Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

anyone else pass on AP at #4?

My draft went LT, Westy, Brady - and I took Moss at #4 in 12-team league. I assumed there was greater depth at RB than WR. Took Ryan Grant and Jamal Lewis in rounds 2 and 3.

Anyone else worried about possible sophmore slowdown with AP?

Jamal Lewis and the Browns are going to have it much tougher this season and don't forget about his sore hammy which may linger.

Ryan Grant benefitted greatly from the presence of Brett Favre and really hasn't been tested for a full season. Could be a huge bust.

I know some people have concerns about AD, but seriously...taking Moss before Peterson is just asking for a losing season :first:

Unless Moss scores 20 TDs again (unlikely), you may have screwed the pooch (likely). Lewis and Grant are not much for protection so you prolly got that pooch pregnant. :first:

anyone who lets AP slip past them at #4 is either playing in a league that doesn't score points for RB's or a complete idiot.

My draft went LT, Westy, Brady - and I took Moss at #4 in 12-team league. I assumed there was greater depth at RB than WR. Took Ryan Grant and Jamal Lewis in rounds 2 and 3.

Please explain your logic behind this one. Did you watch the guy play last year? He is the most explosive RB in the league. You just banked on perhaps a one year wonder and an old washed up running back. I would've gone with a sure thing, and maybe AP doesn't reach the numbers that he did last season, but there is a good chance that he could be more consistent. With that being said, if I was sitting there @ 5 and you just took Moss, I would've asked you to pay me your entry fee now bc there is not a shot in hell that you win after a pick like that. I can only imagine who else you are banking on.

Bad move. But go with what you feel. Both are first round material. Moss would NEVER had been there on the way back. So if you really wanted him(like you apparently did) go for it.

I do worry about this guy and think he has a good chance of getting hurt.

However, no way in hell can you pass him up at #4.

Our 10-team draft experience was exactly the opposite: There's far more depth at WR than at RB.

I tend to draft using a "best available player" approach, so I'm always looking at the depth at each position when my turn comes up.

By Round 3 the only RBs left were the likes of Laurence Maroney and Julius Jones, while you could still pick up Braylon Edwards, Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston, Wes Welker, etc.

Moss is great, but the drop-off from him to some of the other elite wideouts isn't as big as the dropoff from AP to Ryan or Jamal.

With the #4 overall in our draft, you could have had AP, Reggie Wayne in the second, and in the third grabbed either another top wideout, Carson Palmer or a second RB of the Maroney/Jones/Lewis caliber.

That said, everyone's got different tastes. In our draft Tom Brady went #1 overall to a Patriots homer, Peyton Manning went #7, and Randy Moss didn't go until the middle of the second round.

Our 10-team draft experience was exactly the opposite: There's far more depth at WR than at RB.

I tend to draft using a "best available player" approach, so I'm always looking at the depth at each position when my turn comes up.

By Round 3 the only RBs left were the likes of Laurence Maroney and Julius Jones, while you could still pick up Braylon Edwards, Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston, Wes Welker, etc.

Moss is great, but the drop-off from him to some of the other elite wideouts isn't as big as the dropoff from AP to Ryan or Jamal.

With the #4 overall in our draft, you could have had AP, Reggie Wayne in the second, and in the third grabbed either another top wideout, Carson Palmer or a second RB of the Maroney/Jones/Lewis caliber.

That said, everyone's got different tastes. In our draft Tom Brady went #1 overall to a Patriots homer, Peyton Manning went #7, and Randy Moss didn't go until the middle of the second round.

I'm in the majority on this one as well. If you were so concerned about his durability issues, you could have grabbed Chester the Molester (ADP 8.07) to handcuff. AP runs behind one of the largest O lines in the NFL.

I'm in the majority on this one as well. If you were so concerned about his durability issues, you could have grabbed Chester the Molester (ADP 8.07) to handcuff. AP runs behind one of the largest O lines in the NFL.

I took him with the 3rd pick and then picked Chester up around 7 or 8.I'll take 10 decent games out of him and play chester the remainder of the year on fresh legs.

You're asking for another record breaking season from Moss (the same with Brady).......Highly unlikely. I've followed AP since his senior year in high school. The kid is talented all-around. If it wasn't for a nagging injury here and there, the guy should be #1. His speed, power and work ethic is just mind-boggling!!