Sign in to follow this  
Rattlesnake

I rented American Gangster and No Country For Old Men

Have been looking forward to seeing both, finally decided to splurge and visit the local Movie Gallery. Likely watching one tonight, one tomorrow.

Thoughts?

I am going to warn you. AG blows.

Then I stand by my suggestion. If it is really that bad, then you can stop it and watch the other one.

I am going to warn you. AG blows.

I've heard that. People seem to either love it or hate it. It was either that or "I Am Legend".

Denzel > Will Smith

i didn't like american gangster for a number of reasons so i suggest you watch no country for old men first.

i didn't like american gangster for a number of reasons so i suggest you watch no country for old men first.

I can only imagine what kind of reason you had.

haven't seen Old Country. But I enjoyed American Gangster. It's a cross between Blow and Catch Me If You Can. Enjoyable, but not the best ever. I'd like to see Old Country now.

haven't seen Old Country. But I enjoyed American Gangster. It's a cross between Blow and Catch Me If You Can. Enjoyable, but not the best ever. I'd like to see Old Country now.

If I had never heard of AG I may have thought it was an OK movie at best. Having heard of all the hype that surrounds it I was VERY let down when I watched it.

I can only imagine what kind of reason you had.

guess no longer

i give it 2.5 peenie stars out of 5:

this unique story was unfortunately filmed to tell the same tired drug story. besides the film being overrun with rappers and miscast characters, someone did not research the film enough to even make the picture visually entertaining.

it wasn't a good gangster movie or serpico type film.

perhaps the novice will like it?

imo, this could've been a good film, sadly it wasn't.

The BET interview with Frank Lucas was BY FAR better than the movie was.

Watched No Country For Old Men tonight. Just finished it, actually. Pretty crazy movie......pretty good, too, until the ending. :thumbsdown: :overhead: :banana:

The BET interview with Frank Lucas was BY FAR better than the movie was.

The problem for me was that I saw the Frank Lucas documentary on Gangland before I saw the movie, not even realizing that AG was based off the Frank Lucas story.

Denzel is far too distinguished to play the POS low life phag that Frank Lucas was, so after figuring out that this is who the movie was based off was laughable, outside of that it was decent

The problem for me was that I saw the Frank Lucas documentary on Gangland before I saw the movie, not even realizing that AG was based off the Frank Lucas story.

Denzel is far too distinguished to play the POS low life phag that Frank Lucas was, so after figuring out that this is who the movie was based off was laughable, outside of that it was decent

I haven't watched AG yet, but I thought Denzel was pretty good at playing a low-life in Training Day. Is this role that much worse/different, in terms of its.........low-life-ness?

I haven't watched AG yet, but I thought Denzel was pretty good at playing a low-life in Training Day. Is this role that much worse/different, in terms of its.........low-life-ness?

I :bandana: Denzel so ill pretty much watch whatever hes in. He does an excellent job in this film as well, it was just seeing the Frank Lucas documentary first that threw me for a spin when a polished gentlemen like Denzel played the role. If I remember Training Day correctly, he was easier to hate in that than this.

Decent movie. Tomorrow night I will prolly do We own the night, unless someone here tells me it seriously blows

Guest RenoZ
Tomorrow night I will prolly do We own the night, unless someone here tells me it seriously blows

Nope - watched it last night and thought it was pretty sweet - phenomonal in HD!

Nope - watched it last night and thought it was pretty sweet - phenomonal in HD!

Thank you :lol:

AG = meh.

We own the night = Excellent.