Sign in to follow this  
Joey Gladstone

MOTHERFOCKING SEAHAWKs!

In this scenario, the Seahawks will walk into GB and beat the overrated fudge Packers setting up a Seahawks-Cowboys Championship game in Dallas. All the Packers fans here will whine and moan and blame injuries for the loss. Then Tony Romo's fumble of a year ago will set up an intriguing revenge game. Unfortunately for Dallas, lthis could lead to his downfall in the champinioship game. I want everyone to keep dismissing this Seattle team. We are lying in the weeds waiting to strike. Beware! :pointstosky:

Sorry, our strengh of schedule disqualifies us from that scenerio.

Exactly, all this talk about previous years is meaningless as well as your hard-on for SOS and beating division winners.

The statement I made about them winning 3 playoff games was in defense to your claim that they haven't deserved a playoff spot. It had ZERO to do with whatever happens this year in the playoffs.

So, we'll agree that the Hawks weren't knocked out of the Wild Card playoffs 2 out of the past 4 years. But WERE 2 out of the past four years as well.

SOS matters. Whether you like it or not, to objective NFL fans, it matters. Until / Unless they devise a plan where everybody plays everybody else, it's about the only way to measure the relative strength of the competition a team faces versus their record. - In short, whether they deserve to be where they are.

For example, since Philly was too chicken to do so, I'll give you a head to head comparison of Seattle vs. NYG. Both have the exact same record at 9-4.

• Yet SEA has already locked thier division (and maybe even a BYE?)
  • The Giants? May be lucky to even GET in the playoffs as a low-ranked wild-card
  • They're not going to win their division and they have the same record as SEA.
  • Seattle only had to play 3 games against winning teams to get their 9-4 record. The Giants? At least 7, perhaps as high as 10 before the season's over.
  • SEA's combined SOS? less than .400. NYG? Over .500.

It's not just a SEA thing, it's an NFL thing. The key is to get the best teams into the playoffs and the SB. The NYG have a much tougher challenge and STILL managed to have the same record as a team that has the easiest schedule in the league. That has to tell you something about one vs. the other. The fact that one team consistently gets into the playoffs - only after having been moved to the easiest division in the league is undisputable.

And that has an impact -

+ On deserving teams who don't get the free pass into the playoffs.

+ On the level of competition against teams who DO get into the playoffs.

+ And mostly on the game itself. When for the first time in history, a team gets to enjoy going to the Super Bowl without having so much as beaten a single division winning team, that's not good for the game, the fans or the league. :headbanger:

So, we'll agree that the Hawks weren't knocked out of the Wild Card playoffs 2 out of the past 4 years. But WERE 2 out of the past four years as well.

SOS matters. Whether you like it or not, to objective NFL fans, it matters. Until / Unless they devise a plan where everybody plays everybody else, it's about the only way to measure the relative strength of the competition a team faces versus their record. - In short, whether they deserve to be where they are.

For example, since Philly was too chicken to do so, I'll give you a head to head comparison of Seattle vs. NYG. Both have the exact same record at 9-4.

• The Giants? May be lucky to even GET in the playoffs as a low-ranked wild-card
  • Seattle only had to play 3 games against winning teams to get their 9-4 record. The Giants? At least 7, perhaps as high as 10 before the season's over.

It's not just a SEA thing, it's an NFL thing. The key is to get the best teams into the playoffs and the SB. The NYG have a much tougher challenge and STILL managed to have the same record as a team that has the easiest schedule in the league. That has to tell you something about one vs. the other. The fact that one team consistently gets into the playoffs - only after having been moved to the easiest division in the league is undisputable.

And that has an impact -

+ And mostly on the game itself. When for the first time in history, a team gets to enjoy going to the Super Bowl without having so much as beaten a single division winning team, that's not good for the game, the fans or the league. :thumbsup:

All valid points, but are you saying that every time a few franchises within a division can't get their sh!t together (or in St. Louis's case this year have horrible luck with injuries) the league should re-align?

