Sign in to follow this  
adam smitty

Is this even possible?

AHMEDABAD, India (Reuters) - A newborn baby girl survived an ignoble birth after slipping down the toilet bowl of a moving Indian train onto the tracks when a pregnant woman unexpectedly gave birth while relieving herself on Tuesday.

"My delivery was so sudden," said the Bhuri Kalbi, the mother of the infant, born two months prematurely. "I did not even realize that my child had slipped from the hole in the toilet."

Kalbi, a 33-year-old woman from a village in Rajasthan, fainted on the toilet seat after the birth for a few minutes before waking up and alerting her family.

"They stopped the train and ran on the tracks to find the baby," she said, speaking from her hospital bed in the western city of Ahmedabad.

Railway staff at a nearby station were alerted and soon found the newborn girl lying uninjured on pebbles by the track. She is now in intensive care because of her premature birth, doctors said.

Most toilets on Indian trains are filthy chutes emptying directly onto the tracks.

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnough...857281320080228

Apparently it is possible, though I wold never have believed it until seeing this story a few days ago.

Apparently it is possible, though I wold never have believed it until seeing this story a few days ago.

Exactly. I saw it on the news and couldnt believe my eyes!

where did you get this? Star Magazine?

where did you get this? Star Magazine?

I saw it on the CBS news. :thumbsup:

Its no accident the baby lived, shes gonna end up being the Golden Child or some shiit

What happened to the umbilical cord? Did it just rip? How far away did the train get before anyone knew? If the woman fainted for a few minutes before telling anyone, I would think the train traveled a fairly significant distance in that time for them to just "stop the train and run onto the tracks to find the baby"

And why are the toilets dumping directly onto the tracks? This is India right? They have nuclear technology but can't rig up some kind of chemical storage system that can be emptied at one of the stops?

And why are the toilets dumping directly onto the tracks? This is India right? They have nuclear technology but can't rig up some kind of chemical storage system that can be emptied at one of the stops?

itsatip: Don't drink the water :pointstosky:

What happened to the umbilical cord? Did it just rip? How far away did the train get before anyone knew? If the woman fainted for a few minutes before telling anyone, I would think the train traveled a fairly significant distance in that time for them to just "stop the train and run onto the tracks to find the baby"

Probably why it took them 2 hours to find the baby. :overhead: