Sign in to follow this  
steppdaddy

Can't believe I am asking but.....

The Chiefs suck!!!!!! There offense looks like a confused pop warner team. Now that I am done ranting, do you bench L.J. or give him another week. I am seriosly considering starting Benson over him because of the match up and it is a Sunday Night game. I considered starting L. Jordan over L.J. last week and got burned because I didn't, will I get burned again if I don't start Benson?

Leave a link and thanks in advance.

It really depends on ur other options. I am begrudingly benching LJ for Thomas Jones vs. MIA and Portis vs. NYG. If those two didnt have the matchups that they did, I would start LJ. I have gotten advice on this and have heard arguments for and against starting LJ. I honestly think he MIGHT have a decent game, and since I am in a PPR league, he hasnt been nearly as bad as he has been in standard scoring leagues. I just dont see how KC will open up running lanes for LJ without being able to make Minny respect the pass. Kennison is out I think, and even he isnt a great WR......Trent Green probably made him look alot better than he really is. If KC could actually make teams respect the pass, LJ would fare much better than he has. Herm Edwards is just a horrible coach, and has ruined that team in many ways. He is supposed to be a defensive minded coach, but has KC's D really improved much since he took over? They were so lucky to make the playoffs last year in the AFC with a 9-7 record. In ur case, I have not seen anything from Cedric Benson to make me believe he is any better of an option than LJ. Benson is so overrated, and I think Dallas' D is much better than they have shown, and with Terrance Newman back, they should fare better than they have the first two weeks. Bottom line is, unless u have a better option than Benson, Id stick with LJ.

Help me: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=289603

I say ride LJ. I think this week he will get his 20-25 touches and that is when he becomes effective. The Chiefs O will be on the field alot because the My vikings offense sucks. I also think the vikings run D is overrated. Teams can pass all day long against them with ease so why run. The only problem with passing is the chiefs dont have the players to do it so they will pound the ball. LJ will go for 125 total yds and at least 1 score this week.

Please see mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=289640

At least you have options.

That being said i have LJ in a league and thank god i have no depth, so i have to ride him.

Its a tough call. When do you bench your first rounder?

How could the Chiefs start their season with not a single respectable WR on there roster and 3 QB's that are a joke.

The outlook is bad my freind. I going to wait for a big game then trade his ass.

Put Jordan and Benson out there and you well get decent #'s out of them both. LJ most likely well go off if you bench him.

Put LJ out there and pray for a big game and you well get his avg. 13/50/0, 5/40/0. Not bad.

I have heard that they well try and get him more touches this week. But Minn's D is GOOD.

Seems that no matter what you do your screwed.

How many times do you needed to have "Don't bench your stud's" jackhammered in to your head?

GL bud.

help me out

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=289641

The Chiefs suck!!!!!! There offense looks like a confused pop warner team. Now that I am done ranting, do you bench L.J. or give him another week. I am seriosly considering starting Benson over him because of the match up and it is a Sunday Night game. I considered starting L. Jordan over L.J. last week and got burned because I didn't, will I get burned again if I don't start Benson?

You are right, the Chief suck. That is why I drafted Gore with LJ still available. However, I live in Chicago and Benson and the Bears offense sucks. Wade Wilson, who is a coach on Dallas was the Bears QB coach and knows the Grossman secrets. Look what the Bears Offense did v. SD and old coach Rivera.

I would stick with LJ another week, although Minny' s run defense is really good. LJ is all KC has and you know he will get his touches and be involved totally in their offense.

See mine http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=289654

Being a Chicago fan and a Benson owner I can tell you that I am not tooooooo impressed with Benson yet. He got a nice 15-20 yard garbage run at the end of the game at KC last week. Still, the question might boil down to based on your opponet if you need a sure-fire average game (Benson, maybe a TD) or a huge game but potentially not much (LJ). Tough call...you don't want to keep getting burned

I would go with LJ over Benson but then again, I'm not a big Benson fan. I think LJ will get more looks and while he may not have a huge game, I think he will put up respectable numbers.

Dude honestly I am firm believer in Starting your studs no matter what.....With that being said LJ has not been studly and Jordan has..............Go with the hot Back Jordan

Benson has the better matchup obviously but I would go LJ because he is at home and I think he gets a lot of carries and he will get looks out of the backfield. I am not sold on Benson just yet and I think LJ can have a nice game this weekend even if Minnesota has a strong run defense. Go LJ

I think you stick with LJ here. Benson has an easier matchup but I think Dal will jump out to an early lead through the air which is where Chi is vulnerable on D. That being siad the KC and Min offenses are both brutal and all wither one can do is run. I think it ends up being a low scoring game with both teams running the ball frequently. LJ may not ut up great ypc but he should get at least 25 carries and that will get you some solid numbers. Who knows what happens with the Bears offense.

THanks for your help