When the current NFC West was established who were the top teams? St. Louis and San Francisco. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Rams were just coming off a Super Bowl appearance and the Niners won the division the first year.

The NFC West is just going through a right of passage. And the Seahawks are a Superbowl contender.

And that has an impact -

+ And mostly on the game itself. When for the first time in history, a team gets to enjoy going to the Super Bowl without having so much as beaten a single division winning team, that's not good for the game, the fans or the league. :thumbsup:

That is such a load of BS.

SOS in no way whatsoever is a judge of which team is better. You can only play who is on your schedule, who's to say the Seahawks wouldn't have the same record if they had played the Giants Schedule? I don't think many people would think the Giants are better than the Hawks.

Persoanally I don't think the Hawks are on the same level as DAL and GB but playing in a weak division and having a low SOS in no way proves that.

Also saying that they couldn't beat an 8-8 wildcard team in the Super Bowl is such a weak argument, that same 8-8 team had all ready knocked off supposedly the two best teams in the league on route to the SB.

SOS in no way whatsoever is a judge of which team is better. You can only play who is on your schedule, who's to say the Seahawks wouldn't have the same record if they had played the Giants Schedule?

Well Gee, let's see here, where do we start?

1. Not a single one of the NYG losses were to sub .500 teams. Half of SEA's losses were to sub-.500 teams. Hell, at the time NOLA was winless - before they played Seattle :music_guitarred: .

2. You're partly right about SOS - which I why I deliberately paired SOS with record. With the craptastic SOS that SEA has, to only manage to have the same record as a team that has a much stronger SOS is a pretty clear indication. - And completely defeats your point.

3. "Who's to say the Seahawks wouldn't have the same record if they had played the Giants Schedule?" Well, the fact that:

a) They've beaten more teams over .400 than SEA has. - Even though SEA has had as many opportunties. Says quite a bit.

4. Perhaps the bigger question is "who's to say the NYG wouldn't have a better record if they had the SEA schedule?"

a) Seeing as how the NYG have never LOST to a team under .500, but SEA? Has lost TWICE to teams under .500

But to be honest, end of the day, I'll let it be (at least for this paticular point below) that NYG = SEA.

- Which goes full round back to my point: How is it fair or right - or more importantly quality football that with "equal" teams & equal records:

• One's already locked up their division. May even get a bye.
  • The other? May not even MAKE the playoffs.
  • Why? Strictly based upon Seattle's lucky break to be in the shittiest Division in the league.
  • Why should they get a free pass to the playoffs every year while equal or better quality teams don't?

Despite me saying that the past is irrelevant, Seattle has owned the Giants in head to head matchups the last couple years.

Just saying

I'm praying we get the Giants instead of the Vikings in the 1st round

Also saying that they couldn't beat an 8-8 wildcard team in the Super Bowl is such a weak argument, that same 8-8 team had all ready knocked off supposedly the two best teams in the league on route to the SB.

Boy, you sort of cherry pick dontcha? Kind of glossed right over the part that SEA wouldn't even BE in the SuperBowl were it not for the fact that they were the first and ONLY team in the history of the NFL to get in without having played higher than a 5 seed. That means they never even FACED the best 3 teams in the Conference. How is that perpetuating quality football? How does that make them worthy of being in the SB when every other team in the history of league had to AT least beat one of the top 3 teams in their conference? That's jacked up.

I'm praying we get the Giants instead of the Vikings in the 1st round

Careful what you wish for man. The Vikings are dead LAST against the pass (Seattle's apparently only effective offensive weapon :D ). NYG? Top Ten.

- But I DO think SEA/MIN would be more high-flying, high scoring. :thumbsup:

Boy, you sort of cherry pick dontcha? Kind of glossed right over the part that SEA wouldn't even BE in the SuperBowl were it not for the fact that they were the first and ONLY team in the history of the NFL to get in without having played higher than a 5 seed. That means they never even FACED the best 3 teams in the Conference. How is that perpetuating quality football? How does that make them worthy of being in the SB when every other team in the history of league had to AT least beat one of the top 3 teams in their conference? That's jacked up.

Doesn't that just mean all the higher seeded teams sucked/were overrated? Not to mention that They played the champion from the superior AFC very tough (and depending on who you talk to were at a disadvantage as far as officiating goes)

Again, how is the relevant to this year?

Careful what you wish for man. The Vikings are dead LAST against the pass (Seattle's apparently only effective offensive weapon :D ). NYG? Top Ten.

- But I DO think SEA/MIN would be more high-flying, high scoring. :thumbsup:

You're right, but I'd rather see Eli wilt under the noise then watch AD and Chester Taylor run behind McKinney, Hutch and Birk all game.

Not to mention that They played the champion from the superior AFC very tough

Y'all had less offense than the Bears did - And Grossman got all KINDS of shiit for HIS peformance. :thumbsup:

LOL I like how you know for a fact they wouldn't have made the SB. Again that in no way proves that they weren't a good team. Just because they didn't play them doesn't mean they wouldn't have beaten them. I mean those other 3 division winners were such great teams they couldn't even make it to the NFC Championship game. The Seahawks obviously beat a team which had knocked off 1 or 2 of those division winners.

I'm no Seahawks fan but your arguments are presumptive and don't prove anything. That you don't think the Hawks are a good team is fine but you're clutching at straws trying to back it up.

Y'all had less offense than the Bears did - And Grossman got all KINDS of shiit for HIS peformance. :thumbsup:

ehhhhh, we had some momentum killers....things I don't care to go into...I've moved on :D

And that has an impact -

+ And mostly on the game itself. When for the first time in history, a team gets to enjoy going to the Super Bowl without having so much as beaten a single division winning team, that's not good for the game, the fans or the league. :pointstosky:

Post your address. I have a pacifier, a crying towel, and good can of who gives a shite to send you. :overhead:

So anyways, turning this back into the Seahawks fan forum I intended....

Trufant was superb! He's really stepped it up this year. Probably helps to have some REAL safeties backing him up. Grant made a few great plays on passes.

Not news to anybody, but Alexander was awful. Everytime he checked into the game my entire section was booing him. That 25 yard run was ALL blocking. At least Holmgren isn't giving him 20+ carries like last week. It was night and day as far as effort goes whenever Morris and Weaver touched the ball. Shaun should be relegated to strictly backup status at this point..or possibly goaline back inside the 5...he runs harder when he gets a chance to pad his stats.

Hasselbeck was a stud, the timing TD pass to Branch was one of the best passes I have ever seen him throw.

And Pat Kerney now leads the league in sacks! 1.5 ahead of Osi :unsure:

Post your address. I have a pacifier, a crying towel, and good can of who gives a shite to send you. :banana:

i agree...holy focking...too much time on your hands type posts there....

last year...a good % of people...including so-called experts here tabbed sf and az to be up and coming teams...heck, some even said it was sf's division to win :overhead:

but really....discounting a team because the other teams in the division suck is really weak.....

put seattle in the nfc east, theyll win that focking division also..

are we to say that NE is weak? last time i checked, the bills, jets and fins werent lighting the league on fire....all together..that may be the worst division in fb and its silly to knock ne because of it...

when gb won the division all those years..what other nfc central(or north) team was a challenge to them?

how about this year? the vikes? lions...bears? puh-lease...the north sucks as hard as the west does....and before you say the vikes are solid..they are the norths version of az as far as how tough they are..

last year when the bears won the division...was it the division? the packers, lions and vikes were 3 of the flunkiest teams in the league....

save the division argument...

seattle deserves to be in the playoffs..but they clearly need to get some running game going....

pass pass pass is fine..but if the weather takes away the pass, they NEED a plan b...today, they had none...

*anyone else going online tomorrow at 9am to order tampa playoff tix or am i alone there? :unsure: *