Sign in to follow this  
GridironGuzzlers

Who missed their playoffs by a closer margin than I did

Our 3 division leaders had clinched last week & I was one of 3 (7-6) teams going for the wild card. Total season points is the tiebreaker. I won my game against one of the 7-6 teams then last night the other needed 14 pts from Saints D/ST to win his game, which would also put him .8 points ahead of me for the season. Saints get 15 points--I miss the wild card by 1.8 points. Sunday morning he had dropped Tenn D for NO. The real heartbreaker is I had Cutler on the bench--started McNabb.

Thankfully I made the wild card and won the points title in my other $$ league, but it still stings.

Well this guy in my league certainly has you beat...

He entered this week in 5th place (top 4 make the playoffs). He needed the 4 seed to lose, and him to win and he was golden. If both he and the 4 seed lost, the 6 seed would make it with a win. SO, 6 seed sewed up a win late Sunday. The 4 seed trailed by beacoup points heading into Monday night but had Stecker and Brees...he eventually lost by 6 points. My friend, the 5 seed, needed 22 points from Colston to move on to the playoffs...Colston got 21 - HE TIED HIS OPPONENT, missing the playoffs as a result. The 6 seed pulled an Ohio State, moving from 6 to 4 with the teams ahead of them losing...4 seed ended up 7-7, my friend was 6-6-2 after the tie...talk about brutal.

If I was my friend I'd be pulling another mall shooting spree this morning! :dunno:

I was up 23 with my opponent having Stecker and White going last night. My opponent ties me on Stecker's last carry of the night to get him to 100 yds exactly. Was hoping for another carry for a 1 yard loss or a fumble but of course he didn't play another down. Tie breaker was bench points and of course he had more.

Guest ramrock11

If Roddy White gets in the endzone on the hail mary at the end of the first half I would of won and made the playoffs.

The fantasy gods were not good to me.

he he he... check this out.

Playing against the Brady owner this week... he's 8-5... I'm 7-6. We're fighting for the last playoff spot. If I win... we'll be tied in record... then the first two tie breakers (division record and common opponents). Final tie breaker is total points, and I'm up by one point going into the week, So... I win and I'm in right? Ha ha...

Well... I'm up by 21 going into last night. I'm done and he has Colston. Guess who scored 21 points?!?! We tie our game... I take the tie breaker (bench scoring) by 3 points... and overall final tie breaker (total points) by one point.

Certainly sucks to be him!

Best part was he had 3 guys that scored something-9 points. Brady, Ward and one other guy.

I'm still stressing a little over there being a stat correction today, but it was sure fun last night!

In a keeper league with buddies, I was currently in 3rd seed playing the #4 seed. The 5 & 6 seeds had already lost, so I was in playoffs win or lose. But 3rd finish in the season is worth your entry fee back ($30), and also meant you didn't have to play the Brady/Westbrook owner...and got an easier matchup against the #2 seed & his suspect team.

Going into the Monday Nighter, I was down 140.72-148.78 with Michael Boley still left to play in my DL spot. So I need like 8.7 pts for the win. Sure enough, Boley put up 7.5 & I lost 148.72-148.22.

By .5 pts I lose out on the money & now have the undaunting task of beating the #1 seed (12-2) who has been riding the Brady train all season. And here I am, left, seriously considering starting Rosenfels over Kitna.....

:huh: