Sign in to follow this  
onejayhawk

Top 10

I dont want to turn this into a mack draft forum, but the top few picks, and likely trades seems a fitting argument.

My post Senior Bowl 10

1) Miami - Dorsey, DT. Still. Tuna loves defense, and he is the best on the board.

2) St Louis - Chris Long, DE. This may be traded, as before, and J Long is possible.

3) Atlanta - Matt Ryan, QB. An area of desperate need, and the early 2nd round prospects are edging into round 1.

4) Oakland - Darren McFadden, RB. The wild card. McFadden by default. Sedrick Ellis by choice.

5) KC - Jake Long, LT. Obvious pick at this point. If he goes to St Louis, any of above of Ellis.

6) NYJ - Sedrick Ellis, DT. He may not last this late. Any of above except Ryan.

7) NE - Keith Rivers, OLB. A perfect fit of position and talent. He was a Senior Bowl achiever .

8) Baltimore - Vernon Gholston DE/OLB. The top athlete left.

9) Cincinatti - Calais Campbell, DE. A small reach, but none of the secondary players really stands out. Ryan Clady would not shock me.

10) New Orleans - Mike Jenkins, CB. The pick of the clump of CBs and Ss in the next 10 or so.

J

3) Atlanta -

4) Oakland -

5) Kansas City -

This order will be determined at the combine with coin flips, BTW. Oakland and Atlanta will flip for #3. If Atlanta loses, they will flip with KC for #4.

I am convinced that the Raiders are going to go DL with the first pick. Dorsey, Long, or Ellis. If Atlanta wins the toss and all three of those guys are gone, then I'm not sure what they will do. If they do pick McFadden, it'll be an Al Davis pick and not a Kiffin pick. :overhead:

I always have a tough time with these, but I think Chris Long goes #1. Just a feeling. Dorsey then goes to St. Louis. I think that even though QB may be a bigger need, assuming that Atlanta gets the 3rd pick, I think they take McFadden. I have a hard time seeing Ryan going top 5. I could see Ellis going to Oakland if McFadden goes to Atlanta.

3) Atlanta -

4) Oakland -

5) Kansas City -

This order will be determined at the combine with coin flips, BTW. Oakland and Atlanta will flip for #3. If Atlanta loses, they will flip with KC for #4.

I am convinced that the Raiders are going to go DL with the first pick. Dorsey, Long, or Ellis. If Atlanta wins the toss and all three of those guys are gone, then I'm not sure what they will do. If they do pick McFadden, it'll be an Al Davis pick and not a Kiffin pick. :(

This is true. I assume the most likely order. Oakland will pick ahead of KC though. Atlanta has a 50% chance of picking 3rd, and 25% each of 4th or 5th.

While oakland would like DL, I think there is little chance they pass on McF, should he be there. While RB is not a big hole, neither is a team strength. There is a lot of depth in both lines in this draft, so they can go for players in later rounds. I could very much see them taking Chris Long, though I think he will be gone by their pick.

J

Unless he can play MLB, no way the Pats go with an OLB.

i think you are wrong and so is he.

The Pats will go for a OLB if it is a player they want...just not Rivers. Colvin is due 7.8 mill next year, meaning he is likely gone.

Bruschi and Seau are replaced by Adalius Thomas and ? on the inside. Vrabel and ? on the outside. I think Oscar Lua may be the other ILB at this point and Pierre Woods at the other OLB.

I could see them going Gholston or Derrick Harvey with that first pick. or a CB like Leodis McKelvin

I don't think they would take Rivers b/c he is not size wise what they like (250lb +)

Wow. What a differnce a few weeks makes.

1) Miami - Chris Long, DE. It could be Gholston. I think the trade down is dieing.

2) St Louis - Vernon Gholston DE/OLB. The top athlete in this draft, at least on defense.

3) Atlanta - Matt Ryan, QB. An area of desperate need, so they reach.

4) Oakland - Jake Long, LT. Obvious pick at this point. Before Williams I would have said DMc

5) KC - Darren McFadden, RB. McFadden by default. He seems to be the conscensus best player of the draft.

6) NYJ - Taliq Abib. A do it all playmaker, who tested MUCH faster than expected.

