Sign in to follow this  
OuttaLuck

Who else is getting killed by lack of WR production?

In one league, I went into the year at the WR position with M. Harrison, R. Williams, and Chad Johnson (resulting from a combination of a keeper player, a draft pick, and a trade). I thought I was pretty well set at that position, but recently I may as well have started the Three Stooges (couldn't even think about starting "Moe" Harrison due to injury), and then C. Johnson got blasted yesterday. It's a deep league so the waiver wire pickings are very slim, and other guys in my league know I'm becoming desperate at WR, so they want a very good RB for a #3 WR in trade proposals, or in the alternative are offering a used kleenex for one of these 3 guys, hoping to buy low. :music_guitarred: I hate those damn vulture owners (just kidding). It's beginning to look like this year I'm the bug to the windshield in this league, but I'm hanging onto these guys and hoping I can sneak into the playoffs and then get some decent production from them. Anyone else care to vent or state thoughts about these WRs, or WRs in general?

Ouch--and to think we're envious of the team with B. Engram... :thumbsup:

actullay was just looking at that, its only a ten team league and we have to pay for transactions but he is still available

actullay was just looking at that, its only a ten team league and we have to pay for transactions but he is still available

Even if D. Branch comes back and lessens the looks to Engram, I think I'd still pick up Engram. Unfortunately, in my league, I'm looking at picking up someone like L. Moore of the Saints. :thumbsup:

Steve Smith, Roy Williams and Donald Driver...

I'm surviving on Wes Welker and Lee Evans lately (traded for him).

Fock the stud WR theory. I could live with either Smith or Williams having an off week, but having both consistently is killing me. I don't use the word very much, but i fockin HATE David Carr.

I started the season with:

Harrison

S Smith

J Walker

Thought I was stacked as well.

I have sense been able to trade for Evans and Fitz, and picked up Welker off waivers. It's been saving me so far.

Not Me...

Chad :thumbsdown:

but...

TO

Braylon Edwards

Witten

:overhead:

I with you but I also have Evans, Fitz, and Williams to compliment TO, Edwards, and Witten :rolleyes:

Steve Smith, Roy Williams and Donald Driver...

I'm surviving on Wes Welker and Lee Evans lately (traded for him).

Fock the stud WR theory. I could live with either Smith or Williams having an off week, but having both consistently is killing me. I don't use the word very much, but i fockin HATE David Carr.

May I ask who you traded for Evans? I tried to trade for him last week (offered McGahee, as I have good RB depth and no more bye week problems) and received a flat "No", with no counter-offer. Arrrrrrrrggggggg.

I started the season with:

Harrison

S Smith

J Walker

Thought I was stacked as well.

I have sense been able to trade for Evans and Fitz, and picked up Welker off waivers. It's been saving me so far.

Similar to what I asked JG, what players did you give up for Evans and L. Fitzgerald? I can't seem to get any WR in a trade without giving up a top RB and the Statue of Liberty.

Sure glad I took the TD machine TO. I could care less about his off the field B.S. The boy has always been a fantasy machine and you know that Romo is smart enough to chuck it to him.

I with you but I also have Evans, Fitz, and Williams to compliment TO, Edwards, and Witten :rolleyes:

Have you made any efforts to trade some of your WR depth for a second RB? Aside from Bush (which always is a good thing... :thumbsdown:), your RBs (Green, Taylor, and Ward) don't look all that great. Just curious about trade offers and perceived value.

May I ask who you traded for Evans? I tried to trade for him last week (offered McGahee, as I have good RB depth and no more bye week problems) and received a flat "No", with no counter-offer. Arrrrrrrrggggggg.

I traded Kevin Curtis, Lamont Jordan and Dom Rhodes before week 5 for Marshawn Lynch and Lee Evans. Curtis was coming off of one of his torchings of someone and Lamont was running wild but had gotten hurt but Rhodes was coming back from suspension.

I started Evans the last 2 weeks when he blew up and paired him with Lynch this week. Unfortunately Marshawn Lynch+Lee Evans < Adrain Peterson and i still got stomped. :rolleyes:

Have you made any efforts to trade some of your WR depth for a second RB? Aside from Bush (which always is a good thing... :thumbsdown:), your RBs (Green, Taylor, and Ward) don't look all that great. Just curious about trade offers and perceived value.

