Sign in to follow this  
LittleGiants78

Devin Hester

Anyone have the nuts to pick him up and start him next week vs DET? Griese is starting to take more shots down field. They are getting him more involved in the offense and vs DET @ home- could be a huge sneaky play this week?

Griese has only been going deep to Hester because they have been down the past few games

Not true, they used Hester on short passes vs Philly. I think they should be using him more as he cuts very quickly and is very hard to cover.

(Shotgun) 14-B.Griese pass short right to 23-D.Hester to PHI 30 for 11 yards

14-B.Griese pass short right to 23-D.Hester to CHI 32 for 9 yards

14-B.Griese pass short right to 23-D.Hester to PHI 15 for 21 yards

Risky to say the least. He's still used more as a decoy because frankly, the guy is still lost out there. Every time they break the huddle, it's "Hey Moose, where do I go?"

it is early, but i'm taking a risk with hester...way too much ability to ignore. It's not a sneaky play because usually those are more of the overlooked locks -- this is just completely risky because we don't know what he can do catching the ball. Also, Chicago had to call timeout last game because of what the last poster is talking about...he looked clueless, but at the same time, it's early so that means he should get better.

I like his match up this week as well. It seems that he is more involved in the offense now. Hester was targeted on a long pass last week that nearly connected for a TD. He is an excellent start for people with bye week issues.

4 catches 90 yards 1td

Did anyone see that catch vs Minn.?

That is the one thing that gets me; he is a guy that can score on one play. Makes the whole defense react differently. He has to be accounted for.

Considering what McNabb and Curtis did to the Lions, I would not be surprised if Griese just hits him once for a long TD.

devin hester as a wr has 5 receptions. this year. total. all games combined.

does that answer your question? i hope so.

IIRC, all of Hester's receptions last week came on the Bears final drive of the game. The one in which Chicago went 97-yards in less than 2 minutes for the win. It's not as if they used him throughout the game.

If the Bears are down, Hester probably will get some looks in the 4th Qtr. The problem with using him is that you don't know if he'll take any offensive snaps if the Bears are on top throughout the game and/or in the 4th Qtr.

With Harrison out and Branch & Engram on a BYE I thought about picking him up and starting him this week. I might still take the chance and try it, but for the time being I've grabbed Ashley Lelie and decided to go with him instead.

Unless your league counts kick return yards, I don't see how you can start him.

And even the kick returns are becoming rare. (Zero yards last week.)

devin hester as a wr has 5 receptions. this year. total. all games combined.

does that answer your question? i hope so.

i pray the people having foolish thoughts about hester's ff value read this person's wise words and heeded them :music_guitarred: