Sign in to follow this  
the_future420

Derek Anderson

In my league he is the 5th highest scoring QB behind Romo,Brady, P. Manning and Favre and he is still on the WW. Even taking away his monster game against Cincy where he scored 31, he has been a consisten performer in my league:

Week 1 - 8 pts (came in halfway through the game)

Week 2 - 31 pts

Week 3 - 16 pts

Week 4 - 15 pts

Week 5 - 16 pts

He is 7th in the league in passing yds and 3rd in touchdowns. Honestly, the Browns dont look like a horrible team this year, at least not offensively. If Lewis is hurt badly, that might change things a bit, but Derek Anderson, the QB for the Cleveland Browns is looking like a solid play. After dropping Bulger and only now having Hasselbeck on my roster, I may pick up Anderson.

Is anybody out there using him?

I just picked him up and will be starting him ahead of both Bulger and Young. He's got a good matchup this weekend vs. Miami, then the bye. That's when it'll start getting a bit interesting. If the Browns win this weekend, DA should continue to get the call after the bye. But once Cleveland goes into the tank, DA's games will be numbered. He's a good quick fix, but don't expect much from him later in the year.

Guest _my_2_cents_

I started him last week, and i will be starting him again this week. His 3 ints sucked, but the 3 TDs balanced it nicely - he was a 24 point starter and thus a better option than many, including my opponent's QB which helped me win the week.

He's not going to win the MVP, but he's been a pretty consistent starter - he has good receiving targets in Winslow and Edwards, and seems to have a knack for the big play.

He should be a great start this week against MIA.

I dropped VY for Anderson today. some rube dropped Anderson to pick up Donte Stallworthless. I also have Eli but he's doing better than Vince. I have officially asked to get off the VY fantasy bandwagon.

I started him the last two weeks (BAL and NE) and he got me 20 points each time :doublethumbsup: :ninja:

So I'm going to continue to start him (Bulger is my other QB).

Heck yes.

Anderson is a good QB and there is hope for Edwards, Winslow, and JJ with him in the lineup. Frye made them risky plays and Quinn isn't ready.

Picked him up last week just for this week (Indy/Manning bye week). Hoping to trade him after week six to a QB lacking squad for a WR upgrade. In my league he is right next to P. Manning in FF points for QBs. :headbanger: