vwneogeovw

WSIS? Portis @ NE, TJones vs. BUF, or Foster vs. INDY

Which RB would you start? PPR League  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose one......

• Clinton Portis @ NE
    • Thomas Jones vs. BUF
    • DeShaun Foster vs. INDY

Not great choices, I have Larry Johnson on a bye, so this is who im stuck with....which would you roll with? Currently have Portis in there, but not feeling too confident, my rationale is he is the most likely to get in the endzone. I am 3-4, having lost 4 in a row I desperately need a win. Thanks for voting. WHIR

Gotta go with Thomas jones vs Buff

Portis is going against a tough NE defense. NE will put Washington in a hole and they will be forced to pass.

Deshaun isn't a good option because he has turf toe. I bet Foster gets less than 10 carries.

I also have the option of starting both Portis and Thomas Jones, but Id have to bench one of the following WR's, Driver @ DEN, Chad Johnson vs. PITT, or Braylon Edwards @ STL. Remember this is a PPR league so really Braylon and Chad are definitely going to start. So the real question is do I bench Driver against Denver for Jones or Portis, or just stick with 3 WR's and start Portis or Jones?

Will help in return, leave link.

Jones played Buffalo earlier this year and had 7 pts. in a PPR LEAGUE! 12-35, 2-20 (In Buffalo) . Pretty horribble if you ask me, so even if Buffalo's D does suck something fierce, than Jones pretty much sucks something even fiercer. Someone tell me why Jones should start over Portis?

than Jones pretty much sucks something even fiercer. Someone tell me why Jones should start over Portis?

:bench: funny stuff...

i too voted for jones just because portis is going against such a tough matchup. portis scores on goaline carries... thats it. washington probably wont even see the redzone this week so portis is not a good play. TJ is getting more carries and this should at least be an even battle between 2 poor teams.

i am a jets fan but i have no bias toward jets players in fantasy football and i even started portis last week when he scored 2wice, i just like TJ better this week.

btw... out teams are almost identical.

qb - kitna, a. smith (just traded away garrard for ben watson)

rb - addai, edge, portis, TJ

wr - 85, edwards, jennings

te - watson

k - stover

def - minn, dal

<_<

I had to go for T. Jones vs. Buffalo, eventhough he didn't get the job done the last time, the match-up is better on paper. C. Portis couldn't really rack up yards against GB, so I doubt he can do much better against NE. Foster has a hurt toe, so no to him.

Please see both of mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=298379

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=298369

Heres the thing, the only way Washington can keep this game close is to run the ball. If they can run the ball effectively they will keep Brady off the field and shorten the game. Portis scores TD's, Jones hasnt even had 1 all year. The Skins match up pretty well in the secondary with the NE WR's. Smoot, Springs, Rogers, Taylor, and Landry are probably the best defensive backfield in the NFL. The Skins are also getting back some of their injured O-Line which should benefit Portis and the running game. Not only that but the NE defense has not been very good at stopping the run this year. I understand why people have voted more for Jones, but what has he shown this year to warrant him getting the start over Portis? His best game was against Philly, 24-130/1-11 for a total of 15 points. Granted Portis hasnt had a 100 yd. game all year, but he has 5 TD's on the year plus 14 receptions for 102 yds. In contrast TJ has 10 catches for 72 yds. and only 2 100 yd. games all year with 0 TD's. He is not consistent at all, you never know what to expect from him. Atleast Portis has been fairly consistent with a much higher upside than TJ has had so far this year. Even if Washington falls behind, Portis will be involved in the passing game, and even if he only rushes for 50 yds. but gets a TD and a few receptions, that would net me 14 points. Jones has only had more than 14 points once all year. I dont know what to do, but I just haven't heard anything compelling enough to convince me that Jones will have a better game than Portis. Yea, New England has been blowing peeps out, but they haven't faced a D as good as the Skins' so far this year. If the Skins O can be efficient and even remotely effective at moving the ball and converting 3rd downs, I see Portis having a decent game.

Anyone have any opinions on this? I will answer yours, leave a link.....

Keep this simple:

TJones has my vote.

Buffalo fiercely sucks. I think Washington will not score a rushing TD. Foster is splitting too much.

see my post (no link)

Thanks for answering mine, I answers yours up above :thumbsdown: I'm still thinking Thomas Jones is a better play against the Bills than Portis vs NE.

Anybody else have any reason why Jones is a better option over Portis? I am really stuck and at this point have no idea who is the better option. I convinced myself 5 times that Portis will have a good game and the Skins will play it close with NE, and then I go right back to playing it "safe" with Jones if that is at all possible considering how doo-doo brown he has been this year. I dunno man, Jones has just been such doo-doo brown that I cant convince myself that anything will change this week. Ive started him once all year and that was against Buffalo, :rolleyes: where he got me a grand total of 7 freakin points. The Jets O-line sucks, safeties dont respect Penningtons arm, so they crowd the box, and Jones just cant run anywhere. Atleast Portis is in an Al Saunders system that predicates itself on a strong running game. Mangina and his offense is just doo-doo brown downtown.

I voted for jones cuz i think the skins fall behind early and have to play ketchup.

Good luck

thanks for mine

Peace...

Guest ramrock11

All these votes for Thomas Jones don't make since he rushed for a killer 35 yards against them in week 4

Go with Portis