Sign in to follow this  
Youngblood

Fast Willie Parker.....where did he go?

The only thing he's doing "FAST" anymore is knocking me out of playoff contention. Last night I got to sit and watch my team's two biggest frustrations as he and Palmer played like mule dung.

These two guys, who were 2 of my first 3 picks, have definitely lost their "stud" reference and I'll be sitting them both, even though Palmer plays StL next week. I'm lucky I even have a shot at the playoffs with these two slugs taking up starting spots all season.

Since when did Pittsburgh become such a passing team? I guess since they found out Willie Parker can't do it without The Bus. Last year's mirage of 16 TDs was a fluke, but it suckered me into drafting him.

Guest cklennon
The only thing he's doing "FAST" anymore is knocking me out of playoff contention. Last night I got to sit and watch my team's two biggest frustrations as he and Palmer played like mule dung.

These two guys, who were 2 of my first 3 picks, have definitely lost their "stud" reference and I'll be sitting them both, even though Palmer plays StL next week. I'm lucky I even have a shot at the playoffs with these two slugs taking up starting spots all season.

Since when did Pittsburgh become such a passing team? I guess since they found out Willie Parker can't do it without The Bus. Last year's mirage of 16 TDs was a fluke, but it suckered me into drafting him.

Hey, at least your two first round picks weren't Ronnie Brown and Rudi Johnson :overhead:

:bandana:

You can have Emmitt back there behind that line and even he wouldn't do much. Willie is still Willie. The "O" line....that's another story. It's past pathetic.

Also, it was widely reported before the season that the Steelers were going to be more of a pass offense. They had said that before, but Cowher was the coach then. They not only said it this year....they meant it, under Tomlin.

You can have Emmitt back there behind that line and even he wouldn't do much. Willie is still Willie. The "O" line....that's another story. It's past pathetic.

Also, it was widely reported before the season that the Steelers were going to be more of a pass offense. They had said that before, but Cowher was the coach then. They not only said it this year....they meant it, under Tomlin.

Parker has got more carries than any RB in the NFL, they are not trying to be a pass offense, it's the only thing they are good at and they are only good at that cause Ben keeps plays alive when most QBs would be getting sacked.

That oline is horrible. And it doesn't help he is fast Willie and they have played on garbage fields 4 out of the last 5 games. And it's because of that it appears they no longer will let him run an off tackle play and everything has to be up the gut.

I sat Willie Parker yesterday in favor of Justin Fargas and Earnest Graham. I got tired of him running into the back of an O-lineman on first and second downs and then getting pulled out of the game on 3rd downs and in goal line situations.

So while he gets a lot of carries, his fantasy production has been crap. I laugh each week when the "experts" rank him in the top 5 backs to play.. clearly they haven't been watching his production closely.

I sat Willie Parker yesterday in favor of Justin Fargas and Earnest Graham. I got tired of him running into the back of an O-lineman on first and second downs and then getting pulled out of the game on 3rd downs and in goal line situations.

So while he gets a lot of carries, his fantasy production has been crap. I laugh each week when the "experts" rank him in the top 5 backs to play.. clearly they haven't been watching his production closely.

I wouldn't say crap, even on bad nights he gets around 10 pts. If we could just get a TD every other game he would be great quality fantasy back.

Unfortunately, the line makes running around the goalline useless. And Ben's ability to run around at the goalline makes passing the best option.

If Henry doesn't get suspended, I will probably play him the rest of the year.

I wouldn't say crap, even on bad nights he gets around 10 pts. If we could just get a TD every other game he would be great quality fantasy back.

Unfortunately, the line makes running around the goalline useless. And Ben's ability to run around at the goalline makes passing the best option.

If Henry doesn't get suspended, I will probably play him the rest of the year.

Maybe I'm just disappointed with him.. in my league here are his numbers over the last 3 weeks...

6.6 (last night) , 9.4, 5.2

That's not going to cut it for a RB1..

Maybe I'm just disappointed with him.. in my league here are his numbers over the last 3 weeks...

6.6 (last night) , 9.4, 5.2

That's not going to cut it for a RB1..

I don't get penalized for turnovers....so he ended with just over 10 pts. Not great, but you get 100 yards combined from a RB you have to be satisfied a little.

I don't get penalized for turnovers....so he ended with just over 10 pts. Not great, but you get 100 yards combined from a RB you have to be satisfied a little.

Should have included this in my earliest post.. here's my frame of reference..

Scoring for my other RB studs over the last 3 weeks

Fargas:

25.4 (yesterday), 24.7, 10.4

Graham:

25.8 (yesterday), 15.4, 19.3

Should have included this in my earliest post.. here's my frame of reference..

Scoring for my other RB studs over the last 3 weeks

Fargas:

25.4 (yesterday), 24.7, 10.4

Graham:

25.8 (yesterday), 15.4, 19.3

Parker is no longer considered a stud, as most first round picks this year outside of LT, Westy and Sjax (who didn't help owners for half the season).

Parker has got more carries than any RB in the NFL, they are not trying to be a pass offense, it's the only thing they are good at and they are only good at that cause Ben keeps plays alive when most QBs would be getting sacked.

I meant in the red zone, thought people would realize that. My mistake.

:dunno:

there has never been a less productive ff running back with the amount of touches and yards he has, he is worthless in PPR. he's been on my bench for 4+ weeks in favor of kenny watson and jamal lewis depending on the matchup, really I would have been better off if he just got hurt like the other first round RBs.

As a Steelers fan, I've never been convinced about Willie Parker. In fact, I'd like to move that we vote to change his name from "Fast Willie" to "Fumble Willie" or "Four Yard Willie" or "Forget about Me Catching any Passes Willie" or possibly "Allergic to the Endzone Willie"...

How can anyone blame Willie for his lack of TD's or receptions? Last I checked, it was the "O" coordinator calling the plays.

:doublethumbsup:

How can anyone blame Willie for his lack of TD's or receptions? Last I checked, it was the "O" coordinator calling the plays.

:doublethumbsup:

I can't even remember the last time they even let him touch the ball inside the 5. I think it was Cleveland.

I will guarantee you this....I am benching him this week if Henry is not suspended.....FWP will fly on the NE turf and lead patient fantasy owners to victory. And you will have me to thank.

I thought for sure from early games that FWP would get lots of dump offs. They have eliminated that and the passing to the TE underneath.

:wave:

Same offensive coord that is making him fumble about every 5th carry?

Same offensive coord that is making him fumble about every 5th carry?

No, the same one that has him 2nd in the league in rushing yardage, including in games where there isn't a torrential downpour making the ball super wet.

:wave: