Sign in to follow this  
MikieV101

After yesterday it's obvious

Earlier in the year, it was "he is hurt"

Then it was "they want to be careful with him, and no need to use him when they are blowing people out"

So what's the excuse yesterday?

Close game...he looked great running the ball in the first 1/2

No more Morris

I know the answer...he isn't that good..period.

They won't use him at or NEAR the goal line. They won't use him on 3rd downs. They won't use him when they are blowing people out. And now, they won't even use him in close games.

It's time to cut bait on this guy....let him be someone else's headache. I already have a guy willing to give me Jamal Lewis after his big 4 TD game yesterday for Maroney...DONE DEAL!

That was as good as Maroney has run this year. Less dancing and he ran hard. He was moving the pile.

Bottom line in that game is that Brady was feeling pressure from the outside from Freeney and Mathis all game. Kazcur and Light could not block those guys one-on-one. They need to have a back in there to chip on one side (Watson at TE on the other) to protect Brady. Faulk excels in the blocking part of the game.

In a normal game, Maroney will still be the guy. I would still see him as a buy-low guy right now, although there are a couple of matchups that could be problematic (Balt, PIT).

Faulk is pretty good at what he does. He can also make his block AND get into his route on pass plays.

He deserves his touches.

Faulk is pretty good at what he does. He can also make his block AND get into his route on pass plays.

He deserves his touches.

Footballsfuture.com has McFadden going to the Patriots in the first round next year. They have the 49'ers first round pick, so it's possible.

I don't think Maroney is an elite back. Not at all.

He deserves his touches.

Agreed. Its not that Moroney is bad, its just the Pats have a really good versitile player in Faulk at that position...blocking is just as important as being able to catch a pass in the flat on that team, and Faulk is simply too good to stay off the field at this point in his career.

has anyone seen Chad Jackson? :dunno:

Footballsfuture.com has McFadden going to the Patriots in the first round next year. They have the 49'ers first round pick, so it's possible.

I don't think Maroney is an elite back. Not at all.

highly doubt it. look at what high draft picks on maroney and chad jackson have gotten them. not much. they can plug in rb's for success and buy wr's in the off season. i'd imagine they'd go after a stud LB or DB, or maybe more OL or DL.

highly doubt it. look at what high draft picks on maroney and chad jackson have gotten them. not much. they can plug in rb's for success and buy wr's in the off season. i'd imagine they'd go after a stud LB or DB, or maybe more OL or DL.

Or a sledgehammer of a safety...reunite Merriweather with Kenny Phillips from Miami. Ouch.

Or a sledgehammer of a safety...reunite Merriweather with Kenny Phillips from Miami. Ouch.

a safety is not a DB? sorry, my mistake.

Scary thought - the 2 geniuses Belichick and Pioli took Maroney over Addai. :thumbsdown:

The Colts wanted maroney over addai as well. When the pats picked maroney the colts were disapointed. i remember hearing that Manning told Brady: "You stole our guy" right after the draft.

I doubt pats will go for a RB in 1st round next year. Look at how well Sammy Morris was running for them earlier. As was said earlier..they need LB's and DB's. They are especially getting older at LB. I would guess they pick a LB unless there is a stud DB available that they just ca'nt pass on. Another possibility is trading down with that pick. Pats like quantity over high picks. Less salary problems and more likely to find a late round gem.

The Colts wanted maroney over addai as well. When the pats picked maroney the colts were disapointed. i remember hearing that Manning told Brady: "You stole our guy" right after the draft.

I doubt pats will go for a RB in 1st round next year. Look at how well Sammy Morris was running for them earlier. As was said earlier..they need LB's and DB's. They are especially getting older at LB. I would guess they pick a LB unless there is a stud DB available that they just ca'nt pass on. Another possibility is trading down with that pick. Pats like quantity over high picks. Less salary problems and more likely to find a late round gem.

I agree. Especially considering that their defense is looking really old according to Shannon Sharpe :overhead: