Sign in to follow this  
santa*69

KP Buckeye I pulled up an oldie but goodie for you

Yeah, pretty much all we can do is wait for this time next year when you start the "Georgia 34 - OSU 3" thread. The BCS National Championship game is an official day of mourning in the c-bus.

So, aside from your obsession with OSU, what is your point?

Exposed? they were beaten by a better team, simple as that.

Someone had to lose, i'll take being in 3 NC games in 5 years and winning 1.

When your team reaches this level, log in as your puzzay alias and let us know. :cheers:

When your team reaches this level, log in as your puzzay alias and let us know. :dunno:

I had to listen to the game on the radio. The announcers for the game (can't remember their names) said "with the performance of the Buckeyes the last two years they won't be invited back again if they are going to peform like this." I was pretty surprized to hear OSU announcers say something like that.

Seriously though, the Buckeyes biggest problem the past two years is their cupcakes they play. You can't play Akron, Kent St and Youngstown and expect those out of conference games to prepare you for the LSU's of the world. They have proven they are the best team in the Big Ten. They are beating teams they see year after year. When they get in the bowl games I think they struggle playing against different offensive schemes and high caliber talent. Next year they keep Youngstown and play Troy and Ohio U. I think they would have been much better off playing Arkansas, California.....a very good team from a big conference. They do play USC and that is a major plus....massive upgrade from Washington.

When they won in '02 they played Texas Tech and Washington St (ranked #7). I think getting those two games in vs big conferences gave them good experience at life outside of the Big Ten and gave them much more confidence. They also played San Jose St for one of their cupcakes, but that Spartan team wasn't too bad for a cupcake game.

It just seems like the Bucks get in the Big Game and can't hang. They have the talent, but for whatever reason they fizzle. A tougher schedule would make them tougher. I'm not trying to bash your Buckeyes, just trying to find a reason they got smoked by two teams (Florida and LSU) when they shouldn't have. They were flatout better than Florida last year and I thought LSU and OSU this year was pretty close. Obviously mistakes and penalties hurt, but still there was no reason to give up 31 unanswered.

I dunno? What's your take?

I had to listen to the game on the radio. The announcers for the game (can't remember their names) said "with the performance of the Buckeyes the last two years they won't be invited back again if they are going to peform like this." I was pretty surprized to hear OSU announcers say something like that.

Seriously though, the Buckeyes biggest problem the past two years is their cupcakes they play. You can't play Akron, Kent St and Youngstown and expect those out of conference games to prepare you for the LSU's of the world. They have proven they are the best team in the Big Ten. They are beating teams they see year after year. When they get in the bowl games I think they struggle playing against different offensive schemes and high caliber talent. Next year they keep Youngstown and play Troy and Ohio U. I think they would have been much better off playing Arkansas, California.....a very good team from a big conference. They do play USC and that is a major plus....massive upgrade from Washington.

When they won in '02 they played Texas Tech and Washington St (ranked #7). I think getting those two games in vs big conferences gave them good experience at life outside of the Big Ten and gave them much more confidence. They also played San Jose St for one of their cupcakes, but that Spartan team wasn't too bad for a cupcake game.

It just seems like the Bucks get in the Big Game and can't hang. They have the talent, but for whatever reason they fizzle. A tougher schedule would make them tougher. I'm not trying to bash your Buckeyes, just trying to find a reason they got smoked by two teams (Florida and LSU) when they shouldn't have. They were flatout better than Florida last year and I thought LSU and OSU this year was pretty close. Obviously mistakes and penalties hurt, but still there was no reason to give up 31 unanswered.

I dunno? What's your take?

the problem is many of these games were scheduled 4 years ago. We played a pretty tough schedule last year, this year it was weak. Orginnally we were supposed to start a home and away with USC but there were scheduling problems and it got moved to next year. This is the only year I can remember that they did not play a tough schedule. They were smoked by Fl, would not say that about LSU. they made a lot of dumb mistakes, pentalties, ect. I think we can safely put this speed thing to rest, it wasn't a matter of speed, it was a matter of making stupid mistakes and LSU making the most of it. Tressel usually does well in the big games, he beats UM and has and awesome BCS bowl record. I think they are 6-4 in last ten years? I don't think that is too shabby. We just got out played and out coached the last two championship games, everyone wants pile on and they conviently forget that we just won the NC a few years ago and have won all the recent BCS bowl games we were in. Can't win them all. :dunno:

We just got out played and out coached the last two championship games, everyone wants to pile on and they conveniently forget that we just won the NC a few years ago and have won all the recent BCS bowl games we were in. Can't win them all. :dunno:

I will say this. The Miami team that OSU beat was five times better than LSU or Florida. I still have no clue how they even hung in that game?! The only difference I see in the schedule since 2002 is one game. They took out one game vs a major conference and replaced it with a small conference school the past two years.

I'm a Husker fan so at this point I'd love to play ten division three schools just so we could win a damn game! Hopefully Pellini can get the job done. I'm tired of getting razzed by everyone at work. I have to go clear back to 97 to say anything good about my team. So losing in the National Championship game two years in a row isn't that bad compared to what I have had to deal with watching my Huskers...lol!!

