Sign in to follow this  
nycbadger

Kevin Jones

I am curious to hear what KJ is worht on a trade?

There are so few RB's out there, I'm interested to hear what similar value would be at other positions.

Interesting offer.

Is he of equal value to Burress straight up?

I think he's worth more than Burress, but every trade depends on your teams' needs. If you have a hole at WR and KJ is your #3 RB, then trading him for Burress makes sense. If you're loaded at WR, then his value changes. It all depends on your team.

Jello, I am loaded at WR TJ, Wayne, Burres, Megatron.

I was discussing a trade for KJ (my rbs are gore and mjd)

I was offering Burress straight up...he countered asking for Eli/Megatron (I have romo as a starter).

Do i lose depth and get kj for eli/megatron or just give up burress for kj?

Jello, I am loaded at WR TJ, Wayne, Burres, Megatron.

I was discussing a trade for KJ (my rbs are gore and mjd)

I was offering Burress straight up...he countered asking for Eli/Megatron (I have romo as a starter).

Do i lose depth and get kj for eli/megatron or just give up burress for kj?

I would do that so fast his head would spin, especially with the RBs you have. That's a steal.

I was offered Anquan Boldin for KJ. I desperately need WR help, but i don't think that is enough. I countered with KJ and Derrick Mason for TO and Boldin, but doubt he will go for it. Although, he is deep at WR and in serious need of a RB, so who knows...

Am considering dealing KJones (have B Jacobs, Addai and Jamal Lewis at RB as well).

So far I've been getting offers off

KJones + McNabb for Romo, Kenton Keith

KJones + KCurtis or Branch for Steve Smith

etc

Nothing great IMO yet (although I might deal KJones + WR for Romo/Keith).

I was just offered Shockey for KJ which I turned down and countered with KJ and S. Smith for Housh. I'm tired of waiting for Smith to produce and I've got a stable of rbs. I don't know if I'm giving up too much for Housh or if the guy will laugh in my face. He definitely needs rb help.

Ive got KJ as my 3rd RB in a ppr league (behind AD and Westbrook).

We do things differentlyin our league with starters, you start 5 "skill players" (combo of RBs, WRs, TEs) in one of 7 "formations". The only formation that allows 3rbs (the rest are 2rb or 1rb and other combos of WRs/TEs) is the 3RB, 1WR, 1TE formation (or 3RB 2TE, but thats silly :rolleyes:).

I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER about KJ as my 3rd with the setup I listed. My WR is Wayne, and TE is Gates, so that helps that KJ is my "sleeper starter".

But in PPR, he is a nice play. If he can stay healthy, he only gets better. The Lions are looking up too, so that helps.

I intentionally didnt trade KJ (after I traded for him early) as I built my "playoff run team" because I believe his "percevied value" has been/still is much lower then his real value will be this year (again, assuming good health).

Honestly, im hoping he turns out to be a top 10 back for the weeks he starts this season...and I dont think he will get that kinda markup in the open market.

Ended up dealing KJ for Romo straight up.

I had McNabb/KClemens and just don't trust McNabb (or his schedule).

My other backs are Addai and BJacobs so KJones was kind of expendable. Although it's a PPR league and Jones is arguably better than Jacobs, I don't really care for DET's upcoming schedule (ARI, NYG, GNB, Minn, Dallas, @SD) and Romo was too good to pass up. It's a gambe but I'll take it.

I got Colston and KJ for Jacobs. :doublethumbsup:

wow nice deal.

How long ago did you pull that off?

I'm loving Jacobs right now, but I get nervous everytime he touches the ball. KJ has been super-productive, and Colston is really stepping up for New Orleans right now.

I would probably say that KJ and Jacobs are pretty even right now - added in with Colston is borderline rape!

kj owner here......lookin for some of that 6-34 rec action again....kitna threw some deep over the middle passes to him last week.....stay tuned.....

wow nice deal.

How long ago did you pull that off?

I'm loving Jacobs right now, but I get nervous everytime he touches the ball. KJ has been super-productive, and Colston is really stepping up for New Orleans right now.

I would probably say that KJ and Jacobs are pretty even right now - added in with Colston is borderline rape!

Two weeks ago. Right after Jacobs hit peak value I got rid of him and his injury risk. Don't need that come playoff time and I figured at least one of the two I got in the deal will be able to help me somewhere along the line. I had no idea Colston was going to break out again like he has. That's just an added bonus. :pointstosky:

I just dealt KJ for Big Ben straight up. My other qbs were Bulger, and Warner, and my backs are R. Bush, B. Jacobs, and S. Jax, I also have Fargas and Fred T. on the bench. I upgraded at qb, and still have rb depth on the bench.

