Sign in to follow this  
cardinalempire

L Jordan or T Jones?

Thought I had this one all figured out, but now with the projections coming out I am second-guessing my initial decision. The way Lamont Jordan has been playing, I didn't think I could possibly bench him another week (especially with Rudi's injury). A lot of the stat projections say that Jones is going to have the better day, though.

I understand that Buffalo has the worst run D in the league, but is that enough to trust Jones to get 100+ yards and finally score this season? I got burned sitting Jordan last week when folks said to keep Rudi in the lineup (shouldn't have listened, obviously) and don't want to be kicking myself again come Sunday. It's also not like Miami has been shutting folks down... they're 3rd worst against the run and have allowed twice as many TD's as Buffalo on the ground.

Who do you like?

Leave a link and I will return the favor.

I really like both of you options here and like last week I think you should just go with your gut decision. However, I really think the the dolphins and raiders game will be a lot closer than the jets game. This means Jones may see a lot more carries on the ground but Jordan also has the ability to score through the air. Tough one for me, but I play Jordan.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=291243

Thought I had this one all figured out, but now with the projections coming out I am second-guessing my initial decision. The way Lamont Jordan has been playing, I didn't think I could possibly bench him another week (especially with Rudi's injury). A lot of the stat projections say that Jones is going to have the better day, though.

I understand that Buffalo has the worst run D in the league, but is that enough to trust Jones to get 100+ yards and finally score this season? I got burned sitting Jordan last week when folks said to keep Rudi in the lineup (shouldn't have listened, obviously) and don't want to be kicking myself again come Sunday. It's also not like Miami has been shutting folks down... they're 3rd worst against the run and have allowed twice as many TD's as Buffalo on the ground.

Who do you like?

I like Jordan. He should be able to run on Miami all day and I look for tds from Jordan as well. I think I would go with the hot hand as Thomas Jones has yet to find the end zone. Good luck. Please see mine. http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=291195

Who do you like?

I like Jordan. He should be able to run on Miami all day and I look for tds from Jordan as well. I think I would go with the hot hand as Thomas Jones has yet to find the end zone. Good luck. Please see mine. http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=291195

I would go w/ T. Jones and expect him to have his breakout game...Buf is not playing well and I have some hesitation with CPep starting...don't know how that's going to affect Jordan.

Tough decision, but I would go T. Jones.

I would go with Jordan. He has been running great lately. He gets alot of passes thrown his way as well.

Thanks for mine.

I would go with Jordan because he's hot and the potential of catching some passes even though Cpep is a doucebag and probably wont check down.

I like jones personally. Much better passing game to complement him and he had a solid running day last week. It hurts not to be able to start Jordan but Oaklands offense is less likely to give him scoring oppurtunities.

JB

Thanks for your help, even with your blindness :pointstosky:

Wow I didn't realize how dominant Jordan has been until I looked up his stats in my league through 3 weeks he's the #3 rusher in the league. I'd definitely stick with Jordan until his wheels fall off. Dolphins are no juggernaut either. Thanks for seeing mine

I will just point out few of the problems which Jets may have

1) Bills are good in the red jone. They held Pittsburg steelers last week to four field goals when inside the 20. That includes FWP.

2) Pennington will try to do a corner pass to coles or look for Baker on the back line.

Though I am sure Thomas Jones will have big gains against the Bills defensive backs, I am not entirely convinced about his goal line ability.

Jordan on other hand is capable of getting more TD's. He is playing against Miami's defense rated 29th against the run. The offensive cordinator Greg Knapp increases Jordan's load and is rewarded. He will get around 25 touches. RIDE jordan now when he is playing with power, explosiveness and quickness.

In the end, Both your options are good, go with your gut.

Very tough choice here i would go with Lamont Jordan. I think both will have a good week.

Goodluck!!