Sign in to follow this  
Cleaver08

NFL Network

I seriously don't understand why people don't purchase DirectTV. It is the best satellite option and has great prices. I am set up with 200 plus channels, including NFL Network, HBO and anything else a person would want. For the people that think NFL Network is not worth the money, you probably haven't watched the channel. It offers great games, and NFL Total Access is worth the cost by itself. The league is trying to gain more control over distribution of its games. The obvious method is by cutting out the middle man and broadcasting the games on its own network. This will make the league more profitable and allow them to keep more revenue. It makes complete sense, if you have a popular product like the NFL. I thought cable was fading away and giving way to satellite and yet there are people who still pay high prices to the Comcasts of the world. I am glad this game is on NFL Network, and hope it encourages people to call their cable company and scream at them. This is indeed about money when you get to the bottom of it. However, the cable companies need to realize the NFL has all the bargaining chips here and if they want to keep pissing off NFL fans then keep this battle going. The cable companies do not mind charging people for channels in Spanish, and they also seem to think everyone wants to pay for the women's networks. They seem to want to draw the line with the NFL Network. That has to be tiered in their minds, because they don't want everyone paying for it. A simple solution would be for them to do everything a la carte, but they don't want to give people that option. Either way, if you are missing the game then you are a casualty of this war. I recommend DirectTV! :music_guitarred:

Funny thing is... As highly popular as the NFL is, way more than half of the public can give two sh..ts about it. They have more important things in their lives, like putting food on the table and gas in the tank.

Screw off NFL. From all the TV revenues you receive, you should be sitting pretty.

Funny thing is... As highly popular as the NFL is, way more than half of the public can give two sh..ts about it. They have more important things in their lives, like putting food on the table and gas in the tank.

Screw off NFL. From all the TV revenues you receive, you should be sitting pretty.

Food and Gas is not more important than football. Are you talking about poor people? :music_guitarred:

So many personal attacks from a uneducated moron! Enjoy not watching the game tomorrow! It sucks to be a cheap NFL fan. Poor baby, you can't get NFL Network and are mad at the NFL. You really like that movies on demand thing. That is all you talk about here. Movies on demand, I want movies on demand! That is all you can say! Let me break it down for you. You are the fan the NFL does not want, since you are whiny and cheap. You can't afford $5? Maybe you should watch soccer instead! :music_guitarred:

Pimptaddy, I'm not sure if I want to respond to you or not, but calling people who lay out educated arguments against you an "uneducated moron" makes you more of an "uneducated moron." I think the purpose of this thread is whether people want to pay $5 a month more (as you say, but if more of you buy into it, it will be more). Let them make the decision, not the NFL, not the cable companies.

I hate the cable companies as much as anyone else, but let us make the decision. Go back in your cave, jerk off to the mirror and then come back.

Pimptaddy, I'm not sure if I want to respond to you or not, but calling people who lay out uneducated arguments against you an "uneducated moron" makes you more of a "genius" I think the purpose of this thread is whether people want to pay $5 a month or be cheap losers. Let the NFL make the decision and the cheap people can go without football.

I hate the cable companies as much as anyone else, but the NFL is right. Go back in your cave, jerk off to the mirror while I think about you pimp.

Fixed!

Time Warner Cable does not offer it at all, as they want to put it on a pay-teir, which I think is fair, but the NFL won't let them. Seems to me if you put it on a pay-teir, those that want it can pony up, and those that don't save the $.

Not every cable company is like that. I have to pay the extra $5 a month for NFLN. It's just your cable company. As far as your Padres, whatever channel it is that shows those games should be on satellite too, if you get the local channels.

Just a thought...if you have cable internet, and decide to go satellite, you may not have to worry about the extra $5 a month for local channels through satellite because the cable companies have not yet figured out how to separate cable TV from cable internet (or vice versa), meaning they can't shut off the very basic channels you get if you at least subscribe to cable internet. Then you can apply that $5 in savings to the sports tier on satellite that contains the NFLN.

The only reason that you dont have NFL Network, regardless of your programming provider, is because you choose not to pay for it.

There is no "law" stating that just because a sporting event occurs it must be available to all television viewers.

Quit yer b!tchin and pony up the $5/month (or whatever it is) for the sports pack if you want to watch the game at home.

Your post is ignorant. You shouldn't comment on things that you aren't knowledgeable about.

