Sign in to follow this  
hedgehog

The new Texas A&M coach

RC Slocum!!! Only an aggie would fire a coach that did so well with so little!!!!!!

A number of years ago, a kid who grew up in the house behind mine growin up, got a scholarship to be a place kicker for the aggies under Slocum, he was 4 years younger than me so he was always kind of a tag along. Slocum let him kickoff on one of the first games of the year. He died in practice the following week, autopsy showed an enlarged heart, which kinda made sense since this kid was one of the nicest you would meet.

Slocum was very endearing to my friend's parents. I personally never understood why the ags had a problem with him. Even had t-shirts saying," fire RC". :doh:

Be careful what you ask for ags.

kubiak would be solid choice, an aggies wetdream. if kubiak were smart, he would go for it, see saban.

Okay, so RC dominated the southwest conference with Baylor, TT, TCU, SMU, and even t.u. for a few years...all power house teams! Seriously, how many OFFENSIVE players were drafted from A&M. We never had the drive for it as RC was a defensive-minded coach (kind of like the Jags). If he could've got it right on the both sides he could have dominated but times change and his conservative approach wasn't competitive anymore. Of course this was way back when...

ETA: Gary Kubiak...I don't think the ags lack coaching but rather personnel. And that begins with the right talent scouts and recruiting...

call me crazy...

Gary Kubiak

You are crazy.

There is no way the head coach of an NFL team is going to voluntarily step down to go to A&M...even if he is an Ag himself. I don't think the "fish camp brainwashing techniques" still have control over Kubiak. Y'all need to be looking for a hot-shot coordinator waiting to make his mark.

You are crazy.

There is no way the head coach of an NFL team is going to voluntarily step down to go to A&M...even if he is an Ag himself. I don't think the "fish camp brainwashing techniques" still have control over Kubiak. Y'all need to be looking for a hot-shot coordinator waiting to make his mark.

Acreed.

I'm not even that big an Aggie fan but my stomach turned in 2003 when they hired Coach Fran. I despised what he did at Alabama, essentially recruiting kids despite the impending NCAA sanctions looming against them, the bailing after his A&M interview and never even going back to talk to the kids he recruited. It was one of the more chicken-sh!t moves I've seen short of anything with "Saban" in it. Franchione is a doosch and deserves to be canned and I sincerely hope he doesn't get a job again until his extremely over-inflated ego goes flacid and he becomes more humble.

Aggie homers, is the talk about Tuberville false then? I'm an Auburn Alum in Virginia and don't hear alot about it.....He is a great guy/coach and an awesome recruiter

I'm a big-time Aggie.

The reason they got rid of RC was because he had one "bad" season....9-4 or something? LOL! I think the beef with RC was lack of an offensive prowess that could compete with the big boys and lack of national titles. But man did he ever know how to put a top notch defense on the field and beat down everyone, except for the top dogs!

My stomach turned too when they hired Fran. He basically turned A&M's defense into Pac-10 style defense that allows 40+ points a game...a non-existent defense (although the Pac-10 is really coming around these days, so that analogy is not as valid as it was a few years back).

There is no way Kubiak quits the NFL to go coach the Ags...at least not in the foreseeable future.

I think the talk about Tuberville is valid...it leaked out and they are trying to cover it up until the end of the season, IMO.

Major Applewhite would be a nice hire, and the Aggies have the money to pay him. I honestly think they will ring up Davie, but they need someone who can recruit and coach on the offensive side of the ball.

That school deserves a winner, but the offense is stuck in the 80's

Major Applewhite would be a nice hire, and the Aggies have the money to pay him. I honestly think they will ring up Davie, but they need someone who can recruit and coach on the offensive side of the ball.

Major would be crazy to want to coach in the arm pit of Texas college station!!!!!

Aggie homers, is the talk about Tuberville false then? I'm an Auburn Alum in Virginia and don't hear alot about it.....He is a great guy/coach and an awesome recruiter

If Tubbs doesn`t leave Aubarn now, the way Saban is recruiting, in a year or two he`ll wish he had.

Curious, what has a&m done to "deserve" a winner?

That's what I can't stand about alot of aggies (not all of them). They have this self-imposed image that they somehow deserve a National Championship. Based on what? A few good years in the late 80's and early 90's? Just because they sell out every game does not mean they deserve a championship anymore than the next team.

I swear I've never heard so many aggies say they are completely OUT on a&m football if Fran is back next year. They like to rag on Tech or UT or Oklahomo or any other schools fans for not being as rabid, but in the end, they are just as wishy washy as every other team's fans.