them might be some pretty nice #2 WR's behind your Lee Evans. It's tough to call any NE WR with Brady at QB, but Stallwoth might be a valuable part of thier offense this year, assuming his pesky hamstring injury stays at bay. And now with Art Shell gone, Porter may again get his job back as Oakland's top WR. (2004: 998 yds, 9TD) (2005: 942 yds, 5 TD)

Might not be what you are looking for, but still nice to consider....

Best of luck! :shocking:

Thoughts???

Leave a link.

I think you go with Denvers D and Clayton, dont let the injury fool you....

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=285220