Time Warner Cable doesn't carry the NFL Network and TWC is the only cable provider for half the country, like everyone in NC, including myself, we can't get the NFL Network unless we switch to Direct TV. I went to switch to Direct TV last year when we went through this same crap and I found out that they didn't offer local channels in Wilmington, NC. They have local channels now, but not in HD. So it's not worth switching to Direct TV to watch ten or so games on the NFL Network when I can't watch every other game on Sunday in HD on my plasma.

I hate Time Warner cable. I pay $85 for cable and I don't subscribe to any of the sports or movie packages. There prices have gone up twenty dollars this year and the added two HD channels to their lineup, MTV and ESPN 2. I just get the normal 100 or so channels. In the last couple months we got ESPNU for the first time. I pay for the HD tier which is about $7 a month and it comes with maybe 12 channels in HD that are worth a damn and that's including ESPN one and two.

The second Direct TV gets local channels in HD I will be switching and telling TWC to shove it. They just keep raising their prices and taking away programming. They have one of the biggest monopolies in the country right now and the worst customer service on the planet. That's why they won't carry the NFL Network.

Not every cable company is like that. I have to pay the extra $5 a month for NFLN. It's just your cable company. As far as your Padres, whatever channel it is that shows those games should be on satellite too, if you get the local channels.

Just a thought...if you have cable internet, and decide to go satellite, you may not have to worry about the extra $5 a month for local channels through satellite because the cable companies have not yet figured out how to separate cable TV from cable internet (or vice versa), meaning they can't shut off the very basic channels you get if you at least subscribe to cable internet. Then you can apply that $5 in savings to the sports tier on satellite that contains the NFLN.

This is not true...the Padres only come on cable, it is an exclusive deal here in San Diego, and it sucks. If I switch to satelite, I do not get the Padre games. If I stay with cable, I do not get the NFL network. I want both, and can only get both if I subscribe to both, which I am not going to do.

Your post is ignorant. You shouldn't comment on things that you aren't knowledgeable about.

Time Warner Cable doesn't carry the NFL Network and TWC is the only cable provider for half the country, like everyone in NC, including myself, we can't get the NFL Network unless we switch to Direct TV. I went to switch to Direct TV last year when we went through this same crap and I found out that they didn't offer local channels in Wilmington, NC. They have local channels now, but not in HD. So it's not worth switching to Direct TV to watch ten or so games on the NFL Network when I can't watch every other game on Sunday in HD on my plasma.

I hate Time Warner cable. I pay $85 for cable and I don't subscribe to any of the sports or movie packages. There prices have gone up twenty dollars this year and the added two HD channels to their lineup, MTV and ESPN 2. I just get the normal 100 or so channels. In the last couple months we got ESPNU for the first time. I pay for the HD tier which is about $7 a month and it comes with maybe 12 channels in HD that are worth a damn and that's including ESPN one and two.

The second Direct TV gets local channels in HD I will be switching and telling TWC to shove it. They just keep raising their prices and taking away programming. They have one of the biggest monopolies in the country right now and the worst customer service on the planet. That's why they won't carry the NFL Network.

Someone who can't afford $5 is calling another person ignorant. :music_guitarred:

So many personal attacks from a uneducated moron! Enjoy not watching the game tomorrow! It sucks to be a cheap NFL fan. Poor baby, you can't get NFL Network and are mad at the NFL. You really like that movies on demand thing. That is all you talk about here. Movies on demand, I want movies on demand! That is all you can say! Let me break it down for you. You are the fan the NFL does not want, since you are whiny and cheap. You can't afford $5? Maybe you should watch soccer instead! :music_guitarred:

Hypocrisy...shocking.

Not all cable providers offer it for $5 which is the freakin problem that people are discussion.

Talk about uneducated...you have proven you know nothing of the topic you are trying to discuss.

Hypocrisy...shocking.

Not all cable providers offer it for $5 which is the freakin problem that people are discussion.

Talk about uneducated...you have proven you know nothing of the topic you are trying to discuss.

Purchase DirectTV then! :music_guitarred: Cheap people are whining here and it is amusing.

Purchase DirectTV then! :music_guitarred: Cheap people are whining here and it is amusing.

None of what is going on here is about being cheap...

And Direct is not for everyone.

Though, probably switching to it after Christmas.

None of what is going on here is about being cheap...

And Direct is not for everyone.

Though, probably switching to it after Christmas.