7) NE - Dorsey. The inlury costs him several $Million. DRC is possible.

8) Baltimore - Sedick Ellis, DT. He can play either 3-4 or 4-3.

9) Cincinatti - Kieth Rivers. BDPA.

10) New Orleans - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB. The pick of the clump of CBs in the next 10 or so.

J

Wow. What a differnce a few weeks makes.

1) Miami - Chris Long, DE. It could be Gholston. I think the trade down is dieing.

2) St Louis - Vernon Gholston DE/OLB. The top athlete in this draft, at least on defense.

3) Atlanta - Matt Ryan, QB. An area of desperate need, so they reach.

4) Oakland - Jake Long, LT. Obvious pick at this point. Before Williams I would have said DMc

5) KC - Darren McFadden, RB. McFadden by default. He seems to be the conscensus best player of the draft.

6) NYJ - Taliq Abib. A do it all playmaker, who tested MUCH faster than expected.

7) NE - Dorsey. The inlury costs him several $Million. DRC is possible.

8) Baltimore - Sedick Ellis, DT. He can play either 3-4 or 4-3.

9) Cincinatti - Kieth Rivers. BDPA.

10) New Orleans - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB. The pick of the clump of CBs in the next 10 or so.

J

if the top 3 fall like this I think you have to switch pick 4 and 5. If he's available, there is no way the crypt keeper let's McFadden fall past him.

Kansas City had Priest Holmes and then Larry Johnson, where the fock did that get them? Teams are so focking stupid to waste a high pick on a running back or WR. That's why certain teams will never win.

NE takes ghoulston is a second if he slips....

Every team except KC has been mentioned with Gholston. I highly doubt he makes it to NE.

NE takes ghoulston is a second if he slips....

I highly doubt ghoulston even falls that far. He's been moving up on everyones board.

I highly doubt ghoulston even falls that far. He's been moving up on everyones board.

gholstn goes top 6 for sure.

Every team except KC has been mentioned with Gholston. I highly doubt he makes it to NE.

just said "if he did slip"

im well aware we are going to overpay/overdraft a CB or hopefully trade down...

Nowadays, I am hearing that Long Long and Ryan will be the top 3 picks. After the Raiders paid Tommy Kelly so much money, they cannot really draft Dorsey or Ellis, since both play the same Under Tackle position as Kelly. If that's how it plays out, I hope they take Gholston and not McFadden.

Nowadays, I am hearing that Long Long and Ryan will be the top 3 picks. After the Raiders paid Tommy Kelly so much money, they cannot really draft Dorsey or Ellis, since both play the same Under Tackle position as Kelly. If that's how it plays out, I hope they take Gholston and not McFadden.

Don't you think that they would really benefit from having a serious running game? If McFadden is like ADP, then that might help Russell emerge. I think that they have put forth some dough on the defensive side and they need to get some stability with the core running game.

Either that or I am just trying to talk them out of taking Gholston :thumbsup:

Don't you think that they would really benefit from having a serious running game? If McFadden is like ADP, then that might help Russell emerge. I think that they have put forth some dough on the defensive side and they need to get some stability with the core running game.

Either that or I am just trying to talk them out of taking Gholston :thumbsdown:

1. McFadden is not like ADP

2. The Raiders already have an effective running game. What they don't have is any consistency whatsoever in the passing game (particularly when it comes to protecting the QB and avoiding penalties), any ability to stop the run, or any pass rush.

3. The running game is 75% blocking. Running backs are highly overrated.

4. Running back is one of only 2 or 3 positions that the Raiders have any real depth at.

1. McFadden is not like ADP

2. The Raiders already have an effective running game. What they don't have is any consistency whatsoever in the passing game (particularly when it comes to protecting the QB and avoiding penalties), any ability to stop the run, or any pass rush.

3. The running game is 75% blocking. Running backs are highly overrated.

4. Running back is one of only 2 or 3 positions that the Raiders have any real depth at.

I think that Oakland has depth at RB but they really don't have a #1. Lamont Jordan is a bust and I am not sold on Fargas to carry a full load. I see them needing to do something on the offensive side of the ball at either OL or RB, but you know your team better than I do.