Sign in to follow this  
hines86rules

Myron Cope dies

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3266796

PITTSBURGH -- Myron Cope, the screechy-voiced announcer whose colorful catch phrases and twirling Terrible Towel became symbols of the Pittsburgh Steelers during an unrivaled 35 seasons in the broadcast booth, has died. He was 79.

Without Myron, there would be no :rolleyes:

RIP

RIP Myron. A true Legend.

If you get a chance, pick up Myron's autobiography called Double Yoi. It is truly a piece of Pittsburgh sports history showing how sports were, and should be covered. Myron had access in bars, clubs, resteraunts to the great players of the 70's when there wasn't a fear of exposing or looking for weekness (ala ESPN, NFL network). RIP Myron.

It is sad when a voice of a generation (or two) of fans is gone. I have never heard him, but I can imagine. T&P's to the family and RIP.

:cheers:

Him and Johnny Most :overhead:

RIP M.C...the Great Steeler Nation grieves at your loss :dunno:

:( Terrible Towel

I heard today that he had the longest tenure of any sports play by play in the NFL.

RIP to a great entertainer :thumbsdown:

We shall miss "Yoi and double yoi!"....

This is Myron Cope on sports........

It is sad when a voice of a generation (or two) of fans is gone. I have never heard him, but I can imagine. T&P's to the family and RIP.

:dunno:

Ernie Harwell :dunno:

Him and Johnny Most :overhead:

Every time I thought of Cope I automatically thought of Most...

Both were true fans in the role of announcer. God I loved listening to Myron Cope call a game...

Thanks Myron for the thrills and enjoyment you gave me when I would listen to the Steeler Games.

You were one of the great ones that could stir you up and entertain you at the same time. You were and always will be the voice of Steeler Football. R.I.P. I was lucky enough to grow up listening to Bob Prince broadcast the Pirate Games and later Myron Cope broadcast the Steeler Games. The two of them made you feel our boys were going to win every time. Thanks again Myron and Bob