Sign in to follow this  
bytheway

Who is the backup to Tarvaris?

I need to start 2 QBs, and Romo (my QB1) is on bye. I drafted Tarvaris as my QB3, but he has a broken finger and may not play. Is Holcomb the backup in MIN? Or Bollinger?

Any insight as to the likelihood of Tarvaris playing?

Thanks.

You drafted Tarvaris Jackson? :music_guitarred:

Regrettably, yes. 10 team league, start 2 QBs, so every starting QB was drafted. And a lot of backups.

FWIW, all that's on the waiver wire are guys like Rosenfels, Dilfer, Gray. I could take a flyer on all three of Bollinger, Dilfer & Rosenfels, but it's a blind bid auction and I don't want to waste roster space & bidding dollars.

There's no way you could be that desperate.......right?

Watch Matt Schaub; if he's out, go get Rosenfels and start him with confidence!

(if not him, look for a Testeverde/Carr or even...gulp....Quinn Gray)

There's no way you could be that desperate.......right?

Watch Matt Schaub; if he's out, go get Rosenfels and start him with confidence!

(if not him, look for a Testeverde/Carr or even...gulp....Quinn Gray)

I'm pretty close to being that desperate. Testaverde and Carr are long gone. One guy (the Commish) has 8 QBs on his roster. I think I'll suggest lower roster limits for next year.

Anyway, bids are due in 40 minutes; will probably bid the minimum on Rosenfels, Gray & Holcomb.

Thanks for the input.

Why does your league start two QBs? I'm sorry, but that's just stupid IMO.

Well, it makes the QB position that much more important, and getting quality depth very difficult (as I'm now finding out).

I don't think I voted for it, but I'm not vehemently opposed to it either. Just another twist to the game.

It's pretty lame that someone is allowed to have 8 qbs on their roster. May I suggest finding a new league next season?

It's pretty lame that someone is allowed to have 8 qbs on their roster. May I suggest finding a new league next season?

Yeah, I agree fully.

I see it as the guy seeing scarcity as having great value. And I may very well see him about a trade later this week. The flip side of having 8 QBs is he only has 3 RBs (Ronnie Brown, Maroney, A-Train). So, his need at RB is greater and long term, while my need at QB is for this week only (I hope).

And, I may actually leave this league next year - I'm in 4 leagues and I'm not paying close enough attention to this one...probably because I'm 2-5. Or maybe that's whay I'm 2-5.