Sign in to follow this  
TimDwight06

Can Delhomme keep it up?

I can't figure out how I feel about Jake right now. I know it's never bad to have your QB throwing to Stevie but is now the best time to sell high or do you think he can actually sustain and be a top 10 QB when it's all said and done?

I think it's the perfect time to sell Delhomme high.

I wish I had him, but I dont in any of my 3 leagues.

If SS gets that hurt hammy ( as he has in previous years been susceptible to), Delhomme will be near worthless because Carolina cant run at all.

Still, I cant believe that these defensive coordinators arent double-teaming SS all damn game long, as he's the only weapon that Carolina has.

On the flipside, Carolina does have a cake schedule, so he could keep it up.

There isn't anyway he is keeping up with throwing 3 touchdowns a game, against Houston one of the TD's was stupid lucky because of Steve Smith's ability to break through like 4 tackles half way on the ground and get up to walk into the end zone.

You have definitely seen the best of Delhomme, I mean the guy can't get any better. There is no way that offense produces anything more than 250-300 yards passing, they don't have enough legitimate weapons to do anything more.

He can only regress from here, is he solid for maybe 200-250 yards 1-2 TD 1 INT a week on average from now on? Probably. But not 250-300 and 3 TD with no INT? (Blasphemy, Delhomme and INT go hand in hand)

as an admitted homer, i say keep him...

1. SSmith is the most dominant WR in the game, period. The aforementioned reference to the play where he broke 5 tackles is just the star highlight on a long list of highlights that prove it. No way CJ even comes close to pulling that off... Therefore, Jake will always have a legitimate chance to throw at least 1 TD every game.

2. CAR doesn't run alot in the redzone. History shows what their current RBs have as far as TD production.

3. Davidson's offense is still new and fresh, and expanding every week. He's using more screens and dump-passes to the RBs (look for more of these in the upcoming weeks), and he's utilizing the TE as an actual rec'ing position instead of just a blocker. This combination will lead to alot of easier completions, and help rack up yds by simple 3-8 yard dink passes...

4. CAR's 2nd round rookie WR Dwayne Jarrett hasn't even been healthy enough to suit up yet. I'm holding off my judgement on this kid until further notice, but if he can come in and start performing well, that's a big-bodied target that can help add to those short-yardage situations, and take pressure off of SSmith to perform constantly

5. (And this is a BIG IF) Carter and Colbert can actually catch the ball on a routine basis, they can add to the offense...

6. Jake is getting great protection right now, and the starting RG Jeremy Bridges is done his 2 game suspension, so the OL should just get better... Jake has had his biggest problems when he's been under pressure in the pocket - there's not that pressure right now, and he's getting alot of time to throw. So the whole turnover factor isn't as high w/ him this year....

and finally, the last reason you probably shouldn't trade him is that you most likely won't get much value for him because not many people see him as starter quality right now, so they would probably only offer you backup quality players in exchange. If he has 2-3 more strong weeks, THEN you can make a decision to start him yourself, or trade him away.

I picked him up last week on WW just because Ben R. bye week/rough opponents weeks match up great with Jake's but now I'm wondering who to use as primary. If you did want to sell now who would you go after? Brees owner in my league won't bite on it (and personally I think that team is lost) and I can't think of a QB with a rough/mediocre start that has a promising future. So I'd sit on Jake and pick and choose the weeks to start him.

You have definitely seen the best of Delhomme, I mean the guy can't get any better. There is no way that offense produces anything more than 250-300 yards passing, they don't have enough legitimate weapons to do anything more.

He can only regress from here, is he solid for maybe 200-250 yards 1-2 TD 1 INT a week on average from now on? Probably. But not 250-300 and 3 TD with no INT? (Blasphemy, Delhomme and INT go hand in hand)

:sleep:

Ummm... if my FF QB was "only good for" 250-300 yards per game and 1-2 TDs "the rest of the way" - He'd be starting every single week.

Thanks for using the wrong argument to prove your point, genius. :thumbsdown:

What a complete doucheass.

I think this is a good time to unload Delhomme.

I have Delhomme as a backup behind Brady. There is a guy in my league that ended up with A. Smith and P. Rivers, since he spent high picks on Harrison, Owens, and R. Moss.

I'm thinking about coming up with a package to upgrade my #2 WR spot involving a trade for one of his WRs, taking advantage of Delhomme's current ranking.

