Sign in to follow this  
bigdev

Draft rounds

Just wondering from some of you vets, how long is your draft. i mean how many rounds is your draft usually? and does anybody know how many rounds nfl.com's draft is? thanx.

My main leauge is 20 rounds b/c we like deep rosters and have a limit on the number of ww pickups during the year. We find that this encourages trading and keeps the league more interesting.

My other leagues I think have 15 or 16. I think thats around what the avg is. Not sure what NFL.com's is but I would think you could set it to whatever you want your roster sizes to be.

:overhead:

Thanx Terp. i am trying to commish a league and trying to set up the roster limits which in turn sets the draft length.

My main leauge is 20 rounds b/c we like deep rosters and have a limit on the number of ww pickups during the year. We find that this encourages trading and keeps the league more interesting.

My other leagues I think have 15 or 16. I think thats around what the avg is. Not sure what NFL.com's is but I would think you could set it to whatever you want your roster sizes to be.

:)

My league is switching form 18 to 20 this year as well.

:pointstosky:

I have always hated paying or limits on transactions but I like this 20 round aproach. It puts more emphasis on doing your homework and on the draft itself. Anyone can pick up a player that is surprisingly playing great during the season.

I am in 4 leagues and they go between 14 and 16 rounds.

We have 18 spots. Team QB. Start 2 RB & 4WR/TE or 3 RB & 3 WR/TE. K Def. No mandatory TE. 9 starting spots, with 9 bench spots. The 9 bench spots can be any position desired. Usually, 1 QB, 1 K, 1 Def, and the last 6 is a mixture of RB/WR/TE.

We have 13 rounds in both of my leagues. (9 starters, 4 bench spots)

We like to keep our rosters small. Plus we have a blind bidding claims system with a salary cap so nobody has an advantage during the week.

It's been a big hit since we put it in.