Sign in to follow this  
Winky Dinky Dogg

Avoiding a loose "pick" through the 5 hole

Apologies for the clever hockey reference in subject line. I have spent the better part of the past couple days wondering just what the hell I am going to do with the 5 spot this year in a PPR 12 teamer. Here is where I am at:

5a) Jackson -- comes to camp late, plays for god awful STL, is he this year's LJ? You're lying to yourself if you have not considered as much.

5b) Gore -- I like him a great deal, but 5 just feels lofty for some reason. Great back, with great hands and a weak schedule. Leaning here.

5c) Barber -- this is my swing for the fences (as much as one can from the 5 slot); or, maybe my way of hedging. I flat out love the way he runs, the offense he is in, and his expanded role.

In the end, I can sleep at night selecting Gore or Barber, but just wanted to check where everyone else's head is when it comes to the 5 hole.

Apologies if wrong forum...

I agree. I was in the 5th spot and went Barber. My bro got Jackson with the 7th. I dread what I might hear all season if I'm wrong, but I went with my gut, the more high powered offense which offers the least risk. IMO

I won't do Portis, he has way too many miles for my liking.

Brady I won't do either as I think he regresses to a 35 TD year - which is not shabby by any stretch, however, unless he can deliver 40 or more in that spot, I can't see him being worth bypassing a premium RB for.

So .. you haven't considered Portis??? Or Brady - "if" you have 6-pt. passing TDs?

Barber or Brady

Even with 35 TD's...that will outscore whatever Barber or any other "stud" rb is gonna get you.

Barber or Brady

Even with 35 TD's...that will outscore whatever Barber or any other "stud" rb is gonna get you.

But how much will it outscore Manning, Brees, or Romo that you could get a round or two later, vs the RB you'll get in that spot?

wow people are just drinking the Marion Barber koolaid...

hope it ends up tasting well for you fellas.

absolutely no value in drafting Barber as high as 5. do you know why he was so good last year? because people drafted him in the 2nd round.

Fantasy football is all about value.