When your team reaches this level, log in as your puzzay alias and let us know. :doh:

Kp sorry went to bed.

No obsession with OSU it is with the Big 10 and the schdedule. Go ahead you play USC next year. Lets say you lose the game. Well get to go right back into Big 10 and rattle of 10 or 11 in a row and right back in Nat Champ picture. Fowler called Big 10 out on it after the game. The Big 10 needs to step up you look at the SEC coaches whos who of college football. Look at the Big 10. Hats off to Mich stepping up and getting a big name. Zook is avg. You have Jo pa legend but it is over. Facts are facts 0-9 against SEC in bowls games and unless after waltzing through that weak ass conference next year and getting lucky and pulling like a BC or someone for Nat Title will get the shank again.

Nice game! :overhead:

All I want is an 8 team playoff. Then lets see how many Nat Champ games OSU plays in.

Kp sorry went to bed.

No obsession with OSU it is with the Big 10 and the schdedule. Go ahead you play USC next year. Lets say you lose the game. Well get to go right back into Big 10 and rattle of 10 or 11 in a row and right back in Nat Champ picture. Fowler called Big 10 out on it after the game. The Big 10 needs to step up you look at the SEC coaches whos who of college football. Look at the Big 10. Hats off to Mich stepping up and getting a big name. Zook is avg. You have Jo pa legend but it is over. Facts are facts 0-9 against SEC in bowls games and unless after waltzing through that weak ass conference next year and getting lucky and pulling like a BC or someone for Nat Title will get the shank again.

Nice game! :doh:

All I want is an 8 team playoff. Then lets see how many Nat Champ games OSU plays in.

So conferences are now judged by the "big name" of a coach?

Joe Pa

Tressel

Rich Rod

had Alvarez, now Bielema will get his name up there.

Ferentz

Its not like the Big 10 is rolling out high school coaches.

It is odd to see OSU struggle like that vs. the SEC. Given the rest of the conference has a pretty good record against the SEC.

But want to blame teams for this BCS championship.

Blame Mizzou for not being able to handle Oklahoma...and blame WVU for not being able to beat Pitt.

They were flatout better than Florida last year

:doh:

They were flatout better than Florida last year

:overhead: :overhead:

Please, please tell me you are joking. Florida would have beating OSU 9 out of 10 games last year. That game wasn't even as close as the score indicated. What game were you watching???

I think this loss hurts more than last year, only because I just have an aweful feeling that we gave LSU some points moreso than they actually earned them (5 personal fouls & countless other mistakes). Don't get me wrong, LSU deserves the championship....but to lose the way we did...UGH!!! I can honestly say that if OSU had played the way they were capable of playing (less mistakes & no personal fouls), they MAY have won. You can not make those kinds of mental/stupid mistakes (personal fouls) in any game & expect to win......especially in a bowl game, let alone....the national championship game. I really don't think speed played a factor this year (unlike last year), i think the 3 biggest reasons why we lost were:

1. mistakes/fouls

2. LSU had better depth on all sides of the ball

3. LSU coaching staff did a fantastic job

now getting onto the conf. things. - while its a no brainer the SEC is the best overall conf., don't get too cocky, cuz the SEC vs. the Big Ten (since 2002) favors the Big 10 (9-8) in bowl games.

I think its a good thing that rich rodrigez was hired in michigan. i think he'll bring the quickness/spread package on offense (like at WV) that the big 10 lacks & hope he is successful. and hopefully, the rest of the conf. follows suit. the big ten has got to realize that the football world is passing them bye. 3 yards & a cloud of dust just isn't cutting it any more.....PERIOD! it used to be (up until the BCS) that you played all year in hopes of making it to the rose bowl (to play the pac 10) & if you made it there, great. The goal was to win the big 10, the rose bowl was just kind of a bonus (without any real signifigance, other than beating usc or whoever). now its not only to win your conf. but also to be competative nationally. winning the big 10 is like winning $100 on a scrath-off ticket.....sure it's nice, but winning the power ball is where its at!

another thing about the scheduling - agreed, osu put way to many cupcakes on it & have been the last few years. ask michigan how scheduling that cupcake App. State worked out? you just never know....the sun does shine on a dogs azz every once in a while. but overall, if you look at the buckeyes schedule in august, given the preseaon/early season rankings, you could make a case for it not being as weak as it turned out. granted, preseason rankings don't mean much (heck, most of this season the rankings were bogus). but in the defense of the bucks, look at it overall at the beginning of the year. the 3 teams that were scheduled were ranked in the top 25 (michigan/penn state/wisconsin) with purdue breaking the top 25 once or twice (i think) - its not OSU fault that these teams fell out of the rankings. they didn't hold up their end of the "bargin" (so to speak). They just didn't play up to their protental, for whatever reason. michigan proved they were better than they played all year by beating florida in their bowl game. i doubt anyone predicted their fall before the APP. State game - everyone pretty much figured they'd walk thru their schedule & the big 10 & possibly into the NC game (i did & i'm a buckeye fan). it wasn't that long ago that the SEC was a joke of a conf. - these things just kinda swing about every 5-10 years & i'm sure it'll be someone else in a few.

they exceeded expectations this year (buckeyes) & i can honestly say i'm happy with the way the year went overall. it was supposed to be a rebuilding year for us & i figured we'd lose about 2-3 games & maybe get into a lower bowl game somewhere. but, beating michigan & sneaking into the NC game was cool. don't be surprised if you find us in the NC game next year either.

congrats tiger fans

&

go BUCKS!

