Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Santonio Holmes

Looks to be going around rds 5-6 in most drafts behind guys like Roy Williams, Brandon Marshall, and Greg Jennings. Personally I'd take Holmes over any of them. Has put up great number (relatively speaking) in his first 2 years in the league and now he's entering that "magical 3rd year". Add to that a rough schedule (for the PIT DEF at least) that is going to require the offense to throw a lot.. I think he's going to be at least a SOLID #2wr with potential to be a top 5 WR pick next year.

PIT 2008 Schedule: HOU @CLE @PHI BAL @JAX BYE @CIN NYG @WAS IND SD CIN @NE DAL @BAL @TEN CLE

Looks to be going around rds 5-6 in most drafts behind guys like Roy Williams, Brandon Marshall, and Greg Jennings. Personally I'd take Holmes over any of them. Has put up great number (relatively speaking) in his first 2 years in the league and now he's entering that "magical 3rd year". Add to that a rough schedule (for the PIT DEF at least) that is going to require the offense to throw a lot.. I think he's going to be at least a SOLID #2wr with potential to be a top 5 WR pick next year.

PIT 2008 Schedule: HOU @CLE @PHI BAL @JAX BYE @CIN NYG @WAS IND SD CIN @NE DAL @BAL @TEN CLE

Sorry I don't get it...

He is really not a great PPR guy becasue They just don't throw much and Ward is the first look on most plays other than bombs. I see maybe a ceiling of 75 - 1100 - 9 and a floor of 55 - 900 - 5

Sorry I don't get it...

He is really not a great PPR guy becasue They just don't throw much and Ward is the first look on most plays other than bombs. I see maybe a ceiling of 75 - 1100 - 9 and a floor of 55 - 900 - 5

I see your point about PPR leagues. He's not going to get 85+ rec this year, but you can't deny his overall yardage and TD #'s his first 2 years. Ward is one year older as well. I'm not saying draft him as a #1, but if you can somehow manage to get him as your #3, or at least wait on him as a #2 and fill another position instead, I think you'll be happy..

I'd rather have Williams, Marshall (even with 2 games), Welker, Boldin, i would maybe take him over jennings but only because rodgers in an unknown

I'd rather have Williams, Marshall (even with 2 games), Welker, Boldin, i would maybe take him over jennings but only because rodgers in an unknown

I gotta agree with Dexter because i feel it is the safer way to go.

With that said, Santonio has really nice potential if the steelers decide to go to the air more.

I'll let someone else take Holmes in the 5th round and I'll grab Hines Ward in the 6th or 7th and smile all season.

Ward is still Ben's "go to" guy.

I'll let someone else take Holmes in the 5th round and I'll grab Hines Ward in the 6th or 7th and smile all season.

Ward is still Ben's "go to" guy.

In 3rd downs. Holmes will definitely put up better numbers.