Something like:

Delhomme

S. Moss

FOR

A. Smith

Harrison

I think this is a good time to unload Delhomme.

I have Delhomme as a backup behind Brady. There is a guy in my league that ended up with A. Smith and P. Rivers, since he spent high picks on Harrison, Owens, and R. Moss.

I'm thinking about coming up with a package to upgrade my #2 WR spot involving a trade for one of his WRs, taking advantage of Delhomme's current ranking.

Something like:

Delhomme

S. Moss

FOR

A. Smith

Harrison

good luck w/ that offer, but i don't see it happening...

I have Delhomme and no one is interested. <_<

I haven't even been offered or made an offer. I'm the commish of the league, so I have never or will never rip anyone off. It's a 14 team league, at least 6 teams could use him. :dunno:

Ummm... if my FF QB was "only good for" 250-300 yards per game and 1-2 TDs "the rest of the way" - He'd be starting every single week.

Thanks for using the wrong argument to prove your point, genius.

What a complete doucheass.

Wow, nice reading comprehension there buddy.

I stated hypothetically that the absolutle CEILING for that offense is 250-300 yard passing, how often is Delhomme going to hit that ceiling this season? Not often, if you actually can comprehend what I wrote after that would you start him every week over a proven starter given the stats that I said he would have? Probably not, this guy has had the same weapons for the last 3 years. Nothing is changed he is simply hot with Steve Smith right now (Who seems to be unconverable, playing games with CB like tipping the ball to himself? <_< ) and that O-Line is giving him protection. But if you think that every week that his stats so far are going to consistently be at that level you are sadly mistaken.

Next time maybe you should read the whole post instead of taking out a portion of it and making it your whole arguement.

I have Delhomme and no one is interested. <_<

I haven't even been offered or made an offer. I'm the commish of the league, so I have never or will never rip anyone off. It's a 14 team league, at least 6 teams could use him. :dunno:

I had Delhomme in 2 leagues last year and he was worth crap...didn't even consider him this year based on last year's performance....go figure :dunno:

Wow, nice reading comprehension there buddy.

I stated hypothetically that the absolutle CEILING for that offense is 250-300 yard passing, how often is Delhomme going to hit that ceiling this season? Not often, if you actually can comprehend what I wrote after that would you start him every week over a proven starter given the stats that I said he would have? Probably not, this guy has had the same weapons for the last 3 years. Nothing is changed he is simply hot with Steve Smith right now (Who seems to be unconverable, playing games with CB like tipping the ball to himself? :shocking: ) and that O-Line is giving him protection. But if you think that every week that his stats so far are going to consistently be at that level you are sadly mistaken.

Next time maybe you should read the whole post instead of taking out a portion of it and making it your whole arguement.

Hey, genius... if he simply averaged 200 yards per game and "1 or 2" TDs per game, he's looking at 3,000+ yards season and mid to late 20 TDs.

I don't know what NFL quarterbacks you have in your fantasy leagues, but those are some pretty damned nice numbers out of a starting QB on any fantasy roster.

Maybe if you read and comprehend your OWN post, you would realize how moronic your text really is.

Thanks for playing. ;)

Should I drop Cutler to pick up Delhomme? My other qb is Ben.

I would consider it. Despite being 2-0, their offense has proven extremely erratic without a whole lot positive to look forward to aside from Henry. Cutler will face far tougher defenses the rest of the season than will Delhomme.

Hey, genius... if he simply averaged 200 yards per game and "1 or 2" TDs per game, he's looking at 3,000+ yards season and mid to late 20 TDs.

I don't know what NFL quarterbacks you have in your fantasy leagues, but those are some pretty damned nice numbers out of a starting QB on any fantasy roster.

Maybe if you read and comprehend your OWN post, you would realize how moronic your text really is.

Thanks for playing.

Ok, let's try this again.

Ready to read yet?

He can only regress from here, is he solid for maybe 200-250 yards 1-2 TD 1 INT a week on average from now on? Probably. But not 250-300 and 3 TD with no INT?

I even bolded it for you, this is a pretty simple concept that I am using to prove my point.

Will he keep up his blistering pace? No, simple math can show you that his statistics right now would point him toward the end of season cumulative statistics of 4000 yards passing, 48 touchdowns, and 8 interceptions.

