Sign in to follow this  
UPS

A dissapointing fantasy season

I used the Compiler/Draft Buddy program and I thought I had the best overall team at the start of the season.

Farve, S. Jackson, M. Barber, S. Smith, Driver, Curtis, and Winslow.

Jacksons injury killed me during several weeks, Steve Smith was a total dissapointment as was Driver.

I finished 7-7 missing the playoffs by 1 win.

Interesting note: of the teams that did make the playoffs only T. Romo, P. Manning, Burress, T. Owens, Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh and TE's T. Gonzalez and Clark were the only notable (big name) players on their rosters.

No Brady, Rothlisberger, Brees, Randy Moss, Boldin or Fitz,and no DST's like Minn, Pittsburgh, Patriots, or Colts.

Seemed like a strange season with injurys taking credit for most of it.

Trusting what you see for yourself has always worked out for me. Screw the "compilers" and "ADP spreadsheets."

I'm the most successful owner in my league just showing up for the draft and going with what *I* believe is the best. If I could go back and bump all the posts from jackasses who used "preseason ADP" as their argument for/against trades, WW & FA pickups... and what moves they would make - I'd be here doing it until the Superbowl.

I maintain pretty much to this very day that, with few exceptions, if you want any meaningful amount of football - you are just as much an "expert" as the "experts."

I used the compiler this year and had a good team going as well. But I still factor my own rankings into the compiler and adjust things as I see fit. I also use the projection pal to factor in other rankings, so I'm not reliant on one set of #'s. There are collateral things the compiler can't factor in. Steve Smith, who is also on my roster, is a prime example. The guy has been healthy for almost the entire year but was absolutely doomed when Delhomme went down, now he's barely a WR#3, despite still being highly ranked in overall scoring. Same thing with Lee Evans, who lost Losman due to injury and ended up with Edwards, which forced the Bills to dumb down the playbook and go conservative. I finished 6-7 but still made the playoffs by virtue of the fact that I was 4-0, then 6-2 at one point and had cleaned up in my division early on. Now I won my first round playoff game and look like I may have some easy matchups coming. The easy matchups are a product of me working the team during the season. The compiler is just a tool, it's not the bible.

Jackson was the number two rated player in all of fantasy football and he got hurt. Steve Smith is awesome with Delhomme in there, but when he went down, Smith became a non-factor.

There is anot a computer software or fantasy guru on thsi earth that can prepare you for that.

Fanatsy football is 50% skill and 50% luck. Some years you just have to admit that the bad luck got you.

Ive played Fantasy football 3 years and I won the 1st year. No injurys!

Sucked the next two because of injurys.

Guess the lesson here is to pray for no injurys.

Jackson was the number two rated player in all of fantasy football and he got hurt. Steve Smith is awesome with Delhomme in there, but when he went down, Smith became a non-factor.

There is anot a computer software or fantasy guru on thsi earth that can prepare you for that.

Fanatsy football is 50% skill and 50% luck. Some years you just have to admit that the bad luck got you.

I'd venture that your % is still off, I'm betting it's more like 80/20 luck to skill. I had an absolutely unbeatable team for the first part of the season, but injuries destroyed me and since i was winning, sitting at the back of the WW hurt even more.