Sign in to follow this  
BugsyCicada

Mo Jo Drew - Rotoworld says "Major concern" - its B.S

Why do these A$$Holes at rotoworld constantly create drama with their little blurbs at the bottom of the facts...they really impact the value of players with their crap, I had a deal brewing with MJD and its dead in the water because of this...and this happens all the time..anyone else have any examples of this crap ? they are all over the map with their opinions...some 16 year old kid writing op eds at the bottom of half information he found in the news. I DIDNT EXPECT DREW TO PRACTICE AT ALL THIS WEEK, DID ANYONE ELSE???

FROM THE JAGUARS WEBSITE:

Also on the injury front, running back Maurice Jones-Drew did not practice on Wednesday. Jones-Drew sustained what is thought to be a minor knee sprain in the late stages of the loss to the Colts on Monday night. Del Rio volunteered Jones-Drew’s status as “questionable” for this Sunday’s game.

“We hope to get him back by the end of the week and that he’ll play on Sunday,” Del Rio added.

FROM THE A$$WIPE PROPOGANDISTS AT ROTOWORLD:

Jones-Drew

Maurice Jones-Drew (knee) missed Jaguars practice Wednesday.

Since it was reported that Jones-Drew has a sprained knee, this is a major concern. The Jaguars and Jones-Drew have indicated that he's not expected to miss Sunday's tilt with Tampa, but there appears to be a chance that he'll be sidelined. Fred Taylor would carry most of the load if MJD cannot play

I think they just mean major concern for this week's game, since he did not practice today.

Where is the major concern ? De Rio said he expects him to play and MJD hasnt even said a thing yet. These alarm pullers piss me off with their terrible assessments. I have read full articles of blurbs they have cut and pasted to create some story and often completely misinterpret things. I am getting a roto-lawyer...or maybe I will put a flaming bag of dung on their steps.

Where is the major concern ? De Rio said he expects him to play and MJD hasnt even said a thing yet. These alarm pullers piss me off with their terrible assessments. I have read full articles of blurbs they have cut and pasted to create some story and often completely misinterpret things. I am getting a roto-lawyer...or maybe I will put a flaming bag of dung on their steps.

I see Del Rio said he is questionable and that he "hopes" to have him back by the end of the week, I don't see anything where Del Rio expects him to play for sure.

When is everybody gonna realize that Rotoworld practices "Yellow Fantasy Football" reporting, a slight coloring or exaggeration of the facts. They put up articles they collect on their website then add their "spin" to them. When you see one, click the link to the real article and read it, then infer what you want from it, so essentially you'll be doing the same crap they are.

FWIW:

From CBSSportsline:

Jones-Drew expects to play

Maurice Jones-Drew, RB JAC

News: Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew missed practice Wednesday because of a sprained left knee, but said he expected to play this weekend at Tampa Bay. Jones-Drew injured his knee with about a minute to play in Monday night's 29-7 loss to Indianapolis. He limped off the field but tests revealed no major damage. "I'm good," he said. "There's nothing wrong. I just got hit on the knee. It's like you fall and you get cut. It'll heal. It's nothing. It'll scab up and then it'll heal. I don't understand the big deal."

Analysis: Coach Jack Del Rio said he hoped to have Jones-Drew practicing by the end of the week and available Sunday. "We think we have a good shot of getting him Sunday," Del Rio said. "We'll just see how the week goes. He's still a little sore and we'll monitor that day by day and see how it goes." Assuming he plays, Jones-Drew would be a decent No. 2 Fantasy RB. He has scored in three straight games (four total TDs).

(note: no link provided...would if i could)

I did some research and I found it in two different places: there was some lying next to the #32 jersey, and some more next to the #5 jersey as well.

You probably found this too and that's why you decided to offer up a trade at the worst possible moment. Give the other owner whom you were trading with some credit; why does he want a nicked up back on a team that's about to struggle for the next 4 weeks?

I did some research and I found it in two different places: there was some lying next to the #32 jersey, and some more next to the #5 jersey as well.

You probably found this too and that's why you decided to offer up a trade at the worst possible moment. Give the other owner whom you were trading with some credit; why does he want a nicked up back on a team that's about to struggle for the next 4 weeks?

what a D-Bag

I don't know why people read Roto-world and then report what the 12 year old using Mom's computer has to say in his analysis as news.

stop the madness

But if the "12 yr' olds" at Rotoworld wrote glowing reviews of MJD and it caused the OP to have a steal of a trade, then the Rotoworld guys are "respected experts" right ? :shocking:

I don't own MJD, in fact Taylor is on my roster......

just an fyi

I don't see anything wrong with Rotoworld saying it's a major concern given how many injuries players have had this season and how many aren't playing due to being 'nicked up'. IMO, it's just a screwed up FF year and they're hedging their bets. If MJD didn't play Sunday and they reported that there is nothing to be concerned about people would crucify them.

The Rotoworld 'article' really had that much an effect on the other owner? Did he actually cite Rotoworld as the reason he declined? If he did, then that is a tough break because you probably coulda fleeced the guy. But face it, you're not trading MJD when his value is optimal. Everything about that situation is in flux; he is dinged up. Whether he plays or not, the last image we all have is him limping into the tunnel. Also, their new QB looked horrific Monday Nite. Their offense could potentially blow until December.

Where I sit, there is reason for concern. Major might be exagerating, but convince us why anyone wouldn't think about the string of recent events (potential for injury & new, novice QB) as a reason to avoid the situation altogether.

So why are you trading him again? You've held onto him half the season, and he's been up and down. When he did produce for like 3 weeks in a row, you had him in your lineup. Right? Now there's some issues and you want to unload him but can't for that friggin' amateur @ Rotoworld. Whatever. You waited a week too long to get equal value.

Guy sounds like he's just pissed that his 'sell high' trade was disrupted by something called common sense by the other guy. I have MJD and if I didn't, I wouldn't offer much for him given the uncertainty on that team and Del Rio's philosophy right now.