But if you look at the pace that I so mentioned that he should be on from here on out, a 225 yard average and 1.5 TD/1 INT per game pick up would give him:

3400 Yards

24-26 TD

16 INT

Oh those stats look fimilar, where are those from? Those are basically his 2005 statistics which is the last season in which he was fully healthy and producing. Nothing much has changed from that season and nothing probably will. Chalk up those stats into fantasy points and in standard scoring leagues (25yd=1pt,1td=4pt,1int=-2pt) then you have yourself a 200-210 point QB. For example even on FF rankings/projections that is 20 yd = 1 pt there are still enough QB's ranked ahead of Delhomme to make him an average fantasy starter at best.

Peyton Manning

Carson Palmer

Marc Bulger

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Vince Young

Jon Kitna

Matt Hasselbeck

Donovan Mcnabb

Ben Roethlisberger

Eli Manning

Brett Favre

Ect.

That is already a 12 man league right there, and right now if you asked anyone who they would want for consistent fantasy points every week as their #1 QB starter everyone on that list would be named except for maybe Mcnabb. Delhomme is a below average starter and strong back up QB, there isn't any way to justify him keeping up to 250-300 yds and 3 TD with no INT pace.

Therefore, unless you are incredibly invested into Delhomme he should be moved if you can get exceptional value for his red hot statistics. Average games at best are on the way down the road and his value will never be higher.

as an admitted homer, i say keep him...

1. SSmith is the most dominant WR in the game, period. The aforementioned reference to the play where he broke 5 tackles is just the star highlight on a long list of highlights that prove it. No way CJ even comes close to pulling that off... Therefore, Jake will always have a legitimate chance to throw at least 1 TD every game.

2. CAR doesn't run alot in the redzone. History shows what their current RBs have as far as TD production.

3. Davidson's offense is still new and fresh, and expanding every week. He's using more screens and dump-passes to the RBs (look for more of these in the upcoming weeks), and he's utilizing the TE as an actual rec'ing position instead of just a blocker. This combination will lead to alot of easier completions, and help rack up yds by simple 3-8 yard dink passes...

4. CAR's 2nd round rookie WR Dwayne Jarrett hasn't even been healthy enough to suit up yet. I'm holding off my judgement on this kid until further notice, but if he can come in and start performing well, that's a big-bodied target that can help add to those short-yardage situations, and take pressure off of SSmith to perform constantly

5. (And this is a BIG IF) Carter and Colbert can actually catch the ball on a routine basis, they can add to the offense...

6. Jake is getting great protection right now, and the starting RG Jeremy Bridges is done his 2 game suspension, so the OL should just get better... Jake has had his biggest problems when he's been under pressure in the pocket - there's not that pressure right now, and he's getting alot of time to throw. So the whole turnover factor isn't as high w/ him this year....

and finally, the last reason you probably shouldn't trade him is that you most likely won't get much value for him because not many people see him as starter quality right now, so they would probably only offer you backup quality players in exchange. If he has 2-3 more strong weeks, THEN you can make a decision to start him yourself, or trade him away.

Famous, I havent seen one Carolina play this year (I live on West Coast) but I heard something about them opening up the offense. Is that true? Meaning more passing than years past?

The guy who said there is no interest for Delhomme right now - that makes sense, he's got too many mediocre years under his belt to convince people in 2 weeks. If he keeps this up over the course of the next few weeks, things will change. Now I have to think on a weekly basis whether to start him or Brees (just having to consider Brees vs. Delhomme tells you a lot about Bree's year so far).

But if you look at the pace that I so mentioned that he should be on from here on out, a 225 yard average and 1.5 TD/1 INT per game pick up would give him:

3400 Yards

24-26 TD

16 INT

Oh those stats look fimilar, where are those from? Those are basically his 2005 statistics which is the last season in which he was fully healthy and producing. Nothing much has changed from that season and nothing probably will. Chalk up those stats into fantasy points and in standard scoring leagues (25yd=1pt,1td=4pt,1int=-2pt) then you have yourself a 200-210 point QB. For example even on FF rankings/projections that is 20 yd = 1 pt there are still enough QB's ranked ahead of Delhomme to make him an average fantasy starter at best.

Peyton Manning

Carson Palmer

Marc Bulger

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Vince Young

Jon Kitna

Matt Hasselbeck

Donovan Mcnabb

Ben Roethlisberger

Eli Manning

Brett Favre

Ect.

LMFAO!

Okay, genius... in my league, his "basically 2005" stats had him finish 7th in my league for the 2005 season. It's astonishing that you would put nearly HALF of your list ahead of him given their performance histories and, while only time will tell, your assessment is an absolute joke.

Thanks for continuing to show what a complete moron you are on the issue. Granted, both of us are merely speculating, but I tend to believe that his history shows a better measure of consistency that you give him credit for.

I don't think many in FF circles would turn their nose up at high-twenties TD production over mid-teens INTs too often.

If you look at the question in the subject line and Delhomme's history, there is no reason to expect he won't "keep up" that level of production.

And thank you again for taking the time to slowly guide the forum carefully through your mindless drivel.

Famous, I havent seen one Carolina play this year (I live on West Coast) but I heard something about them opening up the offense. Is that true? Meaning more passing than years past?

The guy who said there is no interest for Delhomme right now - that makes sense, he's got too many mediocre years under his belt to convince people in 2 weeks. If he keeps this up over the course of the next few weeks, things will change. Now I have to think on a weekly basis whether to start him or Brees (just having to consider Brees vs. Delhomme tells you a lot about Bree's year so far).

yes the offense is completely opened under JDavidson as compared to under Dan Henning... no more 3-yards and a cloud of dust running, and i've only seen one or two of those quick, stupid passes to the WR at the LOS... the biggest difference is actually the aforementioned use of the TE, and more RB passes. Last season it was either throw to SSmith, or throw the fade to Key... or even worse, throwing that quick pass to Key when Key has no acceleration left to make CBs miss...

There are also supposedly new wrinkles yet to come too.

I haven't compared stats to last year as far as pass attempts... but the passing seems to be much more well distributed, and actually allows Jake several options. This past week, Carter & Colbert dropped some easy passes, and i honestly can only think of one pass where Jake actually threw a bad pass while over throwing the WR...

i've said it earlier, and still agree w/ the point that his trade value will be nil until further notice. People just don't trust him for the same reason they don't trust other players that have burned them in the past... 2 years ago he was a top10 QB, and people projected him to be even better, then he crapped out and burnt alot of owners who irrationally overspent on him... now those same owners won't touch him even if the trade offer is lopsided in their favor...

Maybe if he puts up 6 straight weeks of play like this (or close to it), then more owners would actually be interested in him.

Maybe if he puts up 6 straight weeks of play like this (or close to it), then more owners would actually be interested in him.

Agreed and as is normal in FF... when that day comes, the current owner won't want to trade him. :sleep:

Agreed and as is normal in FF... when that day comes, the current owner won't want to trade him. :rolleyes:

oh so true... :thumbsup:

but maybe for the few that own Palmer or Peyton ahead of Jake, the point will be valid... :cheers:

LMFAO!

Okay, genius... in my league, his "basically 2005" stats had him finish 7th in my league for the 2005 season. It's astonishing that you would put nearly HALF of your list ahead of him given their performance histories and, while only time will tell, your assessment is an absolute joke.

Thanks for continuing to show what a complete moron you are on the issue. Granted, both of us are merely speculating, but I tend to believe that his history shows a better measure of consistency that you give him credit for.

I don't think many in FF circles would turn their nose up at high-twenties TD production over mid-teens INTs too often.

If you look at the question in the subject line and Delhomme's history, there is no reason to expect he won't "keep up" that level of production.

And thank you again for taking the time to slowly guide the forum carefully through your mindless drivel.

Unbelievable...I had the same arguement with nategraduates in a different thread. He basically hates Delhomme for some reason. I think Jake banged his sister or something...

LMFAO!

Of course he finished 7th in your league for the 2005 season, that is what he finished in everybody's season.

His 2005 stats will not finish him anywhere near that mark (7th Best QB) this season which is where he is projected to be by anyone who knows FF at all, Mid 3000 yards, mid 20 TD's and 16-20 INTs with 5-10 LFumbles. That will finish around 190-210 fantasy points (depending on your scoring) CLEARLY under 10-15 QB's projections for the 2007-2008 season, No one can tell for sure where he will end up, but given past performance and consistent team structure from 2005 to 2007 his stats will most likely remain around that mark.

The question of the topic is "Can Delhomme keep it up?" No, he cannot. That is the point I am making and will clearly slow down by the end of this season. It is probable that there is no point in the season where he is more valuable than he is now, regression is obviously on the way and when he goes back to the Delhomme of old his value will plummet.

You'd have to be a moron to argue against the point that I am making right now, or at least an idiot who can't read what I write.

There isn't many fantasy squads in 10-12 man leagues that wouldn't want Delhomme, but I for one would not use him as a #1 fantasy QB starter over the other 10 QB's that can put up better numbers in the long run.

But I guess my point is too hard to understand.

In 2004, Delhomme was ranked 6th in my league. In 2005, Delhomme was ranked 9th in my league. In 2006 he was injured, but his average point equaled the 10th best QB in my league.

Based on his past history, there is no reason he would finish outside of the top 10. So yes, he will be a solid QB this year. He isn't going to throw 3 TDs every game. But Expect 3,500 - 3,900 yards and 25 - 28 TDs from him this year. Which makes him a top 10 QB in this league.

But I guess my point is too hard to understand.

Your point is unsupported. Therefore, you have no point. I reiterate, that all we are doing (on both sides of this argument) is speculation. However, the FACT still remains that with exception to last year - where his top weapon and he were injured for most of the season - he has consistently been a top 10 FF QB. 2004, 2005. I didn't go back to 2003, but I'd bet money he was in the top half of the league, too.

You brought up information which in and of itself is relegated to an injury-plagued 2006 season and act like it is the benchmark for his entire career. It isn't.

Now shut up or post again and be dumberer.

My support is based upon performance over the last several seasons. Yours is based on last year which, up to this point, was an aberration.

Thanks for playing.

delhomme is a very streaky qb, who has a lot of gunslinger in him (he thinks himself to be brett favre 1997). with smith, he has a bonafide go to guy, and can post high stats (as we've seen back-to-back thus far this season), but can also stink it up with 155 0/3.

there was a great excerpt on him in august in one of the publications (espn the magazine i believe) showing the league average on 3rd down passing. it showed something like the avg qb has a 7%(?) INT rate, whereas delhomme's is nearly double, at 13%; in addition, the nfl avg qb's get-sacked-rate in the 3rd and 4th qtrs is like one every 20(?) dropbacks, whereas delhomme's is like one every 8. basically, some data to show his gunslinger mentality, and how it sometimes hurts his team.

i think these 2 weeks we have seen him a tad more controlled with the football, as they have lit a nice match under his ass by bringing in carr, showing him they will not stand for his poor play despite paying him a $35million deal a few seasons ago. if he stays with it, he can continue to pile stats. he will remain labile, with some stinkers, but can produce a nice overall season total ~3400-3900, 23-28TDs.

if delhomme was your explosive player, one to add some jazz to your already steady players, u might keep him; still, i think i might consider trading him with his current high value and get a more steady player for a title run.

Your point is unsupported. Therefore, you have no point. I reiterate, that all we are doing (on both sides of this argument) is speculation. However, the FACT still remains that with exception to last year - where his top weapon and he were injured for most of the season - he has consistently been a top 10 FF QB. 2004, 2005. I didn't go back to 2003, but I'd bet money he was in the top half of the league, too.

You brought up information which in and of itself is relegated to an injury-plagued 2006 season and act like it is the benchmark for his entire career. It isn't.

Now shut up or post again and be dumberer.

My support is based upon performance over the last several seasons. Yours is based on last year which, up to this point, was an aberration.

Thanks for playing.

As an innocent bystandard watching you actually argue on the internet, can you point out where "nategraduates" based his information on a "plagued 2006 season"? In fact, the way I read his stats was based on the 2005 season where he did reasonable well. His arguement, however, is that by todays standards Delhomme's 2005 stats will not be worthy of a top 10 finish.

Do you suffer from selective reading disorder or do you just choose to try and bully people with your opinions? In either case, you really should learn to relax and give yourself the chance to learn something. Although it must be hard to realize, but you are not the only one who matters and I hate to be the one to wreck your party - but you just dont know it all!

Good luck to anyone that chooses to get a word in edgewise with this character... just know ahead of time that you will always be wrong with him and your opinion probably wont count.

Agreed and as is normal in FF... when that day comes, the current owner won't want to trade him. :doublethumbsup:

I have Brady, (unless he gets injured) no matter what Delhomme does he's getting traded

There isn't anyway he is keeping up with throwing 3 touchdowns a game, against Houston one of the TD's was stupid lucky because of Steve Smith's ability to break through like 4 tackles half way on the ground and get up to walk into the end zone.

And Jake can blow up into the most dominant QB this year?

How the hell do you know what he's going to do.

Please go away you dork!

:doublethumbsup:

And Jake can blow up into the most dominant QB this year?

