Sign in to follow this  
Quickolas1

Buffalo Sabres 2007-08

Kind of a meh! performance last night against the Red Wings. Sabres scored on their first shot and spent the rest of the first period in their own zone. The joke line (maltby, drake, draper) got a couple goals. Kronwall back and playing well. Hasek losing the rust....once Lidstrom, Chelios, Rafalski and cleary come back they'll be back to 100%. Still hoping the Avs hang on to #8 spot in the west so Detroit gets them in the first round...for old times sake.

ETA: 80

The Habs will go 2-2 on their western trip. They'll lose to Nashville and Anaheim and win against SJ and the Kings. They'll win 2-1 tonight.

The Habs will go 2-2 on their western trip. They'll lose to Nashville and Anaheim and win against SJ and the Kings. They'll win 2-1 tonight.

I think the second game on the trip is phoenix instead of nashville. the coyotes have been struggling to score goals lately. Either way it would be an ideal place to give Halak a start, what do you think?

I think the second game on the trip is phoenix instead of nashville. the coyotes have been struggling to score goals lately. Either way it would be an ideal place to give Halak a start, what do you think?

You're right...don't know where I got they were playing Nashville. I think they have a shot at 3-1 then. And yes, Halak needs to play soon and that would be a good matchup for him. I'm not worried about him though.

Tough game tonight, I think the Sharks have won 6 in a row. Should be a good one. I'm gonna stay up for it. 10.30 est start time. I'll roll in to the office slightly late tomorrow.

Bold prediction: 4-1 Habs.

:thumbsup:

Tough game tonight, I think the Sharks have won 6 in a row. Should be a good one. I'm gonna stay up for it. 10.30 est start time. I'll roll in to the office slightly late tomorrow.

:doublethumbsup:

Lucky your team is in the eastern conference. detroit and CBJ fans get hooped being in the Western Conference and having a bunch of these EVERY year, not to mention the extra travel in the playoffs. Anyway, tonights game has 2-2 going into overtime written all over it. I'll take the Sharks in the shootout. :rolleyes:

Not a real big hockey fan but do appreciate the sport and the athleticism required to play it. Looks like fun. Not much ice to play on growing up in Texas, wish I had the chance.

Anyway, I was in Buffalo recently and had a conversation with a local. I asked him about the how he felt about the Dallas Stars beating them in the cup in '99. He said, " no goal!"

I went on to tell him how I see it. The town of Buffalo are a bunch of crybabies and need a reality check, especially the puzzy azz coach who cried the loudest. the 'no goal' was in the 2nd overtime of game 6 to clinch it for the Stars. I have always said that you should never put yourself in a position to lose a game from a bad call, and this call was just questionable. But the sabres had 3 periods and 2 OTs to score another goal and didn't do it. And even if it was a no goal, the game would have just continued and the outcome could have been the same, but say that the sabres pulled it out, they would have had to win a whole other game to win the cup.

All the buffalo people do is cry about it without facing reality, no respect for that part of the country, buncha whiners. :thumbsdown:

:music_guitarred:

:shocking:

Well that didn't go so well...the refs totally sucked for both teams. How is it now that a guy bleeding on a high stick is now up for interpretation? Are they going to measure blood flow now to determine the extent of the penalty? The NHL needs to treat the refs like the NFL does. If they suck, say so.

I made until the end of the game, 1:07 am. I also made it to work on time. :shocking:

Horrible refereeing, but it was the same for both teams. The one major annoyance was the constant running into Price, Wtf? They didn't call it once.

Smolinski needs to go, what a pile of dung. Dandenault can play forward and would do a much better job.

Other than that, I enjoyed the game immensely, they need to lose once in a while, keeps em grounded.

I made until the end of the game, 1:07 am. I also made it to work on time. :shocking:

Horrible refereeing, but it was the same for both teams. The one major annoyance was the constant running into Price, Wtf? They didn't call it once.

Smolinski needs to go, what a pile of dung. Dandenault can play forward and would do a much better job.

Other than that, I enjoyed the game immensely, they need to lose once in a while, keeps em grounded.

a win would have been nice.....then could have sat Price for the next game against phoenix....battle for home ice in the first round is so tight...habs could go from #2 by winning the division, to #6 in an instant.

Smokes plays two games then takes two weeks off. He looked panicked out there most of the time. Weird for a vet. I would rather they bring up Chipchura than play Dandy personally. If you're gonna go young might as well go all the way. Chips would get playoff drive experience. He was one of our best players early in the season.

Smokes plays two games then takes two weeks off. He looked panicked out there most of the time. Weird for a vet. I would rather they bring up Chipchura than play Dandy personally. If you're gonna go young might as well go all the way. Chips would get playoff drive experience. He was one of our best players early in the season.

dandenault has a lot of playoff experience from his time in detroit. he is also versatile when you could dress him as a fourth line winger as well, in case one of the D-men gets hurt during a game. Is he really playing that poorly?

dandenault has a lot of playoff experience from his time in detroit. he is also versatile when you could dress him as a fourth line winger as well, in case one of the D-men gets hurt during a game. Is he really playing that poorly?

+/- stats are prolly somewhat misleading but he is currently worst on the Habs. I just haven't seen him play big games that often but he usually does after sitting so it wouldn't hurt to try him I guess.

+/- stats are prolly somewhat misleading but he is currently worst on the Habs. I just haven't seen him play big games that often but he usually does after sitting so it wouldn't hurt to try him I guess.

yeah...they are a little misleading, but -13 isnt that horrible considering the Habs dont really have anyone lighting it up from a +/- standpoint. maybe i just have the scotty bowman mentality drilled in my head but i would prefer a veteran (at least to start) in the playoffs, especially one that can play D as well.

Either Chip or Dandenault, or just some guy off the street... has to be an improvement over Smolinksi. I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing him again for the rest of this road trip, at the very least.

Either Chip or Dandenault, or just some guy off the street...

just fyi...the red wings signed darren mccarty the other day.... :thumbsup:

just fyi...the red wings signed darren mccarty the other day.... :unsure:

That's quite the gamble. :cry: We should bring back Claude Lemieux, just in case we meet up with the Wings in the final.

That's quite the gamble. :thumbsdown: We should bring back Claude Lemieux, just in case we meet up with the Wings in the final.

for a gigantic piece of garbage, that guy really stepped it up in the playoffs.

Who is the coach now? Not that walrus dude right? :banana:

Who is the coach now? Not that walrus dude right? :unsure:

Yo, anyone know the coaches name?

bueller, buuuuuueeelller?....

Yo, anyone know the coaches name?

bueller, buuuuuueeelller?....

You guys are really scared to tell me the coaches name? :pointstosky:

For which focking team?

Seriously, in a thread titled buffalo sabres 2007-08?

Ok, here goes, who is the coach of the buffalo sabres this year?

Seriously, in a thread titled buffalo sabres 2007-08?

Ok, here goes, who is the coach of the buffalo sabres this year?

Yeah the thread title is misleading, it's a thread about the Montreal Canadiens now. :overhead:

Lindy Ruff is the Sabres coach I believe.

Yeah the thread title is misleading, it's a thread about the Montreal Canadiens now. :ninja:

Lindy Ruff is the Sabres coach I believe.

that's cool, don't pay much attention to hockey. All I know is that biffalo people are a bunch of crybabies, at least they got a different head coach than the cryin walrus.

go start your own gay canadians thread, ya gay canadians!

eh!

Nah...we'd rather just hijack this one.

FuckyouPoutine and FuckHouston, I hope everyone who lives there gets cancer.

:lol:

wonderin'

:lol:

The Walrus was in Columbus until he returned to Philly, where Andy Reid had him for Martin Luther Queen Jr. day dinner. Now the Kansas coach is going to kung fu Reid on the WaltFuckingWhitman bridge later this month.

What a clinic by the Habs against the Debils last night. Jesus Price gets first star of the night on nhl.com. Better get used to that.

How about those Laffs doing everything they can not to get a shot at Stamkos? I guess they're looking to become a sucking dynasty.

What a clinic by the Habs against the Debils last night. Jesus Price gets first star of the night on nhl.com. Better get used to that.

How about those Laffs doing everything they can not to get a shot at Stamkos? I guess they're looking to become a sucking dynasty.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Jesus was good, but putting 4 behind Brodeur was sweet. Great game, bring on the Sens!

Way to go Sabres! Drive another nail in the Laffs non-playoff coffin...

Nice game by the Habs too...

For the record:

The Flyers suck ass, and Danielle Briere has a bagina. :thumbsup:

For the record:

The Flyers suck ass, and Danielle Briere has a bagina. :dunno:

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad we didn't sign his azz in Montreal after all. Flyers can keep him.