Sign in to follow this  
Guest _my_2_cents_

Jamal Lewis ruled OUT for week 6

Guest _my_2_cents_

:lol:

Oct. 13, 4:13 p.m. Jason Wright - RB (rank: 39), Cleveland

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Jamal Lewis has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Dolphins. Wright will start in his place.

Fantasy Source spin: Wright is an excellent sleeper pick this week. He ran well last week against the Patriots, and he'll be facing the 31st-ranked run defense in the league. Start him with confidence during this bye-heavy week.

:banana:

Jamal Lewis - RB (rank: 20), Cleveland

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Lewis (foot) has been ruled out for Sunday's game against Miami.

Fantasy Source spin: Jason Wright will start in his in Lewis' place.

:( :JamalOwnerSadBanana: :(

(but not me...I picked up Wright just in time for Gore's BYE! :banana: )

:lol:

:banana:

:( :JamalOwnerSadBanana: :(

(but not me...I picked up Wright just in time for Gore's BYE! :banana: )

Can't wait until Zach Thomas and his new helmet crush Wright all day long.

Can't wait until Zach Thomas and his new helmet crush Wright all day long.

Zach will play and that does help the Miami run defense along with recent FA signing at SS Donovan Darius but Miami has starting DT Vonnie Holiday out and his back up Rod Wright is questionable and didn't practice all week. The back up NT to Keith Traylor is a 4th round pick (Paul Soliai) who was awful when he played in weeks 1 and 2 and will only play this week (if he does) b/c Miami will be desperate to get a body out there.

Guest _my_2_cents_

Dolphins still have the worst run D in the league. :banana: Jason :banana: Wright! :lol:

(sorry - managed to snag him on Tuesday facing a team that was going to beat me for sure since my options were Selvin Young or Julius Jones)

Buyer beware with Wright.....

Minus his ridiculous game against the Bengals, Jamal Lewis has pretty much been terrible. Not entirely his fault being that the O-Line looks collegiate at times when run blocking. The matchup looks nice, but I wouldn't expect much more then 70-80 rushing at best.

I have both Wright and B. Edwards and am benching Wright because the thought of starting two Cleveland offensive players in a week makes me feel dirty.

Here's hoping this one doesn't bite me in arse :pointstosky:

Guest _my_2_cents_

Minus his ridiculous game against the Bengals, Jamal Lewis has pretty much been terrible. Not entirely his fault being that the O-Line looks collegiate at times when run blocking. The matchup looks nice, but I wouldn't expect much more then 70-80 rushing at best.

I have both Wright and B. Edwards and am benching Wright because the thought of starting two Cleveland offensive players in a week makes me feel dirty.

Here's hoping this one doesn't bite me in arse :thumbsdown:

He's better than Selvin Young or Julius Jones.

Any running back who is guaranteed to get 15-20 carries is a good start. No question. Especially when dealing with BYE or injuries. The guy I'm playing this week was pissed when he saw I added him. That gave me a 5-15 point bump. Who knows if they'll have a GL carry for him, or if he breaks a big run or reception. At worst he gets me 5-10 points, which is the upside of my other options.

Jason Wright, this banana's for you! :pointstosky:

By the way, on the CBS radio fantasy show this morning they were saying to start ALL cleveland players. Wright, Winslow, Edwards, etc. MIA D has really been that bad.

It's funny - people thought that would be a terrible offense with a great D. 100% the opposite - amazing. They're moving the ball seemingly at will against opponents, but they can't stop anyone.

I'd play 3 Browns this week if I had 'em.

I agree. Not a bad fill in at all. My only point was that the consensus of posters seem to have lofty expectations of him. I think 5-10 pts is a fair estimate.

