Sign in to follow this  
robertd52

Trying to guage the man love level for Holmes on this board

He sorta had his break out year last year before he got dinged.

Anyone here drafting him as a "solid #2" guy this year?

Anyone see any MAJOR pitfalls to watch out for with the guy?

Is this the year were he takes over the #1 from ward hands down?

I don't think he is the clear cut #1 guy in Pittsburg yet.

Ward had 19 more receptions than Holmes last year. (1 fewer touchdown and 200 fewer yards).

Holmes has more of the big play value for the Steelers but I believe the Steelers, with the drafting of Mendenhall, look to get back towards more Power Football. (hang on to the ball rook.)

I have Holmes as my number 3 behind Fitz and Holt. I think his numbers last year were very good and I can see a slight increase in those numbers but not enough to warrant a high # 2.

Good Luck.

He sorta had his break out year last year before he got dinged.

Anyone here drafting him as a "solid #2" guy this year? Yes I Did

Anyone see any MAJOR pitfalls to watch out for with the guy? Not any more than anyone else

Is this the year were he takes over the #1 from ward hands down? If he stays on the field, he's the man

pretty much agree, they still got ward around and will run the ball, plus heath miller.

santonio is more of a deep threat, rather than a go to guy. probably on the level of lee evans

Hines was injured for a chunk of last year and never really got fully healthy. Holmes is a #2WR with upside in my book, but he's not consistently targeted enough. If he could approach 80 catches he's got the ability to be a #1 WR but I don't think they target him enough to get him there.

-2nd year in Arians spead offense

-3rd year in league

-his totals were based on only 13 games

I drafted him as my #2 WR and think he is a bet to finish top 20 with the upside of a top 10 finish.

I LOVE THIS GUY!!! i drafted him a s my wr2 after fitz. i think there is NO downside! i repeat, NO downside! everyone can get injured so ignore that. this guy is in his magic third year. think javon walker and thats how i see holmes ending up! power run game? awsome. just opens up more big plays. he is what lee evans dreams he could be! this is a top 10 wr if he stays healthy and will lead the league in 40 yd plays. (moss will be bottled up by smart def coord.) i wouldnt trade this guy right now. its all value! only 13 rec behing hines? he only played 13 gms! i want hines to get more catches and keep drives alive! this guy is the big play man for big ben. if the oline holds up he will be top 10. period

I drafted him as my #2 but then regretted it after watching the Steelers 3rd preseason game(I know its preseason). I watched him go a half w/o catching a ball and I had flashbacks of drafting L Evans as my #2 WR last year. I went back and did some number crunching from last years stats and found that Holmes would make me very nervous as my #2 WR, I would feel more comfortable with him as a flex or #3.

Holmes is a big play reciever who makes a living on long gains and long TDs. Several of his games last year that he scored well in he had less then 5 receptions, that makes me nervous. He is going to have some very good weeks where he is on sportscenter and scores over 20 points but he is also going to have games where he gets you 3/48. I ended up trading him in a package for D Brees so I don't have to worry about him going "L Evans" on me.

Just my 2 cents so he'll probably blow up and go "Jerry Rice" this year.

I drafted him as my #2 but then regretted it after watching the Steelers 3rd preseason game(I know its preseason). I watched him go a half w/o catching a ball and I had flashbacks of drafting L Evans as my #2 WR last year. I went back and did some number crunching from last years stats and found that Holmes would make me very nervous as my #2 WR, I would feel more comfortable with him as a flex or #3.

Holmes is a big play reciever who makes a living on long gains and long TDs. Several of his games last year that he scored well in he had less then 5 receptions, that makes me nervous. He is going to have some very good weeks where he is on sportscenter and scores over 20 points but he is also going to have games where he gets you 3/48. I ended up trading him in a package for D Brees so I don't have to worry about him going "L Evans" on me.

Just my 2 cents so he'll probably blow up and go "Jerry Rice" this year.

I think you make some very valid points here on the possible downside of holmes...good analysis

I LOVE THIS GUY!!! i drafted him a s my wr2 after fitz. i think there is NO downside! i repeat, NO downside! everyone can get injured so ignore that. this guy is in his magic third year. think javon walker and thats how i see holmes ending up! power run game? awsome. just opens up more big plays. he is what lee evans dreams he could be! this is a top 10 wr if he stays healthy and will lead the league in 40 yd plays. (moss will be bottled up by smart def coord.) i wouldnt trade this guy right now. its all value! only 13 rec behing hines? he only played 13 gms! i want hines to get more catches and keep drives alive! this guy is the big play man for big ben. if the oline holds up he will be top 10. period

I've grown to really dislike that phrase now. There is no magic 3rd year, particularly in Holmes cause because he "broke out" already last year. The learning curver on WR's is 2-5 yrs. WR's to me are about targets, the more chances they get, the more they can make things happen. Holmes doesn't get enough targets for me. I'd love to have him as a #3 figuring I'll get #2 WR numbers a lot, but he's too hit or miss for me, which says a lot as a Steelers homer. I like his upside, but he needs to see the ball more.