Still no luck. Since RBs are in such limited supply, and we start up to 3 backs each week (10-team league), everybody wants Braylon, TO, or Fitz for players like Grant or Julius Jones. As much as I need backs to fill the whole of Ronnie Brown, that price tag is too high. I did manage to pick up Maurice Morris this weekend. I am hoping Alexander get sat for a while.

I traded Kevin Curtis, Lamont Jordan and Dom Rhodes before week 5 for Marshawn Lynch and Lee Evans. Curtis was coming off of one of his torchings of someone and Lamont was running wild but had gotten hurt but Rhodes was coming back from suspension.

I started Evans the last 2 weeks when he blew up and paired him with Lynch this week. Unfortunately Marshawn Lynch+Lee Evans < Adrain Peterson and i still got stomped. :thumbsdown:

Thanks for the response. I think you made a great deal--you just had the bad luck to run into the AD buzzsaw.

Thanks for the response. I think you made a great deal--you just had the bad luck to run into the AD buzzsaw.

It actually was the -2 that Jay Cutler put up that really hurt with Kitna sitting on my bench. When I started off 4-0 I began looking at FF playoff schedules to see who I wanted to keep, get rid of, or acquire. The guy wanted Edge but I liked his schedule, so I got him to bite on Lamont and pried Lynch off him. If I can get any kind of consistent QB+WR play my RB's are looking pretty good with Addai, Edge and Lynch.

I drafted Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, and Santana Moss

:thumbsdown:

You could say I'm getting killed

Still no luck. Since RBs are in such limited supply, and we start up to 3 backs each week (10-team league), everybody wants Braylon, TO, or Fitz for players like Grant or Julius Jones. As much as I need backs to fill the whole of Ronnie Brown, that price tag is too high. I did manage to pick up Maurice Morris this weekend. I am hoping Alexander get sat for a while.

I wouldn't trade Braylon or TO, but L. Fitzgerald hasn't been all that great this year, and AZ's offense is not exactly burning up the league. Since you can start 3RBs, could you please trade me Fitz for a RB??? (Now THIS post is the definition of desperate--trying to trade for a WR with someone who's not even in my league... :thumbsdown: )

Great topic....let me tell you what my two starting wr have done for the last 3 weeks....luckily my RB's and other players has done the job and i am now 7-2.

Plaxico=4+1

S Smith=1+1

K Cutis=5+6

So total of 18 points between my two starting WR's last three weeks....just a SUPER feeling :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

It actually was the -2 that Jay Cutler put up that really hurt with Kitna sitting on my bench. When I started off 4-0 I began looking at FF playoff schedules to see who I wanted to keep, get rid of, or acquire. The guy wanted Edge but I liked his schedule, so I got him to bite on Lamont and pried Lynch off him. If I can get any kind of consistent QB+WR play my RB's are looking pretty good with Addai, Edge and Lynch.

That's incrediby lousy luck--Kitna hadn't thrown a TD pass in a month, and Cutler appeared to have a decent match-up, so what happens? Kitna tosses 2 TDs and Cutler goes down with an injury. Remind me never to play your favorite lottery numbers. Your RBs look very good-- maybe time to take a chance and try to trade one of them along with Kitna in a package deal for a better QB? Just a thought.

Great topic....let me tell you what my two starting wr have done for the last 3 weeks....luckily my RB's and other players has done the job and i am now 7-2.

Plaxico=4+1

S Smith=1+1

K Cutis=5+6

So total of 18 points between my two starting WR's last three weeks....just a SUPER feeling :thumbsdown: :dunno:

I count myself lucky just to be at 4-5 with an outside chance at the playoffs due to our "league parity" (the NFL would love our FF league). It's actually pretty sad when I have my kicker outscore my 3 WRs combined. Ugh.

Similar to what I asked JG, what players did you give up for Evans and L. Fitzgerald? I can't seem to get any WR in a trade without giving up a top RB and the Statue of Liberty.

