Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

Jason Taylor to the

1. Dan Snyder went and got Jason Taylor out of need not want.

2. Under the JZ era(which is young) the Skins drafted 10 players. Saying that they disrespect draft picks seem to be obselete.

3. a second round pick for a double digit sack man, who would have a problem with their team getting that

4. The Skins drafted a punter with the 6th pick this year.

5. A lot cheaper than getting Jared Allen

6. stop watching espn and for an original thought.

5. Yes...but Allen will play longer in all liklihood.

5. Yes...but Allen will play longer in all liklihood.

Not if we send drinks to his table. :unsure:

Wow...nice little circle jerk among hawks fans I created.

So funny how they just jump in to support on another...such a cute couple.

Yep, nothing like Packer fans.

Cheer up little buddy, in a few years when Brohm develops your team could be relevant again.

Getting back to the topic, I'd also like to point out that The Giants just traded Shockey, a player that will play more then 1 or 2 seasons, to the Saints for only slightly more value in draft picks. Just saying...

Getting back to the topic, I'd also like to point out that The Giants just traded Shockey, a player that will play more then 1 or 2 seasons, to the Saints for only slightly more value in draft picks. Just saying...

1. DEs are much more valuable than TEs

2. Taylor is a better player than Shockey

3. Shockey has been banged up every year of his career and never started all 16 games of a season while Taylor has done so for 8 consecutive seasons.

4. DEs are much more valuable than TEs

As a long time Skins homer I am pessimistic hoping to be persuaded that this is a good thing but there are several more cons then there are pros

PROS

JT is the best defensive lineman the Redksins have ever had....

CONS

He is 33 turning 34 and thinking about retirement...as they say, once you start thinking about retirement you are retired

He is a pass rushing right defensive end filling in for a run stopping left end...we already have one highway 99 in Andre Carter and teams run right at him...teams will now be able to run at both sides of our line....don't get me wrong, Taylor is an outstanding end but he played in the AFC east not the NFC east...Barber, Westbrook and Jacobs are coming and I don't know who is gonna stop em...

This moves feels panicky...if this deal was able to be made so quickly now, who is to say it would not have been there a month from now...Vinny does not know how to bargain....Miami wanted a first in April, they wanted a second in July, what would they have wanted in August...plus, can't we wait to see what we have at the position before we make a move....see TJ Duckett

Lastly, I will never walk away from my computer thinking "Wow, Vinny sure did hose the Tuna"...it just doesn't work that way and us Skins homers know it...

Saying all that, I'm pessimistic hoping to be proved otherwise!!

their pass rush has been suspect the past 3 seasons, with sack ranks of 16th, 32nd, and 20th.

their overall defense rank has been 8th, 31st, and 9th [the one bad yr in 2006 obviously].

taylor adds heat on 3rd down to help an already sound and productive linebacker group headed by fletcher, young super safety candidate in landry, still crafty and solid corner shawn springs, and young guys carlos rogers and reed doughty.

My only concern is that with Daniels out for the year we now have 2 undersized DE's in Carter and Taylor. Could be problematic against the run but thats something the coaching staff will have to deal with.

The Giants also had two undersized DE's last year (Strahan - 275 lbs, Umenyiora - 261 lbs), and they did OK. :)

I agree that it was a great deal for the Skins. The Giants proved last year that in the present-day NFC, all you need to do is squeak into the playoffs - once there, any NFC team can get to the Super Bowl. It looks to me that the Skins have assembled a darn good defence for this year. With Portis in the backfield, Cooley at tight end, and the big play ability of Santana Moss, they're starting to resemble the Ravens of 2000 - obviously not as dominating of a defence, but a very similar style team that other teams are NOT going to have fun playing against.

The NFC East is gonna be one he!! of a division this year. :thumbsup:

Yep, nothing like Packer fans.

Cheer up little buddy, in a few years when Brohm develops your team could be relevant again.

Are you trying to compare those 2 trades?

Really?

A malcontent TE coming off of an injury whose team seemed to do much better without him.

To a perennial pro-bowler/former defensive player of the year.

Both were actually good deals IMO.

I think Shockey can do well in NO...but he must change some of his attitude for sure.

Hell...GB got a 2nd rounder this year for Corey Williams...it only took what...a 4th rounder for Randy Moss.

Should we compare all of those too?

Trade values in comparison that way are a bit off IMO.