As the original poster, I'm very glad to see KJ worth getting as much pub as it is.

Right now, looks like I'm getting KJ and dealing Plax..he wont go for Eli/Megatron for KJ.

With Gore/MJD as RB's and Wayne/TJ Housh/Plax/Megatron as WR's would anybody be cautious trading away Plax for KJ?

now have 2 lions on team KJ/Megatron...

As the original poster, I'm very glad to see KJ worth getting as much pub as it is.

Right now, looks like I'm getting KJ and dealing Plax..he wont go for Eli/Megatron for KJ.

With Gore/MJD as RB's and Wayne/TJ Housh/Plax/Megatron as WR's would anybody be cautious trading away Plax for KJ?

now have 2 lions on team KJ/Megatron...

I thought he countered with Eli/ Megatron?

He did, but that was apparently dependent on a trade he had for Eli that fell through.

So trade out ther is: I get KJ and give up Plaxico

Do i jump on this? with MJD/Gore as RBs and TJHoush/Wayne/Megatron as remaining WR's?

Two weeks ago. Right after Jacobs hit peak value I got rid of him and his injury risk.

That's a presumptuous statement. You have no idea if and when he'll hit peak value. He's just starting to find his rythym. If he gets hurt this week, you made a great trade. If he continues to improve, you dealt away a monster back who would have gotten you monster RB1 numbers.

I trade KJ and Brees and got Brady.

My starters (12 team league) now are: Brady, Addai, Westbrook, Housh, Plaxico, V. Davis, Hanson and Colts D.

I was just offered T.J. Hoosh for Kevin Jones.... kid is really hurtin at RB with Alexander and LaMont as his main two guys... I'm pretty stacked at RB with Peterson, McGahee, K. Jones, Jamal, Fargas...., so I'm in a hard debate here....

Only difference is my league is a 100% dynasty league (keep everyone 40 man rosters IDP) and trading a Young Rb like Jones may come back to haunt you in the future... it's always nice to hoard RB's, but adding Hoosh to my Wr corps would put me over the top in my league.... Palmer, AD, McGahee, Randy, Chad & Hoosh.... that would give me a chubby for sure... :overhead:

I'm TORN !!!!!!!!!!! :overhead:

That's a presumptuous statement. You have no idea if and when he'll hit peak value. He's just starting to find his rythym. If he gets hurt this week, you made a great trade. If he continues to improve, you dealt away a monster back who would have gotten you monster RB1 numbers.

You're actually right. It was presumptuous. What I meant, but was too lazy to type, was that I traded him after he came back from his injury looking great (peak value at the time for a guy who had been hurt and was seen as an injury risk.) for players I hoped would be solid for me and add depth for the stretch run. I already have RB1 numbers so if nothing else the Colston performance at my WR spot makes Jacobs a bit more expendable.

also, everything on this board is presumptuous isn't it? :overhead:

I traded Marvin Harrison before last week for KJ. I was sick of watching Marvin on the bench. I think he's done.

You're actually right. It was presumptuous. What I meant, but was too lazy to type, was that I traded him after he came back from his injury looking great (peak value at the time for a guy who had been hurt and was seen as an injury risk.) for players I hoped would be solid for me and add depth for the stretch run. I already have RB1 numbers so if nothing else the Colston performance at my WR spot makes Jacobs a bit more expendable.

also, everything on this board is presumptuous isn't it? :dunno:

I wasn't criticizing your trade, I think you made a good one. I was just questyioning your use of the term "when he was at his peak". I understand what you were implying now. :dunno:

Two weeks ago. Right after Jacobs hit peak value I got rid of him and his injury risk. Don't need that come playoff time and I figured at least one of the two I got in the deal will be able to help me somewhere along the line. I had no idea Colston was going to break out again like he has. That's just an added bonus. :dunno:

No offense, but you play with morons.

I would get laughed at !

I offered Steve Smith for Kevin Jones straight up to a guy who has KJ, Jacobs, and Bush and he starts DJax at WR.

Trade was rejected :first:

That's probably because it is a bad trade for him? Smith sucks and KJ looks to be rounding into shape while the Lions are using more balance on O.

KJ is a very good player the rest of the way.