You should switch, it is a great deal. :music_guitarred:

You should switch, it is a great deal. :bandana:

My Brother in law just switched after buying a new TV.

Just too much to do right now to deal with the installation before Christmas.

You can buy an antenna to pickup the local HD channels for about $35. I did that and got more than just the local channels I was supposed to get. Pretty sweet, really.

Someone who can't afford $5 is calling another person ignorant. :banana:

Time Warner Cable and Cablevision (the largest cable providers in the Country) were not given the option of making the NFL Network a premium channel. I have Cablevison. I would gladly pay the $5 a month for NFL Network, but do not have that option It is not offered becuase the NFL Netwrok will not supply their channel unless its part of the basic package. Get it?

Time Warner Cable and Cablevision (the largest cable providers in the Country) were not given the option of making the NFL Network a premium channel. I have Cablevison. I would gladly pay the $5 a month for NFL Network, but do not have that option It is not offered becuase the NFL Netwrok will not supply their channel unless its part of the basic package. Get it?

:banana: DirectTV :D

LOL! Leave it to Rome to chime in.

He said something along the lines of...

"the NFL shouldn't expect the fans to go to that bunk website they set up for the fans to bang on the cable companies...it's not about the cable companies, it's about the NFL jacking their fans. This is one of the most important games of the season and millions of fans are not going to be able to see it. Sure, I could probably take about five or six of you all at my home tonight, but the other fifty million of you are on your own".

Classic! :wall:

Just contacted Comcast and added the sports package for $1.99/month for 6 months...then it rolls to $5/month.

I cancel it after 2 months. so I pay $4 for the remaining games...not all that bad.

Someone who can't afford $5 is calling another person ignorant. :shocking:

Not only are you ignorant, you're illiterate as well. Read the post again before you comment. Incase you have vision issues as well...

Time Warner DOESN’T CARRY THE NFL NETWORK.

You can buy an antenna to pickup the local HD channels for about $35. I did that and got more than just the local channels I was supposed to get. Pretty sweet, really.

I've explored this option; my friend purchased a very expensive OTA HD receiver and only got two stations. The local CBS and ABC stations in Wilmington haven't updated their over the air HD equipment, so those channels don't come in hardly at all in my area.

Direct TV said they will have local stations in HD by 2008, I hope they keep their word, because I'm ready to leave TWC. I would even gladly pay more money to get rid of TWC, but I think Direct TV is less expensive.

:angry: DirectTV :cry:

do you get commissions for direct tv sales? :overhead:

ive had a dish since the 90s...i loved my big dish..

direct tv has been a major disappointment in my eyes..anyone who had a big dish knows what i mean...

for me..i live 3 miles from the bay of gb...the snow..coupled with the wind..and direct tv was constantly out or threatening to do so...

can i go to the weather channel to check on the weather? no..its only satellite looks at the entire usa..you never got local weather..why would i care about the radar for the dallas metroplex?...partly sunny with a 100% chance of illegals moving in...yeah, i get it already....

im going to switch back from cable to direct tv once baseball starts..but not now..it isnt worth settling in on a cold saturday night and missing hockey over..

if i want to watch one of the (usually) awful games on thursdays..i can always go out...other nfl network shows are shown in syndication here..i watch it later in the week for free... :shocking:

I'll just stream it for free on my PC; that's what I always do when the games are on NFLN.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

No downloads required, just click and play.

Can anybody help?

I have the page up but don't see a link to the game.

Can anybody help?

I have the page up but don't see a link to the game.

Same problem. Tried to refesh and now the site wont load. :cry:

do you get commissions for direct tv sales? :overhead:

ive had a dish since the 90s...i loved my big dish..

direct tv has been a major disappointment in my eyes..anyone who had a big dish knows what i mean...

for me..i live 3 miles from the bay of gb...the snow..coupled with the wind..and direct tv was constantly out or threatening to do so...

can i go to the weather channel to check on the weather? no..its only satellite looks at the entire usa..you never got local weather..why would i care about the radar for the dallas metroplex?...partly sunny with a 100% chance of illegals moving in...yeah, i get it already....

im going to switch back from cable to direct tv once baseball starts..but not now..it isnt worth settling in on a cold saturday night and missing hockey over..

if i want to watch one of the (usually) awful games on thursdays..i can always go out...other nfl network shows are shown in syndication here..i watch it later in the week for free... :pointstosky:

Yeah, I get paid for signing up people from this site. :music_guitarred: