Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Will the close score force both teams to play their starters all the way through?

I would think that both coaches were hoping to be able to rest their starters a little, especially the Giants.

There's no way Coughlin can pull Manning, Jacobs, or Burress with teh score this close. Even though the game means absolutely nothing to the team.

The entire rest of the league and their fans, plus the '72 Dolphins, would never let him live that down. Like it or not, Coughlin. This has to be played like your Super bowl now.

The smart coach on either side says "no mas" and thinks about the post season now.

Kinda silly to keep this going

The smart coach on either side says "no mas" and thinks about the post season now.

Kinda silly to keep this going

I saw Cassel warming up before the half ended.

If Coughlin were smart, he would take all the starters out now and keep this momentum going into next weeks playoff game. If he were to keep them in and they lose, it would be worse than taking them out and losing.

I think the Giants already lost an offensive lineman to a knee injury. With Wilfork out there, why chance him cheapshoting more players?

If Coughlin were smart, he would take all the starters out now and keep this momentum going into next weeks playoff game. If he were to keep them in and they lose, it would be worse than taking them out and losing.

I think the Giants already lost an offensive lineman to a knee injury. With Wilfork out there, why chance him cheapshoting more players?

Same for the Pats. Moss getting shaken up early on should act as a wake up call that the Super Bowl is the big picture. But never underestimate how far Belichick can take a pissing contest.

If he pulls his starters and they lose.....maybe that hurts their momentum....maybe not?

If he keeps them in and they win this game they will have massive momentum. They will know they can beat anyone. I would keep them in.

Either way, I'd keep starters in for both sides. Patriots aren't just going for a Super Bowl win, they want the undefeated season, I don't care what anyone says. The Giants need that confidence and would also like to the team to stop the perfect season. It's a hell of a game, I want to see it finish out for us (the fans).

Oh yeah, what kind of a rap is Mercury making up right now?

Same for the Pats. Moss getting shaken up early on should act as a wake up call that the Super Bowl is the big picture. But never underestimate how far Belichick can take a pissing contest.

If the Patriots were to take out their starters now, while losing the game? That I think would hurt them a great deal. This is a tough call for BB.

If he pulls his starters and they lose.....maybe that hurts their momentum....maybe not?

If he keeps them in and they win this game they will have massive momentum. They will know they can beat anyone. I would keep them in.

Either way, I'd keep starters in for both sides. Patriots aren't just going for a Super Bowl win, they want the undefeated season, I don't care what anyone says. The Giants need that confidence and would also like to the team to stop the perfect season. It's a hell of a game, I want to see it finish out for us (the fans).

I agree with this. I'm just saying, if I were Coughling, the safe thing is to take out the starters, he can use that during practice this week, knowing they were leading the Pats at the half.

Good to see you care so much about the Giants well being :lol:

Good to see you care so much about the Giants well being :lol:

They have ZERO chance at winning the superbowl this year.

Leaving this game with confidence is their only chance at winning next week.

HTH

Exactly. However, how many times do you see people bring up the '85 Dolphins? Giants can put this feather in their cap this year since I seriously doubt they will win it all.

HTH

or, for some reason you are scared of Eli?

How in the world do you think beating Tampa next weak is impossible?

Me thinks you scared

Oh yeah, what kind of a rap is Mercury making up right now?

Mercury McDouchchills should drop dead tonight, and spare us another atrocity.

or, for some reason you are scared of Eli?

How in the world do you think beating Tampa next weak is impossible?

Me thinks you scared

Now that Sheli has morphed back into herself and they've lost ALL the momentum they had. Enjoy the rest of the season. :pointstosky:

HTH

So, Ed, you still think the Giants were idiots for playing all out.