Sign in to follow this  
hines86rules

Why does anyone kick to Hester?

Watching him return punts and kickoffs is like watching a video game. The guy is un-freaking-believable and absolute money... :bench:

A block in the back always helps.

the vikings are always focking retarded....

hes the surest bet to score on the bears and still....u kick to him...

He is the best I've ever seen, by far. His athletic ability is simply other-worldly, a true football god...now if only he can turn into a WR...oh wait....

everyone knows my ultimate hate for the bears..but i have to give it up to him...i would take him on seattle in a heartbeat....fock, hes amazing...

sure..once he went to seattle, he would become a pass dropping goof..but still....

While I agree that kicking to Hester is a foolish idea at best, did anyone actually see the full play of his return today? Kluwe punted the ball right towards the sidelines, nearly inside the 10 yard line, but it was just a TINY BIT off from going out of bounds. Hester grabbed it and had to turn directions to avoid going out of bounds, then just made great plays to take it to the house.

This was not your normal "well, we'll just line up and kick it straight at him" sort of deal. Kluwe just barely missed pinning them inside the 15 or 10 yard line. Barely. (Of course, that's all the room someone as good as Hester needs)

Anyone know why Chicago doesn't try to get the ball more to Hester as a receiver? He can't have "bad hands" if he's returning punts, or so I'd think. Any insights?

my theories: lack of grasp of playbook.. and Lovie doesn't want to waste his energy on offense when he's so fricking good on returns. probably a little of both

You kick it to him because this is professional football - and they should be able to stop him. Kick to him and then stop him. To do anything less is like tanking an FF game.

Stop him like the pros you are. If you don't you suck. :thumbsup: