Sign in to follow this  
ajmplaya69

Caddilac

I'm considering trading Marion Barber in a PPR league for Caddy now. I have Alexander and Edge as my starting 2 RB's but since they both have the same bye weeks (8) as Barber, I feel I should unload Barber for an equal back.

Caddy started off the game pretty strong (12 carries for 60 yards) and has a pretty soft schedule to run against.

What do you guys think?

What I like about Caddy: he does have a relatively good schedule and he is the main ball carrier on his team

What I dislike: he can't seem to fend off injury, plays for a lackluster offense, and generally has underwhelmed ever since his rookie debut

I was hoping for a big year from him, but seeing him get hurt in Week 1 just brings back all the doubts I used to have.

Rib injuries can't be too bad??

Not this one he has, evidently. They're just "bruised" ribs and he's currently listed as day-to-day. I'm not certain I'd give up Barber for him, just because Marion looked very good against the Giants and remains healthy, but going after Cadillac is certainly a fine idea because he should bounce back this season. He was looking great before leaving the Seattle game, running hard and dragging defenders with him.

I hope the Tampa Bay O is 15 td's better for Caddy - that's how many more Td's MBIII had than him last year.

It doesn't matter about the schedule, TB sucks and Caddy will be a dog all year. It will take them 5 games to score what Dallas put up last week.

Buy low what about McGahee and Willie Parker for Cadillac and Adrian Peterson and a first round rookie draft pick , dynasty league.

Of course short term i am probably losing a bit but long term i think its a good one .

Now is a good time to buy low on Caddy. MBIII is not buying low IMO. I wouldn't do that, probably wouldn't even think of it.

I offered Stallworthless and caddy for edge. Hopefully he takes it because i don't have faith in either stallworth or caddy, edge seems like he's running good.

Good trade offer?

You should be able to get more for MBIII even in a ppr league than Caddilac. Pittman may steal some goal lines as well. It's not that Caddy is so much further down the food RB food chain, but he does seem prone to injury and I always like a guy better in a high scoring offense.

Sometimes you have to just suck it up and be lousy for a tough bye week. I wouldn't trade a better scorer just to balance a roster for one week. Just my $0.02.

Cadillac is a busted up ride.....He should be sitting on the lot at DriveTime. waiting for someone with bad credit to apply for a 20% interest loan to purhcase him.

:music_guitarred:

I'm considering trading Marion Barber in a PPR league for Caddy now.

Thats not buying low, you are trading a 4-6 round draft pick for a 4-6 round draft pick.

Am I missing something? Caddy was dropped to WW this week, and I'm thinking I'll drop my handcuff(Leonard) for him...

Well yeah, he's certainly worth a roster spot as compared to retreads and fliers.. i'm suprised any league without the tightest roster requirements would have him avail. He is a big question mark, he may have issues with his ribs already and like i said earlier, Gruden may use Pittman more on short yardage and goal lines.. but he is a starting RB.. Insane that someone would dump him onto waivers already.

Thats not buying low, you are trading a 4-6 round draft pick for a 4-6 round draft pick.

Well Caddy was drafted in Round 5 in our league while Marion was taken by yours truly in round 8, hence the buy low theory.

I'm not sure what kind of league would have caddy on waivers. Two years ago, he was rookie of the year with 1100 yards and 6 TD's.

Also, to just suck it up and lose one week (with Shaun and Edge and Marion on Week 8 byes), is a pretty controversial debate in itself.

I'd take MBIII any day over Caddy. I'm staying away from Caddy this season. Glad I did not even draft him. In fact I'm trying to trade FOR MBIII.

I'd take MBIII any day over Caddy. I'm staying away from Caddy this season. Glad I did not even draft him. In fact I'm trying to trade FOR MBIII.

It looks like Caddilac's injury is not very serious. Their line is vastly improved from last season and with Garcia at the helm, I think Caddy should get more love. He is thy starting RB of his team unlike Barber. While I agree Barber is more talented, the Week 8 bye issue is one that peeps are forgetting in this situation.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2007/09/cadillac-says-h.html

""It was a tough blow,'' Williams said. ""Initially, my thought laying on the ground was, "Oh, man, I've broken my ribs. Once we got x-rays and they said everything looked good, I was just relieved to hear that.''

Williams said he had difficulty breathing and sleeping Sunday and Monday and struggled to get out of bed. But after receiving treatment, some of that pain has subsided.

""Monday morning, it was like I could barely breath or cough or make a certain movement,'' Williams said. ""So today is Wednesday and I can cough without things hurting. Today is Wednesday and we play on Sunday, so that's a positive to me.''

I think Tampa's soft schedule and addition of Garcia (not that he's the next Johnny U.), make Caddy an interesting #3/4 RB to have. It's only Week 2.. we dunno much right now.

Agree that taking a near automatic L due to bye week stuff is tricky. I would just never dump players I love for a bye week problem. I happen to LOVE MBIII.. All the guy seems to do is score tds.

I'm considering trading Marion Barber in a PPR league for Caddy now. I have Alexander and Edge as my starting 2 RB's but since they both have the same bye weeks (8) as Barber, I feel I should unload Barber for an equal back.

Caddy started off the game pretty strong (12 carries for 60 yards) and has a pretty soft schedule to run against.

What do you guys think?

I don't see how trading a RB that was drafted ahead of him in almost every league is "buying low"?

I offered Stallworthless and caddy for edge. Hopefully he takes it because i don't have faith in either stallworth or caddy, edge seems like he's running good.

Then why did you draft them?

I don't see how trading a RB that was drafted ahead of him in almost every league is "buying low"?

Say what?

As far as I can tell, Caddy was a consensus late fourth round pick, while Barber was generally going a round or so later.

Say what?

As far as I can tell, Caddy was a consensus late fourth round pick, while Barber was generally going a round or so later.

Exactly I drafted Barber early 8th round while the guy in our league had Caddy early 5th. Hence, the buy low.

I know Barber scores TD's which is nice but the week I feel I will need him is during my starting two RBs (edge and shauns) bye weeks (8).

Caddy solves that while Barber doesn't.

Bruised ribs suck, I bruised the sheit out of mine 2 weeks ago on my m-x bike. I went to the doc and they didn't even bother with xrays. If they're broke you can't do sheit for them and just wait til they heal up. This is some of the worst frigin pain I've ever had. I feel like Brett Favre with all the vicodins I've been eating. His injury must have been minor if he's going to be playing soon afterwards.