Jason Wright had over 100 all purpose yards against the #1 NFL defense...... :wave:

Before I add my dancing nanner to this thread, let me offer a small token of appreciation to the FF Gods who may bless me two weeks in a row (Kenton Keith last week.. :clap: )

'Oh Great and powerful FF Gods.....please do not mistake the celebration of this thread. We are not celebrating the injury of one of your creatures but the opportunity it presents to a young player and perhaps the passing of a torch. It is in your gracious and most powerful name we pay honor!'

Now........... :unsure:

I needed this good news. I will take 10 points from him this weekend, gladly

:unsure: :wave: :clap: :banana: :banana:

I've always wanted to see some dancing bananas.

Here's hoping this one doesn't bite me in arse :)

The upside with Wright is the fact he may also get 40-50 yds receiving on 4 or 5 catches. Receiving is his strong suit normally, he's the 3rd down back. A line where he has 14-16 carries and 5-6 catches - he could go for 110 yds combined. Considering he went for 100 combined against the Pats with 15 carries and 4 catches, it's a pretty fair estimate. In PPR, that's good RB numbers.

Now, if he can add a TD, it'll be gold.

He's being ranked among the top RB's on the ranking sites this week. Not bad value for a WW pickup.

Wright on

:banana: :)

I am debating picking him up for this 1 big week in one league, but I'd have to drop Selvin Young (Henry owner)... it's almost a must win for me, so I'll probably have to pull the trigger

_my_2_cents_

Any running back who is guaranteed to get 15-20 carries is a good start. No question

Go talk to LJ owners how that is working out :mad:

Before I picked Wright up my choices at RB2 were Benson vs MIN and Leonard vs Bal so I am very pleased that I can start Wright over those two this week.

Cleveland's offense is ranked 8th in total yards and 12th in rushing. They're the surprise offensive power house of the year, and they haven't had the easiest schedule (Pitt, Oak, Balt and NE - wow). Except that Cinci game, which does pad the stats a bit, but it shows what they're capable of against a bad defense. And the last time I checked, Miami's defense was pretty bad.

The O-line is better, the passing game is almost impressive and the play calling has been quite effective. Many, many people think J. Lewis has lost a step or two. So what can Wright do on this offense against a bad defense? Something special, I hope. The next two teams after Miami look promising too - St. Louis and Seattle. I think he's an excellent short term pick up, with the possibility of more if Lewis is out for awhile.

I just picked up Wright and will plug him in this week vs Miami's horrible run offense as I have Addai/Keith on bye this week and Thomas Jones stinks while it sounds like Lamont Jordan won't play. In that case, Fargas will start vs a stout SD run D and I'm wondering if the Raiders use Rhodes this week coming off of his suspension.

Picked Wright up off the wire for my pipe dream (pun intended) of Ricky Williams. Miami stinks against the run. Sux that he has a week 7 bye for Jamal to get health, but I have FWP coming back. :(

Guest _my_2_cents_

Wright's gonna be the man! Now dance you focking banana, DANCE!!!!! :banana:

Wright got 100+ yards over the Pats last week and actually looked pretty good. He likes to lower his head and run over people. I can't believe I'd ever do this, but I think I'm going to start him over Rudi Johnson. I'm curious to see what these new Brownies can do...

Wright got 100+ yards over the Pats last week and actually looked pretty good. He likes to lower his head and run over people. I can't believe I'd ever do this, but I think I'm going to start him over Rudi Johnson. I'm curious to see what these new Brownies can do...

dood, Wright is a risk because he in unproven, but Rudi and his hammy are a much bigger risk.

Before I picked Wright up my choices at RB2 were Benson vs MIN and Leonard vs Bal so I am very pleased that I can start Wright over those two this week.

I'm also benching Benson this week.

Benson vs Min. = Wrong

Wright vs Mia. = Right :dunno: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am tempted to start Wright over Westy this week... am I totally off-base here??

Will Westy play the whole game, who knows... :blink:

Guest _my_2_cents_
TOUCHDOWN Wright.....That didn't take long... :doublethumbsup: :lol: :dunno:

:pointstosky: