Sign in to follow this  
Stifler

Will Brees keep up this recent pace?

Here is what you can expect from the Saints. The Saints want you to be excited. They want you to feel like this is their year. They want you to have hope. Then they want to snatch the soul right out of your body. They accomplish this in a number of ways. Their usual M.O. has been to start off strong and then fizzle out and miss the playoffs. Every now and then they'll back into the division title and get blown out in the wild card round. This year is one of their tried and true methods. They start off slow and they have everyone saying, "Same old Saints. Same old Saints." Then they put together a string of wins to make you think they have a shot at the playoffs before losing 3 out of 4 to miss the post season on the 5th tie breaker. The key here though is to incur maximum anguish is to fool everyone into thinking they are for real "this year." That will take at least a two game lead on the rest of the division.

Now their schedule from here on out is weak. It's oh so weak, but they still have to jump over Tampa Bay and Carolina. That should take until week 13. So Brees will be a good start until then. Ha. I just realized the beauty of this year's choke job. It will have the dual effect of killing everyone's fantasy playoffs this year. They've really outdone themselves this year. :slowclap:

Here is what you can expect from the Saints. The Saints want you to be excited. They want you to feel like this is their year. They want you to have hope. Then they want to snatch the soul right out of your body. They accomplish this in a number of ways. Their usual M.O. has been to start off strong and then fizzle out and miss the playoffs. Every now and then they'll back into the division title and get blown out in the wild card round. This year is one of their tried and true methods. They start off slow and they have everyone saying, "Same old Saints. Same old Saints." Then they put together a string of wins to make you think they have a shot at the playoffs before losing 3 out of 4 to miss the post season on the 5th tie breaker. The key here though to incur maximum anguish is to fool everyone into thinking they are for real "this year." That will take at least a two game lead on the rest of the division.

Now their schedule from here on out is weak. It's oh so weak, but they still have to jump over Tampa Bay and Carolina. That should take until week 13. So Brees will be a good start until then. Ha. I just realized the beauty of this year's choke job. It will have the dual effect of killing everyone's fantasy playoffs this year. They've really outdone themselves this year. :slowclap:

That is the most bitter and cynical post in the history of FFtoday. You're spiraling in front of us all, and are pretty much spot on with your assessment. Phillybear would be proud. :thumbsup:

I remember 1990. They started off slow something like 2-5 and ended up making the playoffs at 8-8. I was a boy at the time no more than 13 or so at the time. I was wathcing the wildcard game against Chicago at soldier field. They were never down much, but halfway through the 3rd quarter I said, "This game is over." My dad looked at me and said, "Son, it's not over yet. You have to have a little faith." I was young and naive, so I believed him. I cheered and cheered and cheered. I cheered my little heart out until the final whistle. My dad got up and gave me a forced smile and a half-hearted hug, and said, "Don't worry about it, kiddo. They'll get him next year." Then he said he was going to go grab a pack of cigarettes. That's the last time I ever saw my father. I still remember the blank soulessness behind his eyes. I'm glad he never came back. My dad died that day and the Saints took his life.

After that came the Bobby Hebert era (which sounds retarded when you say it out loud). And another string of disappointing playoff losses. And like 10 years of complete worthlessness. Seems to me like your dad knew when to hold 'em, and when to abandon his delusional child.

:rolleyes:

Kidding.

To answer the OP's question, I think Brees has found his stride, and will play the rest of this season much like he did last year and for the last 4 games this year...smart, quick decisions...and they don't seem to be running as well w/o Deuce, so maybe several more games where the pass is heavily used. Some guy in one of my leagues dropped him after Week 5, and I thought it was too soon to label someone with his track record a "bust" and toss him on the scrap heap. He's a good QB, just got psyched-out early this year. Too much preseason hype, maybe.

Do you think Brees continues this new found pace or will he revert back to his early season self?

Slef, I think u mean un-self. He will be solid the rest of the way.

Hope he takes a week off first, I play him next week. 4 way tie for my division and I need a win!! :banana:

Seems to me like your dad knew when to hold 'em, and when to abandon his delusional child.

The Saints are my daddy now. :banana:

The Saints main problem in the first 4 games was the o-line and no protection. This problem seems to have been fixed for now. They are moving the ball at will now. Now that Brees has time, watch out. If they win this week, playoffs. This aint yo grand-daddy's Aints'

FWIW: One of the most unsung causes for the Saints recent hot streak has been the play of Goodwin, who is filling in at center for Jeff Faine. He's a much more physical guy and has been helping absorb the middle of opposing defensive lines, so much so that there's been alot of talk about him holding the job even after Faine comes back from injury. The center spot gets taken for granted sometimes, but since he's been starting we've gone 4-0 with no sacks.

I know correlation doesn't necessarily indicate causation, but it doesn't rule it out either.