I don't really watch much NCAA football, but it seemed like Tressel got outcoached pretty badly against LSU. He had what appears to be a stud RB, one that literally carried them to victory over Michigan. Wells broke off a 65 yd TD early in the game, and then it seemed like Tressel didn't use him much at all. I would have thought that he'd want to lean on Wells heavily to keep the ball out of the hands of the talented LSU offence, but it sure seemed like the Buckeyes didn't use him very much. I'm not talking about when the score was 31-10 LSU, but rather when OSU was still close in the 1st and 2nd quarters, when Wells could have really made a difference. I would have expected upwards of 20 carries by halftime. :(

I think everyone forgets that Ohio State wasn't even suppose to be in the hunt this year, let alone the National Championship Game. They weren't even pick to win the Big Ten, but picked to finish third or fourth. After the 2007 NFL draft, the Buckeyes lost thier starting quarterback, runningback, both starting wide receivers, the starting center and two starting defensive linemen. And those were just the players that were drafted. So they were going into the season, let alone the NC game with first year starters at all the key offensive positions.

I don't know about the rest of you, but that is pretty focking impressive.

And a special thanks to the teams that choked that let OSU back into the game. Thanks Mizzou and WVU. We couldn't have done it without you.

I think everyone forgets that Ohio State wasn't even suppose to be in the hunt this year, let alone the National Championship Game. They weren't even pick to win the Big Ten, but picked to finish third or fourth.

I think that is the point of santa's thread. Even though OSU was not supposed to be an elite team, they had the schedule to get back to (and lose) the BCS Championship game again. As it turns out, that's exactly what happened.

I'll grant you that they exceeded expectations by winning the Big Ten. That is impressive and gives them a lot of bragging rights within the conference for sure. But in terms of the national picture, santa was right on the money.

I think that is the point of santa's thread. Even though OSU was not supposed to be an elite team, they had the schedule to get back to (and lose) the BCS Championship game again. As it turns out, that's exactly what happened.

I'll grant you that they exceeded expectations by winning the Big Ten. That is impressive and gives them a lot of bragging rights within the conference for sure. But in terms of the national picture, santa was right on the money.

good god you are full of shiot. 3-2 last five years in BCS. w/ 1 NC.

No, we didn't deserve to be there. :dunno:

Much rather be playing for the NC then getting slapped around by UM.

Face it, santa called it, OSU rode an easy schedule to an undeserving spot in this year's championship game. Hell, you and I both predicted 10-3 records for our teams. Therefore neither of us expected our team to be serious national championship contenders. santa predicted OSU to get there and "get smashed again," time to give credit where credit is due.

Face it, santa called it, OSU rode an easy schedule to an undeserving spot in this year's championship game. Hell, you and I both predicted 10-3 records for our teams. Therefore neither of us expected our team to be serious national championship contenders. santa predicted OSU to get there and "get smashed again," time to give credit where credit is due.

not sure what game you watched but I didn't see any smashing.

yea, they rode an easy schedule through the weak Big Ten.

The same weak big ten that UM played in, and laid a beat down on the mighty sec's gators.

not sure what game you watched but I didn't see any smashing.

I watched the BCS Championship game. It was decided by 14 points. HTH.

I watched the BCS Championship game. It was decided by 14 points. HTH.

points tells you what happened in a game?

So FL getting a beat down, spit on, then shiot on, (by a big ten team) was indicative of the score?

me thinks not. HTH.

They were flatout better than Florida last year.

Ur kiddin, right? Florida dominated that game in all aspects. :rolleyes:

points tells you what happened in a game?

So FL getting a beat down, spit on, then shiot on, (by a big ten team) was indicative of the score?

me thinks not. HTH.

OSU did get smashed. Period. I don't even care to hear your rationale as to why you believe that is not the case.

OSU did get smashed. Period. I don't even care to hear your rationale as to why you believe that is not the case.

just as an unranked UM took a giant shiot all over the gators.

Thanks TJ an honest man in the world!

Don't worry I will post the same thing next year. Even if they lose to USC I don't see them losing in the Big 10 unless RR is a miracle worker.

TJ all I am really trying to get at here is that we need a playoff and the Big 10 OSU and the Pac 10 USC are holding that up. Why? We know why because they benefit the most in particular OSU from the current system. If a playoff in place they don't sniff the BCS Champ game the last two years.