Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Most annoying mispronounced word?

Consversate seems to have made huge inroads in the black community. It's not a word and never was you dumbfocks! :unsure:

Word!

How about "Cracker ass cracker!"

Cracker ... is a word.

Consversate seems to have made huge inroads in the black community. It's not a word and never was you dumbfocks! :mad:

"Let me ax you a question while we're skrate with each other."

Dude, put down the weapon with the large wooden handle and sharp metal edge. :banana:

Oh, and while we're on the subject, what the fock's a skrimp????? :unsure:

"Let me ax you a question while we're skrate with each other."

Dude, put down the weapon with the large wooden handle and sharp metal edge. :mad:

Oh, and while we're on the subject, what the fock's a skrimp????? :banana:

:unsure:

skrimp (instead of shrimp)

sal-mon (instead of sa-mon)

I forgot about ax. I actually heard a black HS English teacher talk about her program and repeatedly say AX instead of ASK and wanted to run up on the stage, punch her in the mouf in front of the whole audience and say, "Now that I have knocked half your teef out, can you pronounce a 3 letter word correctly?" :unsure: :banana:

I forgot about ax. I actually heard a black HS English teacher talk about her program and repeatedly say AX instead of ASK and wanted to run up on the stage, punch her in the mouf in front of the whole audience and say, "Now that I have knocked half your teef out, can you pronounce a 3 letter word correctly?" :rolleyes: :mad:

Dude, there was a movement to teach this shat in school. Ebonics is absolutely ridiculous. Look, everyone has a right to a decent education, but learn proper focking grammar, for the love of money... :mad: :mad:

Dude, there was a movement to teach this shat in school. Ebonics is absolutely ridiculous. Look, everyone has a right to a decent education, but learn proper focking grammar, for the love of money... :rolleyes: :mad:

Remember that controversy well. What I thought was particularly hilarious (read ridiculous) about it was that the "word" who-zee" became a cornerstone of the ebonics and I had NO idea what it meant. When I eventually found out that it was ebonics for house, I was so shocked I could only laugh.

It was a sad laugh that the world had come to this.

Note: I will not give capitalize ebonics as I don't believe it should even exist as a word. Bad slang at best.

Remember that controversy well. What I thought was particularly hilarious (read ridiculous) about it was that the "word" who-zee" became a cornerstone of the ebonics and I had NO idea what it meant. When I eventually found out that it was ebonics for house, I was so shocked I could only laugh.

It was a sad laugh that the world had come to this.

Note: I will not give capitalize ebonics as I don't believe it should even exist as a word. Bad slang at best.

ITA, I just capitalized it 'cuz it started a sentence, and I was caught up in GF's friggin' English test.... :rolleyes:

I knew a white girl once that sad "axe me a question" and I flat out told her ... "You're the only white person I've ever met that says, 'axed'."

She was from Staten Island.

:smelly:

Fitch gets pronounced wrong too often for some reason around here.

I apparently buy alot of clothing from Abercrombie and Finch. :rolleyes:

I knew a white girl once that sad "axe me a question" and I flat out told her ... "You're the only white person I've ever met that says, 'axed'."

Lawdy, lawdy, that would have made me immediately flaccid.

Yea, that might be even more irritating than the whole ebonics thing, if that's possible.

Actually, Staten Island is kinda nice. It doesn't smell.

She was a sweetheart girl too. Moved to LA, before I left NY.

Oh yeah, curvy ... but not so chesty. I'd say 36 B. Pretty eyes though ... and a very nice kid. Like to talk to her again sometime. We had some fun times as friends.

It's a pretty rude accent. Number one for sure in NY. I'd say:

1 ) Staten Island

2 ) Da Bronx

3 ) Jersey

4 ) Boston

I mix up The Bronx and Brooklyn though. Both are really thick ... but there's a lotta pride in Brooklyn. Not so much love for Da Bronx.

That chick from the Soprano's ... the shrink ... little Bronx accent, you can hear it. Kinda Jewish ... but not like the Lower East Side Jewish.

That's what impresses people from back East .... when you can tell almost exactly where they are from by the way they talk.

Bronx and Brooklyn, hard for me to tell .... just gonna start guessing Brooklyn.

"Pacifically" instead of specifically.

Also "fustrated"..kills me!

LOL ... yeah that's like projects, ebonics.

I PACIFICLY told that child.

Thing is they SPELL IT that way too.

I remember as a kid a friend of mine made a drawing that said "Don't FRO rocks."'

Still ... "Realitter" really bugs me, because the people that say it, know it's spelled "Realtor".

It's not Realist Ate ... It's Real Estate. Right?

Its not exactly a word, but "Grand slam home run" pisses me off every time

My kid went to take the rubber band off the newspaper, and it broke, and it LITERALLY blew his entire face off!

Stuff like that.

Literally means .... what I said is EXACTLY what happend.

Like I LITERALLY think you need to be checked for involuntary commitment for psychological evaluation (a Baker Act for those Floridians out there)........ :lol:

I never hurt anybody ... that wasn't askin' for it already.

Rules is rules.

:banana: :lol: :wave:

I hit a kid in the eye once and LITERALLY ... the whole white of the his eye turned red with blood in seconds.

1 punch, bare knuckles.

I hit a kid in the eye once and LITERALLY ... the whole white of the his eye turned red with blood in seconds.

1 punch.

I could be wrong, but that COULD be construed as hurting somebody.... :lol:

Oh yeah, I was walking away thinking. "If he hits me ... I got like 10 years of Karate experience ... gonna hafta fight." ... and I spun around and whooped that gang banger punk.

Honestly? I suck as a boxer ... the spin around ... haymaker ... know a guy who killed someone with it ... and I'm not joking. Bar fight .. skinny surfer dude, spun around and put a guy out for good with 1 punch.

Honestly ... it DOES get easier to take a punch ... but there are some freak blows ... can kill anybody.

Nearing 40 ... and it only takes one punch ... to my liver ... might kill me.

No more Mescal for my old ass.

Nevah been much of a fighter, myself. I've been in a few, particularly since I've been on the job, but I try to avoid them whenever possible. Particularly with my line of work, it's just too fockin' dangerous. Every confrontation I'm in is an armed confrontation. I've learned it's easier to take a lil' time and talk the perp down than to have to fight them, hurt them, and then sit with them for hours at the hospital before you take them to jail.

And I don't get hurt that way, either.

Problem is ... street fight is a loser deal. Nobody wins.

Even when you win ... at least when I did ... I felt bad about it when I hurt somebody. Like football the idea is to kick ass ... without hurting anyone.

Never a good reason to really hurt someone ... unless it's self deense. College boy fighting is stupid.