2002 NFL New York Giants* 10 -6 -0

2001 NFL New York Giants 7 -9 -0

2000 NFL New York Giants* 12 -4 -0

1999 NFL New York Giants 7 -9 -0

1998 NFL New York Giants 8 -8 -0

1997 NFL New York Giants* 10 -5 -1

1996 NFL New York Giants 6-10

1995 NFL New York Giants 5-11

so, here are the last 12 seasons prior to last year's season: 4 Winning seasons. Eight non-winning seasons.

Fixed.

Really not much debate about the record - you posted (most of it) yourself.

Really not much debate about what a "non-winning season" is either. Anything over .500 is a winning season, anything less, is not.

Even if we change the scenario to include last year (the concept being "look what they did prior to last year" :rolleyes: ), that's still 8 losing seasons out of 13. I SURE wouldn't brag on that. Getting blown out of the first round of every wild card game they've played for a dozen years prior to last year ain't saying much. The fact that they even GOT a wild card at 8-8 last year tells you a lot more about the NFC than it does the NYG.

But hey, cling to whatever you need. Like you said, you posted the stats (technically, you posted the records, but whatever).

3 winning seasons in 11 years is an "upper class NFL team?"

You had to go back a quarter of a century to get that stat? Wow.

It's not 25 years...And why not go back that far? The idea is to win Super Bowls. Right?

Again, the Giants are 1 of only 4 teams who can say they have won 3 Super Bowls in the last 21 years.

That's 1 S.B win every 7 years. Not too bad.

Cowboys--Giants--Patriots--San Fran

During the Marino years, most people thought of the Dolphins as an elite team. But yet they havn't won a Championship since 1974. :bandana:

I said they were a pretty meh team in meh division. I then justified my position with the records of the NYG and their division. The Seahags have been to the playoffs with winning seasons - FOUR years in a row - including a SB appearance - with far more wins in their last 3 seasons than the NYG. Another "meh" team in a "meh" division.

Comparing the NFC East, which sends two or three teams to the playoffs every year, to the NFC West is utterly rediculous. Dallas, Philly, and Washington verses Arizona, St. Louis and the '9ers??? Over the last three years the NFC West has had the worst record in football at 83-109. Even the weak NFC South managed better with 89 - 103. The NFC East on the other hand was tied with the AFC South for the best record at 108 - 84, with the NFC East having sent more teams to the playoffs in that span than any other division in football. So in terms of record and playoff appearances, you are talking about the best top to bottom division in football and the worst.

I'm sorry, the Giants having reached the playoffs three years in a row is an accomplishment, and their having done so playing in a tough division after having been devistated with injuries in two of the three seasons makes this accomplishment even more impressive.

Seriously, if a perrenial playoff team and superbowl champion is no better than a "meh" team in your eyes, and you regard the division that has been the most consistent in football over the past three years with the best record and most playoffs appearances as a "meh" division comparable to the NFC West, then I guess there really is nothing more to discuss here. :music_guitarred:

Listen wiff, the only one that crying and moaning here is you. What are you trying to prove? That the Giant's weren't always a good time. Fine, you win, wave your little pink towel. Who cares what they did 12 years ago, let them have as many losing seasons as they want, fact is the past 3 years they have turned it up and won the superbowl. I'd trade however many losing seasons you claim they have in the past whatever years for what they have done the past 3. Just take it easy, we aren't living in 1998 anymore buddy, we are in 2008 and the Giants won the superbowl. I'm happy you were rooting for them. You proved your point, but it would have made a difference in everyones lives 10 years ago, not now. The past happened, not gonna change and we all cool with it and what has happened. We are in the present now, in 2008, stop dwelling in the past buddy and look forward to another good football season.