How the hell do you know what he's going to do.

Please go away you dork!

thumbdown.gif

I'm not sure if your saying that I am implying that Jake will blow up and be a dominant QB this year or if your saying that he is going to be?

Because either way I am not saying that he will not in 07 be a top 10 QB based on every season EXCEPT for the 2006 season where he was injury plagued and had his top weapon hampered by a hamstring injury.

Nobody knows what any player is going to do exactly, but when you project a player's stats you look at his past performances, surrounding cast, and match ups this year. Because of his past history of being a "gunslinger" type QB where his only option this year is to chuck balls to Steve Smith 50 yards down field his INT numbers could flare up as well as his TD stats. Like I reiterated before, there is no logical way to project perfectly what a player can do but all we can make is educated guesses. As of now there is no further evidence that Delhomme can "blow up" for 48 TD this year (3 TD per 16 Games), and will more than likely regress to the mean of his TD totals in his past. His surrounding cast remains the same, while the O-line is much improved and healthy this year he still is plauged with a lack of run game and one legit weapon in Steve Smith. The Panther's match ups are the definition of cake this year, but it doesn't take a competent coordinator to understand that to give that offense trouble you double even triple team Steve Smith and take away the deep ball all game long.

Why don't some of you arguing with me go look at some of the projections for Delhomme on the sites that you usually go to for fantasy advice, starting with FFToday.com. The projections on there are close to what I expect them to be for Delhomme. (Though I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he was thrown 6TD-1INT so far and his seasonal projections should be boosted because of that. (End of Year statistic projection: 3450 YD 26 TD 16-18 INT 5 LFUM)

As an innocent bystandard watching you actually argue on the internet, can you point out where "nategraduates" based his information on a "plagued 2006 season"? In fact, the way I read his stats was based on the 2005 season where he did reasonable well. His arguement, however, is that by todays standards Delhomme's 2005 stats will not be worthy of a top 10 finish.

Do you suffer from selective reading disorder or do you just choose to try and bully people with your opinions? In either case, you really should learn to relax and give yourself the chance to learn something. Although it must be hard to realize, but you are not the only one who matters and I hate to be the one to wreck your party - but you just dont know it all!

Good luck to anyone that chooses to get a word in edgewise with this character... just know ahead of time that you will always be wrong with him and your opinion probably wont count.

None of the above.

His argument isn't "by today's standards." He clearly defines (IHO) that Delhomme is streaky and cannot maintain any semblence of consistency. Contrary to that opinion, he was streaky last year based upon circumstances I have already defined, Delhomme was rather consistent in '05 and '04. Given the question was "can Delhomme keep it up" - I stand by my answer and logic... prior to last year where his top weapon, in addition to Delhomme himself, spent a good deal of time injured, was rather consistent, to the point of being a top 10 FF QB 2-years prior to the injury plagued 2006 season.

Further, given nate's "statistical logic" - he is poised to have a mid- to upper-20's TD with a mid-teens INT number. That would be consistent to his seasons prior to 2006.

By "today's standards" - that's a top 10 FF QB season.

Now, that should show you and any other who would question my assessment, where I made the connection to nate's "inconsistent" position with regard to Delhomme (the 2006 season being the only one in the last 3 in which he was inconsistent).

Comprende? Using Nate's own mathematical analysis, which flies in the face of his opinion - Delhomme should be just as consistent (if not moreso) as he was in '05 and '04.

If you could get a qb with these numbers for as cheap as Delhomme was prior to the season, why would you pass that up? A 12th (or later) round pick that you can start most weeks. Thats called a great value pick.

2004 Carolina Panthers 16 16 533 310 58.2 3886 7.29 63 29 15

2005 Carolina Panthers 16 16 435 262 60.2 3421 7.86 80 24 16

2006 Carolina Panthers 13 13 431 263 61.0 2805 6.51 72 17 11

And of course he isn't going to put up 48 TD's, so saying "he can't maintain this current pace" is absurd. But it is very likely that he will pass for 3500+ with 25/15 or so. That's a top 10 QB, folks. And you paid next to nothing to get him.

None of the above.

His argument isn't "by today's standards." He clearly defines (IHO) that Delhomme is streaky and cannot maintain any semblence of consistency. Contrary to that opinion, he was streaky last year based upon circumstances I have already defined, Delhomme was rather consistent in '05 and '04. Given the question was "can Delhomme keep it up" - I stand by my answer and logic... prior to last year where his top weapon, in addition to Delhomme himself, spent a good deal of time injured, was rather consistent, to the point of being a top 10 FF QB 2-years prior to the injury plagued 2006 season.

Further, given nate's "statistical logic" - he is poised to have a mid- to upper-20's TD with a mid-teens INT number. That would be consistent to his seasons prior to 2006.

By "today's standards" - that's a top 10 FF QB season.

Now, that should show you and any other who would question my assessment, where I made the connection to nate's "inconsistent" position with regard to Delhomme (the 2006 season being the only one in the last 3 in which he was inconsistent).

Comprende? Using Nate's own mathematical analysis, which flies in the face of his opinion - Delhomme should be just as consistent (if not moreso) as he was in '05 and '04.

I believe I just basically said the same thing, but you aren't comprehending my posts. Jake Delhomme is not a streaky player at all, he has been a model of consistency over the years save for the 2006 season which I am not using in my argument to prove my point at all. My opinion on this matter is that Delhomme will not CONSISTENTLY put up 250 yards and 3 touchdowns which is what he has been doing on his hot streak the last two weeks, while even someone that doesn't watch football knows that on that pace he would be in line for 45+ touchdowns. My argument is that given his current history in 05 and 04, his model numbers again look the same which in THIS season of 07-08 is not good enough to be a Top 10 QB given the projections of fantasy points by common knowledge.

Again my point is that if you want to unload Delhomme, now would be the time to do it; the chances of him repeating his past two performances once or even twice again in the next 6 weeks are incredibly low. His value will most likely never be higher than it would be now, it doesn't mean you have to trade him. He isn't going to plummet into the abyss, he is still a solid QB for 200-250 PYD 1-2 TD and 1-2 INT every game. If Delhomme suits your needs than by all means keep him and ride him, but if you can get a great offer for talent upgrade than it would be wise to move him now.

Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Marc Bulger, Carson Palmer, and Tom Brady are all basically locked up to have a better fantasy season than Delhomme. It can't be argued that Jon Kitna, Matt Hasselbeck, Tony Romo, and Eli Manning (pre injury) would have worse years than Delhomme given the situations that they are in. That already puts him at the 10th spot of Top 10 projected QB's, given Vince Young's rushing touchdown and rushing yard scoring he can easily be that 10th spot as well as Ben Roethlisberger, Brett Favre, Donovan Mcnabb (Probably unlikely now), Matt Schaub, and even Matt Leinart.

A top 13-20 QB finish is more likely than a top 10 finish is all I am saying.

If you could get a qb with these numbers for as cheap as Delhomme was prior to the season, why would you pass that up? A 12th (or later) round pick that you can start most weeks. Thats called a great value pick.

2004 Carolina Panthers 16 16 533 310 58.2 3886 7.29 63 29 15

2005 Carolina Panthers 16 16 435 262 60.2 3421 7.86 80 24 16

2006 Carolina Panthers 13 13 431 263 61.0 2805 6.51 72 17 11

And of course he isn't going to put up 48 TD's, so saying "he can't maintain this current pace" is absurd. But it is very likely that he will pass for 3500+ with 25/15 or so. That's a top 10 QB, folks. And you paid next to nothing to get him.

Reality is, the original poster didn't ask if he could maintain a pace over the course of the season in keeping with his first two games. Read the original post.

I stand by my reply and still strongly believe, with evidence provided by Nate himself, that Nate is a complete asshead who does a lot of talking without making a shred of sense.

Thank you.

I can't figure out how I feel about Jake right now. I know it's never bad to have your QB throwing to Stevie but is now the best time to sell high or do you think he can actually sustain and be a top 10 QB when it's all said and done?

I guess you really can't read.

Reality is, the original poster didn't ask if he could maintain a pace over the course of the season in keeping with his first two games. Read the original post.

I stand by my reply and still strongly believe, with evidence provided by Nate himself, that Nate is a complete asshead who does a lot of talking without making a shred of sense.

Thank you.

:music_guitarred: Yay for ignorance!

You can read into "sustain" all you want, but it is obvious the original poster is asking if he can even keep close to his production right now or does he trade him while he is hot. Context Clues buddy.

