Sign in to follow this  
mhortsch

Did your playoff rosters lock on last Thursday or Sunday?

Ours didn't lock until Sunday... we just plain forgot to take Thursday into consideration (playoffs started this weekend).

A team had Cambell on their roster, granted as a backup. Since the rosters weren't locked, he was able to pickup a new backup QB. Cambell had to remain on his roster though.

What do most leagues do? It seems to put a few teams at a slight advantage if they have someone going thursday... in regards to injuries and backups. Especially during a crucial time like the playoffs.

I would think thursday would be the day to lock them, I would think your rules said "start of week 14 games" or it should have at least....

If it's on CBS, they changed the rules for this year to allow for add/drops after the Thurs. game as long as the players hadn't played yet. Don't know what effect the Saturday game will have this week.

Players should be "locked" at kickoff of their game. Any other method is retarded.

We use myfantasyleague and this is the setting used:

"GAMETIME: Players Are Locked At Kickoff Of Their Game. Each player can be started/benched just prior to the start of his NFL game."

Players should be "locked" at kickoff of their game. Any other method is retarded.

We use myfantasyleague and this is the setting used:

"GAMETIME: Players Are Locked At Kickoff Of Their Game. Each player can be started/benched just prior to the start of his NFL game."

Oh the individual players are locked 5 minutes before their game time... but actual transactions (add/drops) are currently set to sunday. Sorry for the confusion.

Players should only be locked when THEIR game starts, not anyone else's.

That would be pretty focked up if all players were locked on Thursday.

Our players are locked on Thursday at 6:15 PM Central Time. And waivers don't occur until Wed. at 11 PM Central Time. So we only get 19 hours to make waiver wire moves. It's retarded.

Oh the individual players are locked 5 minutes before their game time... but actual transactions (add/drops) are currently set to sunday. Sorry for the confusion.

Ahhhh ok I see now. I thought you were talking about your week 14 starting lineups.

As for add/drops, we locked ours on Sun 12/9 at 1:00pm. Note though that the players in the Thurs game could not be picked up.

our rosters do not lock until 12:00 et sunday. however, the players from the teams that played on thursday locked, whether or not you played the guy. sunday & monday team players can be moved around until 12:00 et sunday. had campbell on my bench & tried to drop him for another qb. i couldn't do it. likewise, if 1 of my thursday starters (see kolby smith) sucked, i couldn't swap someone for him. seems to work for us.

If it's on CBS, they changed the rules for this year to allow for add/drops after the Thurs. game as long as the players hadn't played yet. Don't know what effect the Saturday game will have this week.

glad you posted this, pimp. i didn't notice there was a saturday game. i called our site, tqstats.com. they handle saturday like they did thursday. all players that are on teams that played thursday (whether starting or benched) are locked. that is how saturday will be handled. players from teams that play sunday & monday can still be moved around until sunday @ 12:00 et.

thanks again, pimp. as commish, i could have had my a$$ in hot water if someone got screwed.