I traded for Evans after Week 5. He hadn't done anything yet, so at that point I gave B Leonard for him. (to the SJax owner)

Fitz I got for B Marshall and T Jones. I may have fleeced the guy in that one, but he was desperate for a RB and also has Housh, Plax and Coles at WR, so I think I got him cheep.

HTH

That's incrediby lousy luck--Kitna hadn't thrown a TD pass in a month, and Cutler appeared to have a decent match-up, so what happens? Kitna tosses 2 TDs and Cutler goes down with an injury. Remind me never to play your favorite lottery numbers. Your RBs look very good-- maybe time to take a chance and try to trade one of them along with Kitna in a package deal for a better QB? Just a thought.

Oh yeah, I've been keeping an eye on that. The Brady owner also had Derek Anderson and won't need him after next week. Also looking at Big Ben, Favre and maybe Eli. I just need somebody I know is gonna put up around 15 per game. I'm also holding Selvin Young and DeAngelo Williams as trade bait. I'm figuring a couple more Carolina losses and they'll usher in the rookie QB and maybe turn DeAngelo loose.

Look at this team, PPR league (starters in bold)

QB-KITNA, Schaub

RB-LARRY JOHNSON, CLINTON PORTIS, Thomas Jones, Deshaun Foster

WR-CHAD JOHNSON, BRAYLON EDWARDS, Donald Driver, Derrick Mason

TE-KELLEN WINSLOW

K-MATT STOVER

D/ST-TENNESEE, Minnesota

My Wr's have been my strength for most of the season. All 4 are in the top 20 with 2 being in the top 5 until this week. Needed 9 points from Driver last week, and Favre missed him wide open in the endzone, would have won my week with that TD. Then this week, Braylon dropped 2 balls, one for a TD. He and Chad combined for 18 points this week. Will lose this week unless Stover gets me 20 points. :shocking: Seems like every week I go up against the high scoring team of the week. In fact I have for the last 6 weeks in a row. My team is consistent, and puts lots of points up, I just run into a team that somehow blows up with less talented players every week. I mean I started the year off with 3 straight wins, and was averaging 140 points. Since then I have lost 6 in a row, despite being the league leader in points. Somehow this team is 3-6, pending Stover's Monday night performance. Went into last night game with a 31 point lead and Stover on Monday and my opponent had Westbrook and Witten to go. Im down by 20 at the end of the game. Westbrook has 14 catches. RIDICULOUS. Portis has 200 yds. and a TD, LJ has 100 yds and 2 TD's, Winslow has 11 catches for 125, Kitna goes for 250 2 TD's NO PICKS, Tennesee alomost shutsout Carolina and has like 7 sacks, and somehow I am probably going to lose. What a joke.

Now look at this team,

QB-VINCE YOUNG, Jason Campbell

RB-BRIAN WESTBROOK, MAURICE JONES-DREW, Chester Taylor

WR-MARQUES COLSTON, BOBBY ENGRAM, GREG JENNINGS, Deion Branch, Brandon Stokely

TE-BEN WATSON

K-KRIS BROWN

D/ST-GREEN BAY, Seattle

Somehow this team has the same reccord as my other team even though my QB's blow, my TE has been hurt, my WR's haven't been producing until the last 2 weeks, and I only have one real stud RB. I mean holy crap, Engram/Colston/Jennings combined for 84 points this week. Compared to Johnson/Driver/Edwards combining for 29 points. Its ridiculous. Im just pissed that a team like the one above, with all that talent is somehow 3-6. Next year Im joining a points league, that awards .5 pt per reception.

I have Roy Williams and Dione Branch. At least Branch is injured, but Roy has no excuse. He has been killing me the past 5 weeks. I keep sticking him in there saying to myself, "he's going to turn it around", but it just hasn't happened and because of this I am 3-6 and have lost some close games. I've been starting Williams and Donte Stallworth, but I'm about to take my chances and pick up David Patten from the waiver wire and start him along side Chris Henry this week.

I traded for Evans after Week 5. He hadn't done anything yet, so at that point I gave B Leonard for him. (to the SJax owner)

Fitz I got for B Marshall and T Jones. I may have fleeced the guy in that one, but he was desperate for a RB and also has Housh, Plax and Coles at WR, so I think I got him cheep.

