Sign in to follow this  
oban14

Dynasty League: McGahee and Ronnie Brown for McFadden?

I know this sounds pretty slanted, but I can only keep 9 guys, so this might be worth taking. I have Brees, R.Brown, Bush, McGahee, Michael Turner, Fitz, AJ, Roy Williams, Colston, Gates, the San Diego defense (top defenses score a lot in our scoring system) and VD.

So I have 11 keepers if you don't count VD. I figure I give up a running back (don't really care which one) and Roy, and I could get the first overall pick in the draft. Now he's asking for Ronnie Brown and McGahee. This would enable me to keep Roy, but I'd only have Bush and Turner to go along with DMAC in the future.

Pros: Getting younger, really not all that crazy about McGahee although he's solid, and I also am concerned about the Brown situation in Miami. Hell, DMAC might end up playing there (though I doubt it). I'd have Roy as my top WR backup (we start three) which would be pretty nice.

Cons: McGahee has added Cameron next year, he's probably the best of my four running backs at the moment. Ronnie Brown was an absolute beast until he got hurt last year and he was able to do that with basically no one around him. I'm sure the new braintrust in Miami is going to be very into running the ball. I also don't know where DMAC will go... but I definitely want to get a deal done before the hype of the draft kicks in and the guy gets cold feet.

I'm kicking myself for passing up a similar opportunity to get Adrian Peterson last year and don't want to make the same mistake twice. Of course, last time I ended up trading up to #1 I wound up with Reggie Bush... :doublethumbsup:

Should I just go ahead and take the deal? He also wants a fifth round pick which frankly I don't really care about.

Should I just go ahead and take this to the "A Little Help" boardl?

Sure.

You must be quite the charmer at dinner parties. Your rapier wit has cut me to the core!

Thanks, try the veal.

Ok, I'll answer your question. In your situation a 2 for 1 type deal isn't a bad idea, but I'd try and get more of a sure thing young RB like a Steven Jackson or Joseph Addai if I was trading away two valueable backs. McGahee hype will only rise now that Cam Cameron is onboard.

McFadden may not end up in an ideal situation and could always bust (although I don't think he will.)

Thanks, try the veal.

Ok, I'll answer your question. In your situation a 2 for 1 type deal isn't a bad idea, but I'd try and get more of a sure thing young RB like a Steven Jackson or Joseph Addai if I was trading away two valueable backs. McGahee hype will only rise now that Cam Cameron is onboard.

McFadden may not end up in an ideal situation and could always bust (although I don't think he will.)

I appreciate it. A big reason I'm doing this is that I'm effectively "keeping 10" by getting the first overall pick. If I pick up someone like Addai or Jackson (whose owners probably won't trade them regardless) I'll still have to cut San Diego's defense and/or Roy Williams.

Sounds like his offer isn't absurd. I just might pull the trigger. In fairness, I've done a lot of "A little help" posts and found the only way to get responses is to respond to everyone else's. Last time I checked there were exactly two threads over there so I don't think I'd be able to get enough comments even if I responded to everyone over there.

Last time I checked there were exactly two threads over there so I don't think I'd be able to get enough comments even if I responded to everyone over there.

Yeah, its alright to do this question here this time of year, its just aug-september when the board is covered with these threads it gets annoying.

I guess i would rather have either of the guys you are trading away for McFadden instead of McFadden. I think you are getting the raw end of the deal.

In redrafts McGahee is going to be late 1rst early 2nd and Brown is recovering fast last i heard, his value should be around late 2nd in redrafts, depending on where McFadden ends up he could drop as far as 4th in redraft leagues. Even in an ideal situation it would be hard to see McFadden being drafted anything sooner than mid 2nd.

Yeah, its alright to do this question here this time of year, its just aug-september when the board is covered with these threads it gets annoying.

I guess i would rather have either of the guys you are trading away for McFadden instead of McFadden. I think you are getting the raw end of the deal.

In redrafts McGahee is going to be late 1rst early 2nd and Brown is recovering fast last i heard, his value should be around late 2nd in redrafts, depending on where McFadden ends up he could drop as far as 4th in redraft leagues. Even in an ideal situation it would be hard to see McFadden being drafted anything sooner than mid 2nd.

I think you're right. I've been too focused on getting down to 9 players and not focused enough on getting value. I'm willing to overpay slightly for the #1 overall pick because I have too many players, but Brown and McGahee are a bit too much. I asked him for a #1 next year as well, or I'll give him Michael Turner instead of one of them.

I appreciate it. A big reason I'm doing this is that I'm effectively "keeping 10" by getting the first overall pick. If I pick up someone like Addai or Jackson (whose owners probably won't trade them regardless) I'll still have to cut San Diego's defense and/or Roy Williams.

Sounds like his offer isn't absurd. I just might pull the trigger. In fairness, I've done a lot of "A little help" posts and found the only way to get responses is to respond to everyone else's. Last time I checked there were exactly two threads over there so I don't think I'd be able to get enough comments even if I responded to everyone over there.

No sweat, I was busting. Little Help isn't really for a dynasty leagues and in the offseason ther'd be no reason for anyone to go over there.

Personally I wouldn't swaet about cutting any defense, but I see your point. If you don't need Willis or Brown its not a bad idea to roll the dice on McFadden and hope for a stud.

I think you're right. I've been too focused on getting down to 9 players and not focused enough on getting value. I'm willing to overpay slightly for the #1 overall pick because I have too many players, but Brown and McGahee are a bit too much. I asked him for a #1 next year as well, or I'll give him Michael Turner instead of one of them.

Also, is there a reason you have to make the deal now? Michael Turner could end up back in SD backing up LT. While its nt likely its not impossible, then you'd be trading away useful backs for no reason.

Michael Turner could end up back in SD backing up LT. While its nt likely its not impossible

No it's pretty much impossible. He's an unrestricted free agent and there's already been a number of teams rumored to be interested in him. So he can go somewhere and be a starter and get starter money or sign with the Chargers as LT's backup and continue to get backup money.

Willis is going to be a stud in that offense... McFadden is unknown... he could be Blair Thomas for all we know.

I know this sounds pretty slanted, but I can only keep 9 guys, so this might be worth taking.

thats a keeper league my friend, NOT A DYNASTY :overhead:

As for your trade I wouldn't give up 2 proven Rb's for 1 (gamble).... could be a very nice gamble, but it's still a gamble... If you had one more solid Rb, I may consider it, but leaving yourself with Bush McFadden and Turner is a little risky IMO.... if you could wait it out or actually sell Turner now on the notion he will sign somewhere and be the starter (before he actually does) then I'd probably do that... Like Turner and Brown for McFadden.... McGahee is more stable than Turner