Sign in to follow this  
BoltFan

Travis Henry = approx. 1 more month of playing time

So does one (who does not own Henry) drop Selvin or hang onto him at this point? The Henry owner in my league has zero interest in Selvin...

It looks like Henry could delay this whole thing and Selvin would just rot on our benches.

So does one (who does not own Henry) drop Selvin or hang onto him at this point? The Henry owner in my league has zero interest in Selvin...

It looks like Henry could delay this whole thing and Selvin would just rot on our benches.

I say, if you have the depth, hang on to him. I plan on doing so. Even if Henry's suspension is delayed (or doesn't happen) he isn't exactly the most durable running back.

Selvin seems to be a great receiver too, so I'm definitely hanging onto him in my PPR league. They had him split wide for a couple plays in the game I saw.

I say, if you have the depth, hang on to him. I plan on doing so. Even if Henry's suspension is delayed (or doesn't happen) he isn't exactly the most durable running back.

Selvin seems to be a great receiver too, so I'm definitely hanging onto him in my PPR league. They had him split wide for a couple plays in the game I saw.

Yeah, Henry definitely gets banged up, so even if he is not suspended he is always an injury risk. It just blows that you end up being able to pick a guy like Selvin and based on the preliminary news, you think you have Denver's new RB for the rest of the season and in a matter of about a week, that all changes.

Damn you, fantasy football gods!!!

Yeah, Henry definitely gets banged up, so even if he is not suspended he is always an injury risk. It just blows that you end up being able to pick a guy like Selvin and based on the preliminary news, you think you have Denver's new RB for the rest of the season and in a matter of about a week, that all changes.

Yeah, well think of how much it sucks to be the Henry owner who invested a 1st or 2nd rounder on the guy only to lose him over something stupid like this and not having Young because some dude with a crappy bench took a flyer on him 2 weeks prior to the news and (seemingly) won the lottery. I don't have much sympathy. All you lost was a bench player. I'm looking at losing my 2nd round pick. :doublethumbsup:

I've had Young for a few weeks now and last night I pulled a trade to get Henry straight up for Maroney (no I don't own Morris). I think that shores up my RB position pretty well. I have Gore, Ronnie Brown and All Day on the roster with Henry and Young.

Well I'll be damned... An actual story from Len Pasta-belly that isn't totally worthless. Well played sir.

Guest _my_2_cents_

Just checked the schedule. I don't play the Henry owner until week 10. He happens to be tied with me for best record. He also has Brady, Moss & Stallworth on the BYE that week too. :banana:

I'd rather be lucky than good any day of the week. :pointstosky:

Huh? Whuh? The guy gets injured occasionally but usually plays. He played half a season with cracked ribs in Buffalo. This guy is tough as nails...or stoned....hey, wait a minute!

Drop him? If this goes worst case (other than the suspension being banned) Henry starts his suspension week 10 or 11, giving you 5 /6 weeks of starting RB goodness. This hurts his trade value but still leaves you with a nice option coming down the home stretch.

Drop him? If this goes worst case (other than the suspension being banned) Henry starts his suspension week 10 or 11, giving you 5 /6 weeks of starting RB goodness. This hurts his trade value but still leaves you with a nice option coming down the home stretch.

Yea, I almost dropped him but decided that if I keep Selvin, I can trade him for more value in week 10.

The smart thing for ole Shanny to do is work Selvin more into the offense leading up into Henry's suspension. This might be a good selling point to trade him to the Henry owner if you have depth at the RB position.