HTH

Wise move on your part getting Evans for Leonard. I wish I'd even had a decent RB to offer for Evans or someone else at that point--flippin' bye weeks and injuries are nasty business. I had nothing to trade then, and now I have RB depth but noone will trade a good WR without a King's ransom. :thumbsdown:

I showed Harrison and Steve Smith the bench this week and replaced them with Stokley & Hackett and won this week. I also grabbed Evans off Waivers a few weeks back with an eye on this stretch of his schedule and he's preformed as expected and I'm back in the playoff hunt. :thumbsdown:

Look at this team, PPR league (starters in bold)

QB-KITNA, Schaub

RB-LARRY JOHNSON, CLINTON PORTIS, Thomas Jones, Deshaun Foster

WR-CHAD JOHNSON, BRAYLON EDWARDS, Donald Driver, Derrick Mason

TE-KELLEN WINSLOW

K-MATT STOVER

D/ST-TENNESEE, Minnesota

My Wr's have been my strength for most of the season. All 4 are in the top 20 with 2 being in the top 5 until this week. Needed 9 points from Driver last week, and Favre missed him wide open in the endzone, would have won my week with that TD. Then this week, Braylon dropped 2 balls, one for a TD. He and Chad combined for 18 points this week. Will lose this week unless Stover gets me 20 points. :thumbsdown: Seems like every week I go up against the high scoring team of the week. In fact I have for the last 6 weeks in a row. My team is consistent, and puts lots of points up, I just run into a team that somehow blows up with less talented players every week. I mean I started the year off with 3 straight wins, and was averaging 140 points. Since then I have lost 6 in a row, despite being the league leader in points. Somehow this team is 3-6, pending Stover's Monday night performance. Went into last night game with a 31 point lead and Stover on Monday and my opponent had Westbrook and Witten to go. Im down by 20 at the end of the game. Westbrook has 14 catches. RIDICULOUS. Portis has 200 yds. and a TD, LJ has 100 yds and 2 TD's, Winslow has 11 catches for 125, Kitna goes for 250 2 TD's NO PICKS, Tennesee alomost shutsout Carolina and has like 7 sacks, and somehow I am probably going to lose. What a joke.

Now look at this team,

QB-VINCE YOUNG, Jason Campbell

RB-BRIAN WESTBROOK, MAURICE JONES-DREW, Chester Taylor

WR-MARQUES COLSTON, BOBBY ENGRAM, GREG JENNINGS, Deion Branch, Brandon Stokely

TE-BEN WATSON

K-KRIS BROWN

D/ST-GREEN BAY, Seattle

Somehow this team has the same reccord as my other team even though my QB's blow, my TE has been hurt, my WR's haven't been producing until the last 2 weeks, and I only have one real stud RB. I mean holy crap, Engram/Colston/Jennings combined for 84 points this week. Compared to Johnson/Driver/Edwards combining for 29 points. Its ridiculous. Im just pissed that a team like the one above, with all that talent is somehow 3-6. Next year Im joining a points league, that awards .5 pt per reception.

Head to head contests/leagues can get pretty frustrating sometimes...There's a guy in one of my leagues that I've outscored for the year by a lot of points, but he's 7-2 and I'm 4-5. I'm also not all that keen on PPR leagues--my belief is that FF games should try to track somewhat the points scored/value of yardage to a team by a player, rather than award multiple points for a bunch of low-yardage catches. Oh well, at least the FF leagues help stimulate interest in games that otherwise we'd ignore? :first:

I have Roy Williams and Dione Branch. At least Branch is injured, but Roy has no excuse. He has been killing me the past 5 weeks. I keep sticking him in there saying to myself, "he's going to turn it around", but it just hasn't happened and because of this I am 3-6 and have lost some close games. I've been starting Williams and Donte Stallworth, but I'm about to take my chances and pick up David Patten from the waiver wire and start him along side Chris Henry this week.

I wish I had a shot at D. Patten....lol. At this point, I might opt to start a fire hydrant (Ok, so I wish I had MJD too) over R. Williams.

I wish I had a shot at D. Patten....lol. At this point, I might opt to start a fire hydrant (Ok, so I wish I had MJD too) over R. Williams.

