Sign in to follow this  
MudDawgs4Life

McGahee

Anybody got any news on McGahee? It's been 5 days since they said all he was doing was running in the pool. They made it sound like he wasn't even close to practicing, but he was saying he'll be there for week 1. Since then, it's been nothing for 5 days, no news at all.

Anybody seen anything?

Anybody seen anything?

I've seen Ray Rice running like a bat out of hell while McLazy has once again shown up out of shape :first:

Avoid McGahee this year. I had him last year and he did not do jack sh-t when healthy. His team is going to roll out a rookie QB which means 8 in the box. Willis had so few TDs last year I thought I had Willie Parker on my team. Ray Rice will start the first game and he will not go away when McGahee returns. This will turn into RBBC and the safe bet is to avoid the entire situation.

It's kinda sad too. Mac G has a world of talent, but he simply doesn't give a sh it. I was trying to do a deal involving Thomas Jones for Mac G, but amazingly I think Jones is the better player this year

Avoid McGahee this year. I had him last year and he did not do jack sh-t when healthy. His team is going to roll out a rookie QB which means 8 in the box. Willis had so few TDs last year I thought I had Willie Parker on my team. Ray Rice will start the first game and he will not go away when McGahee returns. This will turn into RBBC and the safe bet is to avoid the entire situation.

The McGahee revisionist history continues. He finished 7th among RBs in my non-ppr league last year. I wouldn't call that "jack sh-t". He had 7 rushing TDs which he got in seven straight games. I'd rather have that than a guy who scores three in a game and then disappears for half the season.

If you're down on the guy this year because of the injury, bad attitude, threat of Rice, etc., that's fine but don't discount the fact that the guy had a very good (not great) 2007.

The McGahee revisionist history continues. He finished 7th among RBs in my non-ppr league last year. I wouldn't call that "jack sh-t". He had 7 rushing TDs which he got in seven straight games. I'd rather have that than a guy who scores three in a game and then disappears for half the season.

If you're down on the guy this year because of the injury, bad attitude, threat of Rice, etc., that's fine but don't discount the fact that the guy had a very good (not great) 2007.

i fully agree with you larry david. the guy also caught over 40 balls too, so even in a PPR he was solid. it's the strange silence that is now surrounding this situation that is weird. not to hear anything on a top running back for 6 days now seems odd. he must not be around the ravens facilities at all. reporters comment on anything, if he's got a limp, what kind of brace he's wearing, anything they can and there has not been anything written about him.

however, it's probably a sign that the ravens didn't go out and sign a free agent, like shaun alexander or cedric benson. that would have been a huge warning sign that this is worse than initially thought.

McGahee unlikely to play opener Friday 8/29, 7:49 AM CT

It is unlikely that Ravens running back Willis McGahee will play in Week 1 due to his knee injury, and he is still walking with a limp, according to Sporting News Today.

Our View: McGahee had arthroscopic knee surgery early in camp, and has been missing in action ever since. Yet another reminder that handcuffing Ray Rice to McGahee is important in fantasy drafts.

According to FanBall.com, he will miss the first game.

Ravens: McGahee unlikely to play opener

The News

It is unlikely that Ravens running back Willis McGahee will play in Week 1 due to his knee injury, and he is still walking with a limp, according to Sporting News Today.

Our View

McGahee had arthroscopic knee surgery early in camp, and has been missing in action ever since. Yet another reminder that handcuffing Ray Rice to McGahee is important in fantasy drafts.

I'll probably get crucified for this but do I start Rice against the Bengals or Earnest Graham against the Saints?

I was going to ask about starting Rice or LenDale White....

I was going to ask about starting Rice or LenDale White....

Rice over White, White has JAx. Rice over antonye babYYY!!!

I'll probably get crucified for this but do I start Rice against the Bengals or Earnest Graham against the Saints?

Neither D stops anyone. Go with the proven guy over the rook.