I believe I just basically said the same thing, but you aren't comprehending my posts. Jake Delhomme is not a streaky player at all, he has been a model of consistency over the years save for the 2006 season which I am not using in my argument to prove my point at all. My opinion on this matter is that Delhomme will not CONSISTENTLY put up 250 yards and 3 touchdowns which is what he has been doing on his hot streak the last two weeks, while even someone that doesn't watch football knows that on that pace he would be in line for 45+ touchdowns. My argument is that given his current history in 05 and 04, his model numbers again look the same which in THIS season of 07-08 is not good enough to be a Top 10 QB given the projections of fantasy points by common knowledge.

This is an unmitigated backpedal. If you read the OP's original post, he asks if Delhomme can finish as a top-10 QB. Using YOUR OWN statistical prognostication, and his history - he absolutely can.

Thread over, I win. :music_guitarred:

I guess you really can't read.

:music_guitarred: Yay for ignorance!

You can read into "sustain" all you want, but it is obvious the original poster is asking if he can even keep close to his production right now or does he trade him while he is hot. Context Clues buddy.

Wrong. Nice try, but without any question, completely wrong. The core question is, can he finish the season in the top 10. Using your OWN statistical analysis, he can.

Damn right "YAY for ignorance" - your own. You can't lose this debate any more than you already have, but given your penchant for replying in this thread despite the obvious - you'll certainly try, let's all watch...

This is an unmitigated backpedal. If you read the OP's original post, he asks if Delhomme can finish as a top-10 QB. Using YOUR OWN statistical prognostication, and his history - he absolutely can.

Thread over, I win.

It isn't a backpedal at all, if you read my other posts in this thread you can obviously see my reasoning as to why he will not finish as a Top-10 QB this year even given his statistically history, most projectors would see him probably duplicating the 05 statistics.

But here it is again for you to read and comprehend.

Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Marc Bulger, Carson Palmer, and Tom Brady are all basically locked up to have a better fantasy season than Delhomme. It can't be argued that Jon Kitna, Matt Hasselbeck, Tony Romo, and Eli Manning (pre injury) would have worse years than Delhomme given the situations that they are in. That already puts him at the 10th spot of Top 10 projected QB's, given Vince Young's rushing touchdown and rushing yard scoring he can easily be that 10th spot as well as Ben Roethlisberger, Brett Favre, Donovan Mcnabb (Probably unlikely now), Matt Schaub, and even Matt Leinart.

A top 13-20 QB finish is more likely than a top 10 finish is all I am saying.

While his statistics from 05 would of been good enough to qualify as a Top10-QB in fantasy from past years, it is painfully obvious that given his backround those statistics will not qualify him to jump ahead of most of the QBs listed above.

Yes, he can. :music_guitarred: That is, barring circumstances such as which plagued him in 2006.

Yes, he can. first.gif That is, barring circumstances such as which plagued him in 2006.

You can go ahead and explain your reasoning like I did, or just give up because you know that you can't beat stat projections from this very own website. They have Delhomme ranked here as like the 20th best QB by season's end, I will even give him the 2 hot starts and would of seen him finish behind Matt Schaub (Not anymore due to AJ injury), but definitely not above the aforementioned quarterbacks.

(Brett Favre, Ben Roethlisberger, Vince Young)

CAN he finish in the top 10? Sure anyone can, this is fantasy football it is mostly luck.

Is it likely? No, just like it isn't likely you will hit a gut shot flush on the river in Hold em'.

All you can do in Fantasy is play the percentages and try to get the players with the best chance to do well, nothing is concrete. Delhomme may very well be the best QB by season's end, but odds are stacked against him that he even produces like a Top 10 QB given the enormous amount of QB Talent in 07.

Why don't some of you arguing with me go look at some of the projections for Delhomme on the sites that you usually go to for fantasy advice, starting with FFToday.com. The projections on there are close to what I expect them to be for Delhomme. (Though I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he was thrown 6TD-1INT so far and his seasonal projections should be boosted because of that. (End of Year statistic projection: 3450 YD 26 TD 16-18 INT 5 LFUM)

Projections are usually based on performance on the past year. Its not usually based on the previous 2 or 3 year performances. And no matter how you break down projections, its just a guess. FFToday has Rex Grossman, JP Losman, Alex Smith, Ben Roethelisberger.....ahead of Delhomme. That is a joke cause none of those guys came close to even touching Delhomme's 2004 stats. If the analysts were to redo the projections again, I guarentee you Delhomme would be top 10.

FFtoday has Randy Moss projected to be 25th best WR. What do you think he'll do now? Mark Clayton was ranked 15th. what a joke.