Drafted

Marvin "Haven't missed a game in 8 yrs till now" Harrison

Larry "I had no idea that line is out of bounds" Fitzgerald

Roy "I'll do my best to get 3 balls for 44 yds" Williams

Deion "I've got a sprained foot for 2 months" Branch

Reggie "I'm supposed to use my hands?!" Brown.

Drafted

Marvin "Haven't missed a game in 8 yrs till now" Harrison

Larry "I had no idea that line is out of bounds" Fitzgerald

Roy "I'll do my best to get 3 balls for 44 yds" Williams

Deion "I've got a sprained foot for 2 months" Branch

Reggie "I'm supposed to use my hands?!" Brown.

Looks like you may have me beat as far as underachieving WRs, and I'd have thought that'd be hard to do. I didn't see the L. Fitzgerald play where he stepped out of bounds, but from what I've read his owners were bashing new windows into their walls with their foreheads.

I've really come to despise TEs/WRs. A couple of years ago J. Shockey dropped a "sure" TD catch--right in his chest--that would've guaranteed a win for me. On the next play, (you probably guessed it) my opponent's WR--I think it was Hilliard-- caught a TD pass, and I lost by a couple of points. I was happy about the TD as a Giants' fan, but losing that FF game and Shockey contributing to me not making the playoffs that year was a kick in the teeth.

This is why I wait on WRs ... they ride the fantasy rollercoaster weekly.

RBs and QB by far the most important thing to grab early.

I didn't draft a WR until Round 4 (SJax, Maroney, Gates - gut feeling made me go for TE here).

Who was there in the 4th? RMoss, TJ, DBranch.

And who did I find even later than that? GJennings, KCurtis, SHolmes.

You can have your SSmiths, CJohnsons, MHarrisons, DDrivers ... give me strength at other positions and I will mop up the WR sleepers later :banana:

This is why I wait on WRs ... they ride the fantasy rollercoaster weekly.

RBs and QB by far the most important thing to grab early.

I didn't draft a WR until Round 4 (SJax, Maroney, Gates - gut feeling made me go for TE here).

Who was there in the 4th? RMoss, TJ, DBranch.

And who did I find even later than that? GJennings, KCurtis, SHolmes.

You can have your SSmiths, CJohnsons, MHarrisons, DDrivers ... give me strength at other positions and I will mop up the WR sleepers later :banana:

I utilize the same approach, but my later round receivers bombed. I thought D. Henderson of the Saints might be a good late pick, given the absence of Horn and Brees' production last year. :wall: Also, Driver has been abysmal recently (not that I've started him since I have "studs" like C. Johnson and R. Williams.) Double :mad:

:raises hand: (start 3 WR league) Ocho Cinco hasn't really done much other than the week 2 game @ Clev; Javon Walker has been hurt since early in the game week 3 vs. Jax.; Stallworth was a good start for a 3 game stretch, but is clearly the 3rd or 4th option; Curry suffers from poor QB play.... Been a bad year overall, but my WRs haven't helped.

Heck, I'm thinking about picking up Antonio Cromartie and M. Vrabel, and starting them instead of my WRs. They've outscored my WR by a lot recently-- :pointstosky:

Team 1:

Drafted Chad Johnson,Steve Smith, Deion Branch, Brandon Marshall, Mike Furrey

Team 2:

Draft Roy WIlliams, Santana Moss, Donte Stallworth, Reggie Wayne, Picked up Dwayne Bowe

Awful, awful , awful. 4-5 in both leagues.

Team 1:

Drafted Chad Johnson,Steve Smith, Deion Branch, Brandon Marshall, Mike Furrey

Team 2:

Draft Roy WIlliams, Santana Moss, Donte Stallworth, Reggie Wayne, Picked up Dwayne Bowe

Awful, awful , awful. 4-5 in both leagues.

Oh MY!!!!!! (to quote a football announcer)...CJ, S. Smith, AND D. Branch?? The worst thing is that with most receivers, you can't even try to predict with any degree of accuracy their week to week performance. Wait, that's wrong--it's worse that you can't even predict whether they'll even get a point (e.g., Dwayne Bowe). A pox on them, I say.