Sign in to follow this  
BobbyZ

Colston for Welker who do you take?

2007 Welker 112 receptions, 8 TD, 1,175 yds receiving, 34 yards rushing

2007 Colston 98 catches, 11 TD, 1,202 yds receiving 0 yards rushing

I'll clarify by saying I can't recall if they both played 16 games last year, but seems like a legitimate question standard scoring gives a slight edge to Welker in ppr. Also, with the year Moss had last year, I'd expect them to see Welker open more and go to him as often as 07' Can't say the same for Colston with Shockey in the mix now.

2007 Welker 112 receptions, 8 TD, 1,175 yds receiving, 34 yards rushing

2007 Colston 98 catches, 11 TD, 1,202 yds receiving 0 yards rushing

I'll clarify by saying I can't recall if they both played 16 games last year, but seems like a legitimate question standard scoring gives a slight edge to Welker in ppr. Also, with the year Moss had last year, I'd expect them to see Welker open more and go to him as often as 07' Can't say the same for Colston with Shockey in the mix now.

If I remember right, the saints and Colston started off very slow...and Colston didnt do much the 1st 5 weeks...so taking that in consideration I would take Colston since he is a #1 option...where Welker is a slot WR..Brady likes to spread the ball around, with Moss, Gaffney, Watson(Endzone) and Welker

Colston, for all the reasons above, plus he's got the size to be a primary redzone target. Welker isn't going to be the first option down there.